748 users online (98 members and 650 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,209

    Keep Getting Booted Off!

    Can anyone help me................

    I keep getting booted off the site every few minutes and have to keep logging in. It's frustrating when I try to post or send a PM only to find I have been logged out and have to start all over again..
    Then when I log in again I keep getting redirected to a blank page, I have to try and keep logging in a few times before I can get back on.

  2. #2
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,469
    You could try behaving!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,711
    A few of us had a similair problem after the new software was installed.

    Try leaving WS then opening another browser window then go to Tools (across the top) choose internet options and clean out your cookies.

    After that you should be able to log in and stay logged in

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist View Post
    You could try behaving!

    I know, I wondered if that was the problem - but 'behaving' and 'me' don't go together in the same sentence

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    A few of us had a similair problem after the new software was installed.

    Try leaving WS then opening another browser window then go to Tools (across the top) choose internet options and clean out your cookies.

    After that you should be able to log in and stay logged in
    Thank you, I have cleaned out my cookies now and it seems ok, fingers crossed....

  6. #6
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,469

    Quote Originally Posted by lizziedripping View Post
    I know, I wondered if that was the problem - but 'behaving' and 'me' don't go together in the same sentence
    Boy, do I know that feeling!

    Did cleaning out your cookies help?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New York ... for now.
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by lizziedripping View Post
    Can anyone help me................

    I keep getting booted off the site every few minutes and have to keep logging in. It's frustrating when I try to post or send a PM only to find I have been logged out and have to start all over again..
    Then when I log in again I keep getting redirected to a blank page, I have to try and keep logging in a few times before I can get back on.
    Me too ..... and I have clean cookies!!! I've been kicked off about five times today and I ALWAYS behave!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    I haven't been having any problems Lizzie, just saying hi on your thread lol



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Me too ..... and I have clean cookies!!! I've been kicked off about five times today and I ALWAYS behave!!!
    LMAO, I didnt know you knew what the word behave meant.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New York ... for now.
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    LMAO, I didnt know you knew what the word behave meant.
    .... That was in my younger days, Shazzy!!! I've been trying my best lately!! No one notices when I'm being bad (even good) anyway, or cares!!! lol


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,209

    Not Resolved

    Ok........... My cookies are cleared out and I still keep getting booted off, AND I have been behaving!!!

    It's getting silly now, I type a post and if I don't get it all done in 30 seconds I am logged out and have to start all over again, so now I have to type my post in a word document and then cut and paste it onto here so I don't lose it! WTF!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    18,934
    Quote Originally Posted by lizziedripping View Post
    Ok........... My cookies are cleared out and I still keep getting booted off, AND I have been behaving!!!

    It's getting silly now, I type a post and if I don't get it all done in 30 seconds I am logged out and have to start all over again, so now I have to type my post in a word document and then cut and paste it onto here so I don't lose it! WTF!
    Wish I could help Lizzie, I was having the same problem. I completely closed my browser (which one are you using?), cleared my cache, cookies, history, etc. Got back on the net logged in and checked remember me. That cleared it up but, sometimes it still does the same darn thing and I do the above all over again.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    4,175
    I don't get booted off but sometimes the pages are too big for my puter and I have to keep playing with those stupid arrows at the bottom of the thread to get the next page up... Seems to only happen on the really long threads. Gee, when it went down a few weeks back I thought it was all about me.. How dumb. I convinced myself that the puter had gone nuts!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    615
    LOL Kazz!

    Lizzie, that was happening to me too!

    I did what Jodieo did, make sure you check the Remember Me box, it seems to help.

    Does anyone else find that after they open the More Smilies window, that it closes again? I used to leave it open BUT now it just closes itself.

    1 more, is anyone else having problems today?

    The site is very slow for me. I have run spybot,
    cleaned everything I can and it is still slow!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New York ... for now.
    Posts
    5,413
    Yup, I've been getting logged off while posting and sending PM's! Wow, that's frustrating, there's definitely bugs in the new software. It's almost as if you don't 'beat the clock' you get logged off or as if you're on a timer. Keep your posts and PM's short and sweet and I think you're okay.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. PA Booted From Mall For Cancer Hats
    By Filly in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2013, 10:33 PM
  2. Lindsay Lohan Booted From Community Service Program
    By Dark Knight in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 09:36 AM
  3. Michaele Salahi Booted from Celebrity Rehab!
    By ohiogirl in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 07:46 PM
  4. Mom Booted From Plane Over Baby's Babbling
    By CaliKid in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 06:03 PM
  5. Woman Booted off Plane because of T-Shirt
    By MrsMush99 in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 07:44 PM