GUILTY TX - Jerry Glaspie, 28, found murdered, Houston, 29 Jan 2007

TGIRecovered

Reaction score
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4676885.html
A judge set bail at $50,000 Friday for a man who was arrested after police found a decomposing body, bound hand and foot, in the trunk of a car at the man's residence...
...He is charged with tampering with evidence...
...She( his attorney) said she expected Weinstein, 42, to post bail and return to his home in the 1300 block of Rosalie, in Midtown.
The dead man still had not been identified as of Friday and the cause of death had not been determined, a spokesperson for the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Police brought a cadaver dog to Weinstein's residence and found the body March 24 after neighbors complained repeatedly about a foul odor coming from the garage.

Yeah, this is a guy I want out on the street with the rest of us! No chance he's gonna run of re-offend, after all, it's just a DEAD ROTTEN UNIDENTIFIED BODY in the the trunk! What is up with stupid judges?

Susan

Some judges need to be ousted as they evidently aren't all there mentally and perhaps a few laws need to be rewritten.

Are you kidding me???????

This is exactly what I mean. Judges need to be held accountable for this BS.

The family of a 28-year-old Danbury High School graduate is hoping murder charges will be filed against a Houston man suspected of tampering with evidence surrounding the death of their relative at the suspect’s residence.

Steven Mark Weinstein, 42, was arrested March 24 in connection with a body found in the trunk of a vehicle inside Weinstein’s garage in the 1300 block of Rosalie in Houston, according to a Houston Police Department statement...

http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=10478929a62934fb

Wonder how Weinstein justified having a body at his house in the first place?

I wonder if he claims not to know it was there.

stupid judges.

i spent the night in the pokey friday, for a warrant for unpaid traffic tickets. my bad. when the morning came and it was time to talk to the judge, the guy in front of me was a two time convicted felon, charged with assault on a conv. store clerk and carrying a concealed weapon ,which we know felons aren't supposed to be around weapons. he got released of his own recognizance after that, and i had to post 500.00 bail, having never been arrested or had warrants before.

stupid judges is right. go ahead and release the two timer who should be getting the habitual criminal, and charge the guy who is too broke to pay traffic tickets. nice.

america is the land of the FEE as far as im concerned now.

~lightwaveryder~

Been there done that lightwave!

One thing I have to say is I haven't had an upaid speeding ticket ever since! I shared a cell (ewww!) with a drugged-out shoplifter for about 8 hours before my brother bailed me out and I never EVER want to do that again! I was sooo embarassed!

How could a person not know that there was a dead body in a car in your garage? If the neighbors could smell the stench the guy who lived there would have had to smell it even more. How does LE know that he isn't the killer and that the car wasn't his even if isn't in his name...don't know whose name the title is in though. This is pretty bizarre. If that had been me they would have hauled me away never to be seen again :mad:

How could a person not know that there was a dead body in a car in your garage? If the neighbors could smell the stench the guy who lived there would have had to smell it even more. How does LE know that he isn't the killer and that the car wasn't his even if isn't in his name...don't know whose name the title is in though. This is pretty bizarre. If that had been me they would have hauled me away never to be seen again :mad:

I'm sure he did know. I'm just saying he might be claiming not to know anything about it.

More details in this article:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4658988.html

Katy Lindsay started calling and faxing police more than a week ago.

"They finally sent out a cadaver dog late Friday night. I had to keep calling, begging them to do something. We even filed a missing-persons report. They thought I was crazy. Why can't they send out a cadaver dog whenever this many people have reported the smell of death? It was incredibly strong, everybody was talking about it. You couldn't miss it," she said.

"(Weinstein) wasn't driving his car and started driving a new brick-red Nissan Frontier pickup truck several weeks ago. I told them I thought that the body was in the trunk of his car. Plus, no one had seen the roommate around for weeks," Lindsay said.

Mail carrier Nedra Siverand refused to deliver mail to the complex mailbox across from the residence two weeks ago, saying that the smell made her sick to her stomach.

"I knew something was dead. I just knew it. I even told my supervisor," Siverand said.

The resident of the townhome where the body was found sent an e-mail message to neighbors and left a note for Siverand, saying that "food surprises" throughout the house left by a former roommate were causing the odor.

~still much more at link~

What is amazing is LE's reluctance to investigate earlier. That many people reporting could not have been wrong. Shaking my head!!!

$50,000 dollars bail sounds like a small sum for a murderer.. unbelievable.
It shouldn't have took long to investigate if the family wanted a welfare check done on their relative.

It sounds like LE and the judicial system is/has messed this up from the very beginning. First LE won't even go check out that house when the neighbors and postal carrier have contacted them and basically told them there is someone dead in that garage. Then a week later LE finally get around to dropping by and they find the body. They take the home owner in and then let him make bail...what is up with that? Sounds like everyone involved is imcompetent for pity sake.

Did LE find out if that was the roommate in the trunk of the car? If he hadn't been seen for weeks that would be my first guess.

This guy is really stupid. Instead of getting rid of the body he just puts it in the trunk of his car and puts the car in the garage and gets himself a new vehicle :banghead: That note that he sent around to the neighbors in really pitiful. Like they are going to believe that :liar:

I wonder if there has been anything else in the paper about this case? They must know who the person in the trunk is by now. Was it a homocide? I gather it was beings the guy was trying to hide him. Why is that guy out on bail if it was a murder? I wonder if this is a small town police force that haven't a clue about investigating a murder and they just want to hide it under the table and forget about it?

From December 2008:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...-30-years-for-drug-related-murder-1658979.php

A Houston man convicted of murdering a man whose decomposed body was found in the trunk of a car was sentenced on Tuesday to 30 years in prison.

Steven Mark Weinstein, 43, was convicted in the death of Jerry Glaspie, 28... Glaspie was strangled after a $14,000 drug deal went bad...

Glaspie had been missing since Jan. 29, 2007. His body was discovered March 24, 2007, after residents complained of a foul odor... Glaspie was handcuffed — his hands and feet also were tied and his mouth had been taped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back