1587 users online (371 members and 1216 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FL - 'Fort Myers 8' (5 still UID) WhtMales Buried in Woods, Mar'07

Remains of 8 people found in Fort Myers woods

The Associated Press
    Posted March 24, 2007, 11:06 AM EDT
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...home-headlines

8 sets of remains without skin or clothing found within a 50 yard radius. FDLE investigating- treating as homicides.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-24-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Wow! The investigators think the bodies had been there for years. That is crazy. I'm looking forward to hearing more about what they discover.

Link for information on Dan Conahan, serial killer.

FL - Eight Bodies found in Florida Forest, Fort Myers, 2007

Oh my word Moggie this is the kind that we won't hear any more about. So many questions you would think the reporter could have added clothed, in graves maybe serial... Thanks for the link mom3dd

Just because of the proxmity I would venture to guess it was illegal aliens.Either not useful to the cause or a sick individual was systemically removing them. Too many in one spot not to be planned out.JMO

Thats funny... I looked him up today on FL DOC...

Oh my gosh! What a horrible story that Canahan is! Any so many. It boggles the mind!

8 bodies found in Ft Myers Florida

Hi

Does anyone know more about this or can find out more and post it here or please post it here when you do find out more.I am very interested in this.

suzanne

Remains of 8 bodies found
    Fort Myers police seek clues in deaths

By ED JOHNSON
    ejohnson@news-press.com
    Originally posted on March 24, 2007

The skeletal remains of eight people were found Friday in a wooded area about 25 feet from an unpaved section of Arcadia Street in east Fort Myers.

Police are handling the deaths as homicides unless they find evidence to the contrary, Lt. Brian Phillips said.

The location was kept under police guard Friday night, and investigators are expected to continue their investigation today, police spokeswoman Shelly Flynn said.

Investigators estimate the bodies have been in the woods for several years, police said.

No skin or clothing was left on the remains, Phillips said.

No trauma was evident, he said.

Police called in Heather Walsh-Haney, a forensic anthropologist from Florida Gulf Coast University, to help with the investigation.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../703240525/1075
    Last edited by chicoliving; 03-29-2007 at 02:01 PM. Reason: to comply with copyright;post a paragraph only and include the link

BonitaNews.com
    Bonita Daily News | The BannerE-mail story | Printer-friendly | Discuss story E-mail editor | iPod friendly | Get on your phone A day of combing Fort Myers woods turns up no more skeletons
    By Tom Hanson (Contact)

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Off a sandy, dusty road in Fort Myers, more than 50 law enforcement officials and volunteers searched a heavily wooded 10-acre parcel for more bones and some answers.

A day after finding eight human skulls and skeletal remains, nothing more turned up.

Authorities from the Fort Myers police department, Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Cape Coral police department, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and faculty from Florida Gulf Coast University sifted through the desolate area off Arcadia Street and Canal Street today.

The delivery of a dozen pizzas by an officer in an unmarked car signaled the end of the grueling grid-search.

“It’s been a painstaking venture. It’s hot out here. It’s rough work and it’s not too environmentally friendly back there,” Fort Myers police Lt. Brian Phillips said. “This investigation has basically turned into an archaeological dig now.”

http://www.bonitanews.com/news/2007/mar/25/day_combing_fort_myers_woods_turns_no_more_skeleto/?local_news
    Last edited by chicoliving; 03-29-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: to comply with copyright rules;post a paragraph only and include the link

I thought of you immediately when I saw this story. Will keep my eyes open for any further information.

Hi
    Thankyou so much.Do you have links to a map that shows the street areas mentioned in the articles.

suzanne

i heard through the grapevine that they are from a funeral home, or crematorium. Might be just rumour.

Hi
    I heard that too.I don't think they are from the funeral home.

suzanne

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast