Lights off for Earth hour

Lights off for Earth Hour

This Saturday, 31 March, 2007 launches Earth Hour. At 7.30pm thousands of businesses and households in Sydney will be switching off their lights for an hour to show they support a reduction in global warming.

http://today.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=257654
Good Idea my lights will be off, just hope I dont come home drunk, and any way the lights in my head went off a long time ago. Seriously it would be good if we all did it to show our support.:clap:

This is a cool idea. Wonder if I could get one going around here. We have to shut off the air conditioners and major appliances between noon and 7. I heard something on TV about PG&E shutting off our air conditioners, but I didn't get to hear the whole report. I'll have to look for it in the morning. It's really late here.

Good night all!

I will make sure that all our lights are off tomorrow night.
Sadly that makes me a hypocrite as my husband is a coal miner..

LOL Dingo!

I just hope any boats under the Harbour Bridge leave their navigation lights on :(

I just hope they can find her...so she can be laid to rest.

Does anybody know what the currents are like in the Harbour? I'm from Melbourne so I don't know. Because I fear that if they haven't found her by now, she may be out to sea.

Sad but true........its a busy harbour....if she was there you think she would have been spotted by now:(

Dont forget 7.30pm tonight for all you aussies its lights out, at least its a start to saving our environment, so if it is possible to do please lights out.:)

I will tell you folks what I've made known to the people of my community (yes I'm in Aussie too!)

If you are going to turn your lights off........

!!LOCK UP AND STAY SAFE!!

An hour is an incredibly long time and because this is planned, there will be people out there relishing the thought.

Sami

I will tell you folks what I've made known to the people of my community (yes I'm in Aussie too!)

If you are going to turn your lights off........

!!LOCK UP AND STAY SAFE!!

An hour is an incredibly long time and because this is planned, there will be people out there relishing the thought.

Sami

Good advice Sami... :blowkiss:

What is that about? Is there a link somewhere that I can go to in order to read about it?

Thanks,

Here you go Jovin... very sad. :(

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National...r-ferry-tragedy/2007/03/28/1174761571671.html

Lights out.

Sydney is the first city in the world to turn off lights- over 2000 businesses joined in!
Hopefully, it will inspire other cities to do the same.

I've got one light on as I type...and my computers on lol

Good girls Narla and Dingo, My lights were out as I had to go and pick hubby from the pub, so I wasnt even here, so pat yourselves on the back girls a job well done.:woohoo:

I'm in Melbourne and didn't partake, but I did go to my parents' for dinner, so my house was in darkness anyway :)

I've just watched a report on our 24 hour news channel (Sky News) and had to laugh at the newsreader sitting in near total darkness. At first I thought she'd dyed her hair darker, but then realised she was only just lit, as if by candlelight. All the reporters and producers sitting behind her were in total darkness!

Well done to all that took part. I hope that Melbourne decides to do this sometime soon.

Hi Jovin, sorry here's some links, Shelley left you one too

Thanks to both you and Shelley.....ASK AND YOU SHALL RECIEVE! I'm going to read now. I appreciate all the links very much.

43o8g9g.gif
44u0rkp.gif

Thanks to both you and Shelley.....ASK AND YOU SHALL RECIEVE! I'm going to read now. I appreciate all the links very much.

43o8g9g.gif
44u0rkp.gif

Ooohh if I ask for a million dollars will I receive it this week in the Lotto :confused: :crazy:

No worries Jovin, sorry to have left people out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back