GUILTY TX - Devin LaSalle, 32, shot dead over false rape claim, Arlington, 11 Dec 2006

Buzz Mills

Reaction score
Website
forumsforjustice.com
Wife Charged After Husband Shoots Lover

FORT WORTH, Texas (March 30) - Darrell Roberson came home from a card game late one night to find his wife rolling around with another man in a pickup truck in the driveway.

Caught in the act with her lover, Tracy Denise Roberson - thinking quickly, if not clearly - cried RAPE, authorities say. Her husband pulled a gun and killed the other man with a shot to the head.

On Thursday, a grand jury handed up a manslaughter indictment - against the wife, not the husband.

In a case likely to reinforce the state's reputation for don't-mess-with-Texas justice, the grand jury declined to charge the husband with murder, the charge on which he was arrested by police.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/article...r/20070330232509990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Wow. So no one was charged with murder? Is there a law that says a husband has the right to protect his wife? Not being a smart azz just wondering if there really is. I can understand the husband believing his wife. Probably thought she had been abducted and then raped. They should have charged her with murder as she is the reason the guy is dead. So there was no justice for the guy that was murdered. I guess the moral of this story is "not only aids can kill you but so can screwing around with a married woman."

I think that was the right thing to do and I agree with the grand jury decision. From the story:

Texas law allows a defendant to claim justification if he has "a reasonable belief that his actions are necessary, even though what they believe at the time turns out not to be true."

I remember when this happened. That is a tough call. If he really thought his wife was being raped and was trying to protect her, I'd say he doesn't deserve to be charged. The article says, though, that he fired the shots into the truck as the victim drove away. To me that isn't really going along with the 'protecting the wife' theory.

FORT WORTH, Texas — An Arlington woman who caused her lover's shooting death by falsely crying rape was found guilty Friday of involuntary manslaughter.
Tracy Denise Roberson, 37, cried slightly when the verdict was announced after jurors had deliberated for more than a day. The punishment phase was set for Monday, and she faces two to 20 years in prison.
In late 2006, Darrell Roberson came home from a late-night card game to find his scantily clad wife with another man in a pickup truck in the driveway. Tracy Roberson was with her lover but cried rape, and her husband fired four shots into the truck as Devin LaSalle was driving off, killing him.
Darrell Roberson initially was arrested, but the murder charge later was dropped and a grand jury indicted Tracy Roberson instead.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354049,00.html

I absolutely despise women like this. Imnsho, they're the reason so many real rapists are never even charged.

Will the husband be charged as well? I understand the woman is responsible for the lies that caused the husband to kill this man but she did not put the gun in his hands (or did she?) or pull the trigger. Firing the gun was a decision he made and he should also be held accountable for his actions. IMO

According to the article, charges against the husband were dropped.

Will the husband be charged as well? I understand the woman is responsible for the lies that caused the husband to kill this man but she did not put the gun in his hands (or did she?) or pull the trigger. Firing the gun was a decision he made and he should also be held accountable for his actions. IMO

From what I understand the husband found them having sex and then she screamed that she was being raped. The husband just thought he was protecting his wife from the man that just raped her.

I'm sure she panicked when she saw the gun in her husband's hand and that is probably why she cried rape. She should be accountable for her lover's death. I'm not sure about the husband, though. The guy was driving off and the wife was already out of the car, no longer in immediate "danger". Crime of passion? Yeah.....

I'm glad they released the hubby. He saw his wife, she cried rape. In his mind, he was defending her against a rapist. If LaSalle had been raping her (he wasn't) but if he had been, then hubby would have been totally justified in the shooting because he was defending another in a dangerous situation.

The wife? Yes, I am glad they convicted her. She didn't shoot it is true. But she set up the assignation, she gave hubby the idea that she was in danger. Sure, maybe she didn't intend for hubby to shoot, but somehow I wonder if she wasn't aware that hubby had a gun. I didn't mean to is not a defense.

From May 2008:

http://archive.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=108705

After deliberating for nearly two days a jury has found a Tarrant County, Texas woman guilty of involuntary manslaughter in her lover's death.

Prosecutors claimed Tracy Roberson, 37, falsely cried rape to cover up an extramarital affair, resulting in the shooting of her lover... On Monday, Roberson was sentenced to five years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back