FL FL - 'Fort Myers 8' (1 now UID) WhtMales Buried in Woods, Mar'07

audrey77

CJ Analyst
Reaction score
Remains of 8 people found in Fort Myers woods

FORT MYERS - Skeletal remains of eight people were found in a wooded area, where investigators believe they had been for several years, police said.

The remains, which had no skin or clothing, were found Friday in an unlit wooded area about 25 feet from an unpaved section of an east Fort Myers road, Fort Myers police Lt. Brian Phillips said.

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of November 3, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! The investigators think the bodies had been there for years. That is crazy. I'm looking forward to hearing more about what they discover.

Oh my word Moggie this is the kind that we won't hear any more about. So many questions you would think the reporter could have added clothed, in graves maybe serial... Thanks for the link mom3dd

Just because of the proxmity I would venture to guess it was illegal aliens.Either not useful to the cause or a sick individual was systemically removing them. Too many in one spot not to be planned out.JMO

Oh my gosh! What a horrible story that Canahan is! Any so many. It boggles the mind!

I thought of you immediately when I saw this story. Will keep my eyes open for any further information.

Hi
Thankyou so much.Do you have links to a map that shows the street areas mentioned in the articles.

suzanne

i heard through the grapevine that they are from a funeral home, or crematorium. Might be just rumour.

Hi
I heard that too.I don't think they are from the funeral home.

suzanne

i heard through the grapevine that they are from a funeral home, or crematorium. Might be just rumour.

The articles I read mentioned the possibility that they were from a funeral home.

I think it's entirely possible. However, there are so many people missing and so many sickos out there - could be a dump site for a serial killer.

Hi
I agree with you.I thought the same thing.The Green River killer clumped his victims together in different places.Leonard Lake (serial killer in California in 1984)had his victims buried on his property.Bobby Joe Long was a serial killer in 1984 in Tampa,Florida.I'm curious when the victims died and were they buried.

suzanne

I know you can use google maps to get a good overhead image. Here's screen capture of the area from another map site. <modsnip: broken image>

Since this hasn't been classified as a crime or missing persons, I am posting it in here until then:

(AP)Detectives are weighing several theories after the discovery of eight human skeletons in a remote wooded area. The remains might have been abandoned by a shady crematorium or come from an old cemetery. But authorities are most concerned about a possible serial killer.

The investigation into the bones has taken on the look of a "CSI"-style television mystery. A forensic anthropologist is studying the remains and reconstructing them like puzzle pieces. A botanist and an entomologist will examine plants and insects at the site to determine how long the skeletons have been there.

"If it was a body dump by a funeral home, they probably would have dumped them all in one place, and these are not on top of each other. They're spread around," said Karen Cooper, supervisor of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Fort Myers crime lab. "I think we're more likely dealing with a serial killer or something of that nature."

The skeletons were found down a dirt road in a brush-covered area just a few miles from downtown Fort Myers. The first was found March 23 by a surveyor checking the industrial site for potential development. Seven others were soon discovered in a 200-yard radius.

No clothing or personal items were found, and no flesh remained on the bones, which were believed to be from adults.

It would not surprise me if the last of Conahan's victims have already been found. And yes - he left bodies scattered left and right in the woods.....still spooks me to this day to even drive by any of the areas. Fortunately - we had the Very Best on his tracks and no longer have to deal with that Freak.

I wonder if they could have been killed in Hurricane Charlie that destroyed punta Gorda in 2004 which is only 25 miles away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back