729 users online (87 members and 642 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182

    Lights off for Earth hour

    Lights off for Earth Hour

    This Saturday, 31 March, 2007 launches Earth Hour. At 7.30pm thousands of businesses and households in Sydney will be switching off their lights for an hour to show they support a reduction in global warming.

    http://today.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=257654

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,413
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat View Post
    Lights off for Earth Hour

    This Saturday, 31 March, 2007 launches Earth Hour. At 7.30pm thousands of businesses and households in Sydney will be switching off their lights for an hour to show they support a reduction in global warming.

    http://today.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=257654
    Good Idea my lights will be off, just hope I dont come home drunk, and any way the lights in my head went off a long time ago. Seriously it would be good if we all did it to show our support.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Altered State of TropiCalifornia
    Posts
    2,076
    This is a cool idea. Wonder if I could get one going around here. We have to shut off the air conditioners and major appliances between noon and 7. I heard something on TV about PG&E shutting off our air conditioners, but I didn't get to hear the whole report. I'll have to look for it in the morning. It's really late here.

    Good night all!
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA






  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    I will make sure that all our lights are off tomorrow night.
    Sadly that makes me a hypocrite as my husband is a coal miner..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Not there
    Posts
    58
    LOL Dingo!

    I just hope any boats under the Harbour Bridge leave their navigation lights on

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezlyn View Post
    LOL Dingo!

    I just hope any boats under the Harbour Bridge leave their navigation lights on


    That was so awful, I am so sad for the young girls parents.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    I just hope they can find her...so she can be laid to rest.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Not there
    Posts
    58
    Does anybody know what the currents are like in the Harbour? I'm from Melbourne so I don't know. Because I fear that if they haven't found her by now, she may be out to sea.
    Last edited by Kezlyn; 03-30-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: spelling

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    Sad but true........its a busy harbour....if she was there you think she would have been spotted by now
    Last edited by dingo; 03-31-2007 at 01:48 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,413
    Dont forget 7.30pm tonight for all you aussies its lights out, at least its a start to saving our environment, so if it is possible to do please lights out.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,003
    I will tell you folks what I've made known to the people of my community (yes I'm in Aussie too!)

    If you are going to turn your lights off........

    !!LOCK UP AND STAY SAFE!!

    An hour is an incredibly long time and because this is planned, there will be people out there relishing the thought.

    Sami

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    6,082

    narlacat?

    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat View Post


    That was so awful, I am so sad for the young girls parents.
    What is that about? Is there a link somewhere that I can go to in order to read about it?

    Thanks,

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Samiya View Post
    I will tell you folks what I've made known to the people of my community (yes I'm in Aussie too!)

    If you are going to turn your lights off........

    !!LOCK UP AND STAY SAFE!!

    An hour is an incredibly long time and because this is planned, there will be people out there relishing the thought.

    Sami
    Good advice Sami...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovin View Post
    What is that about? Is there a link somewhere that I can go to in order to read about it?

    Thanks,
    Here you go Jovin... very sad.

    http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...761571671.html

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovin View Post
    What is that about? Is there a link somewhere that I can go to in order to read about it?

    Thanks,
    Hi Jovin, sorry here's some links, Shelley left you one too


    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/...761756837.html

    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...761733854.html

    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...761669478.html

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Lights out.

    Sydney is the first city in the world to turn off lights- over 2000 businesses joined in!
    Hopefully, it will inspire other cities to do the same.

    I've got one light on as I type...and my computers on lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Were the lights on in the basement?
    By Chrishope in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 10:23 AM
  2. The Lights are OUT!
    By Liz in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 10:28 AM