In Fashion World, 30 year olds are "elderly"

kidzndogznme

A closed mouth gathers no foot
Reaction score
This article is amusing and insulting at the same time. It is about the minidress that is so in style right now. Apparently if a woman is under 20, it's all good but once you hit 30, nobody wants to look at your ancient bum. I know a lot of people believe in not dressing "too young" (I don't subscribe to that thought except in extreme cases....such as I would not think my 80 year old grandmother should wear tight black leather pants) but this dude goes so far as to talk about flat shoes vs heels so an "old" person doesn't look trampy. HAHAHAHA :razz:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,262530,00.html

I'd like to ram my 4 inch stilletos up his butt.:loser:

LOL

Whats he on, my butt looked great when I was 30 :p

<<But, warned Stafford, fashionistas should tread gingerly on the trend, especially if they're elderly — like in their 30s.>>

Since when has 30 been elderly :confused:

I didn't know the mini skirts ever went out of fashion... :D I don't agree with a lot of so called "fashion experts"... If a woman looks good, at any age, then that woman can get away with wearing almost anything IMO... I've seen older woman look better in a mini skirt than a 20 year old.. I still wear short skirts and I'm an old woman.. hehe :D I still wear young style jeans and clothes, for that matter, and did I mention I'm an old woman.. :D I still wear high stilleto heels, platforms, flats and boots and I'm an old woman? hehe I also wear my hair in a young style, too.. so take :razz: :razz: that you so called fashion experts.

LOL

Whats he on, my butt looked great when I was 30 :p

<<But, warned Stafford, fashionistas should tread gingerly on the trend, especially if they're elderly — like in their 30s.>>

Since when has 30 been elderly :confused:

LOL....When I was 35, my younger brother's female friend (not a GF) said to me "Wow, I hope my *advertiser censored* looks that good when I'm 35!" As if 35 was some ancient age. I looked at her lined from smoking face and skanky teeth and said "I thought you were at least 35 already!" :razz:

Plus, So many 18-21 year old's have LOADS of money for designer clothing (NOT).

A smart fashion designer would target women of a slightly higher income bracket...which usually means those elderly 30 somethings.

With some of the young girls sporting so much blubber these days - the product of everyone eating fast food and sitting in front of the computer - I say my ancient a$$ ain't lookin' too bad at 38. I dress appropriately for my size and my age and that's the trick.

Honestly, I see more obesity among hs and middle school girls now than we had in school back in the 80's. It really is becoming a problem. It's sad cause we all know weight loss doesn't get easier as you age.

Sorry, I'd like to reply, but my 36 year old eyes couldn't read that tiny print in the article.

:loser:

Seriously though, I wouldn't wear a minidress, but that's because I have a ginormous a$$. I wouldn't mind another elderly person like myself wearing one, though, if it looked good on them :)

I hate to tell you this, but those comments in the article were made by a woman. The name is Jacqui Stafford.

i looked great until i was 49!! even at 56 i do not consider myself "elderly". older, sure, but in today's society "elderly" is a state of mind!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back