748 users online (98 members and 650 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Keep Getting Booted Off!

Can anyone help me................

I keep getting booted off the site every few minutes and have to keep logging in. It's frustrating when I try to post or send a PM only to find I have been logged out and have to start all over again..
    Then when I log in again I keep getting redirected to a blank page, I have to try and keep logging in a few times before I can get back on.

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    You could try behaving!

A few of us had a similair problem after the new software was installed.

Try leaving WS then opening another browser window then go to Tools (across the top) choose internet options and clean out your cookies.

After that you should be able to log in and stay logged in

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist View Post
    You could try behaving!

I know, I wondered if that was the problem - but 'behaving' and 'me' don't go together in the same sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    A few of us had a similair problem after the new software was installed.

Try leaving WS then opening another browser window then go to Tools (across the top) choose internet options and clean out your cookies.

After that you should be able to log in and stay logged in
    Thank you, I have cleaned out my cookies now and it seems ok, fingers crossed....

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails

Quote Originally Posted by lizziedripping View Post
    I know, I wondered if that was the problem - but 'behaving' and 'me' don't go together in the same sentence
    Boy, do I know that feeling!

Did cleaning out your cookies help?

Can anyone help me................

I keep getting booted off the site every few minutes and have to keep logging in. It's frustrating when I try to post or send a PM only to find I have been logged out and have to start all over again..
    Then when I log in again I keep getting redirected to a blank page, I have to try and keep logging in a few times before I can get back on.
    Me too ..... and I have clean cookies!!! I've been kicked off about five times today and I ALWAYS behave!!!

I haven't been having any problems Lizzie, just saying hi on your thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Me too ..... and I have clean cookies!!! I've been kicked off about five times today and I ALWAYS behave!!!
    LMAO, I didnt know you knew what the word behave meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    LMAO, I didnt know you knew what the word behave meant.
    .... That was in my younger days, Shazzy!!! I've been trying my best lately!! No one notices when I'm being bad (even good) anyway, or cares!!! lol

Not Resolved

Ok........... My cookies are cleared out and I still keep getting booted off, AND I have been behaving!!!

It's getting silly now, I type a post and if I don't get it all done in 30 seconds I am logged out and have to start all over again, so now I have to type my post in a word document and then cut and paste it onto here so I don't lose it! WTF!

Ok........... My cookies are cleared out and I still keep getting booted off, AND I have been behaving!!!

It's getting silly now, I type a post and if I don't get it all done in 30 seconds I am logged out and have to start all over again, so now I have to type my post in a word document and then cut and paste it onto here so I don't lose it! WTF!
    Wish I could help Lizzie, I was having the same problem. I completely closed my browser (which one are you using?), cleared my cache, cookies, history, etc. Got back on the net logged in and checked remember me. That cleared it up but, sometimes it still does the same darn thing and I do the above all over again.

I don't get booted off but sometimes the pages are too big for my puter and I have to keep playing with those stupid arrows at the bottom of the thread to get the next page up... Seems to only happen on the really long threads. Gee, when it went down a few weeks back I thought it was all about me.. How dumb. I convinced myself that the puter had gone nuts!!!

LOL Kazz!

Lizzie, that was happening to me too!

I did what Jodieo did, make sure you check the Remember Me box, it seems to help.

Does anyone else find that after they open the More Smilies window, that it closes again? I used to leave it open BUT now it just closes itself.

1 more, is anyone else having problems today?

The site is very slow for me. I have run spybot,
    cleaned everything I can and it is still slow!

Yup, I've been getting logged off while posting and sending PM's! Wow, that's frustrating, there's definitely bugs in the new software. It's almost as if you don't 'beat the clock' you get logged off or as if you're on a timer. Keep your posts and PM's short and sweet and I think you're okay.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast