1210 users online (195 members and 1015 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Very interesting possibilities as to what happened, for sure.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by bv55 View Post
    Not sure whether it was on the history channel or elsewhere but I saw a couple of Japanese newspaper articles from shortly Earhart went missing apparently translated to say they (the Japanese) have captured her, I can't read Japanese but if they are authentic articles they'd be difficult to refute and it must of been hushed up soon after.
    That is interesting. I'd like to see that if you can find it again. If thats true, its difficult to know what to make of it. Like LittleGreenlady said they could have just claimed that even if it wasn't true. Or it could be legit and it got released and reported before the Japanese authorities hushed it up. If nothing else, in the last week or so I sure have learned a lot about this version of Amelia's disappearance that i didn't know about before. I never paid much attention to the theory that they ended up in Japanese hands. But now I am finding that its entirely possible and there were lots of rumors and circumstantial evidence of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bv55 View Post
    I just saw a photo of that so called 1935 book, it appears to be a loose leaf portfolio of pictures tied together with string, it appears any photos could of been added to the "book" after 1935 seeing none of the photos are dated.
    THAT is interesting. I think there's something fishy going on and what you just said could be meaningful. (Hi--I've been interested in this for decades but never knew much research was going on except that I did read about finding the Cat's Paw size 9 woman's shoe on the island.)

Anyway, I was reading and the Japanese eyewitness who treated the white man with the head injury and bruised knee and saw the white women, said it was on Jaluit Atoll that he treated them. Said that they had been picked up by a Japanese fishing boat and then taken aboard a Japanese ship and brought to Jaluit Atoll.

The pre-WWII photograph features a throng of people on a dock in Jaluit Atoll
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...scredited-spd/

The National Geographic article shows the photograph and talks about the History Channel program. It also states that the history channel's facial recognition expert's new software has identified the man as Noonan, whereas at the time of the documentary, he didn't know for sure. But also, National Geographic doesn't believe this theory and is funding the Nikumaroro expeditions so if you read their article, be aware of their bias against the Saipan theory.

i remember, back in the day, when NG was very well informed unbiased channel, magazine organization. now, it seems every mag, tv channels has a bias. thats why i dont watch them very often. the picture is interesting and i dont have hostory channel so i have to look it up to watch but if they are funding you know who expedition, how one can take them seriously?
    Find Haleigh, Maddie, Diana,
    Find Lindsey, Pearll, Kyron

Today's forecast; severe attitude warnings possible throughout the day, scattered sarcasm showers, and a strong chance of annoyance later in the day...

Well butter my biscuit and call me darling , I'm just a hot mess !!! I'm not worried thou because I come from a strong line of lunatic's..

https://www.archives.gov/news/topics/earhart

Apparently our government has known all along. The records aren't even marked "confidential" anymore. There's plenty of evidence that they landed on Mila Atoll and were picked up by fishermen and then by a Japanese ship and taken to Jaluit where they were held prisoner. This was not some little deserted atoll! If all the war supplies were there and so much building was taking place, and it was top secret, then no wonder they were captured and accused of being spies. Maybe they really were spies. I think her husband thought so and her mother even said that there were certain things that Amelia couldn't talk about.

Her husband urged the US Navy to search not where they were searching but in the Howland Islands. How did he know that's where she would have been found? And, of course, the Navy didn't go there and search.

I have no idea why National Geographic or any other group is still "searching" for her. What's the point in pretending at this date in time?

Quote Originally Posted by write View Post
    THAT is interesting. I think there's something fishy going on and what you just said could be meaningful. (Hi--I've been interested in this for decades but never knew much research was going on except that I did read about finding the Cat's Paw size 9 woman's shoe on the island.)

Anyway, I was reading and the Japanese eyewitness who treated the white man with the head injury and bruised knee and saw the white women, said it was on Jaluit Atoll that he treated them. Said that they had been picked up by a Japanese fishing boat and then taken aboard a Japanese ship and brought to Jaluit Atoll.

The pre-WWII photograph features a throng of people on a dock in Jaluit Atoll
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...scredited-spd/

The National Geographic article shows the photograph and talks about the History Channel program. It also states that the history channel's facial recognition expert's new software has identified the man as Noonan, whereas at the time of the documentary, he didn't know for sure. But also, National Geographic doesn't believe this theory and is funding the Nikumaroro expeditions so if you read their article, be aware of their bias against the Saipan theory.
    The only thing that I saw on the program was an overlay. I have seen that in another case, where it turned out be proven wrong; that one involved two clear photographs.

The photo analyst did not disclose any additional information.

What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?

http://www.earhartonsaipan.com/

This link is to a really good article with film of many eyewitnesses or relatives of eyewitnesses. Also a picture of the "book" that the History Channel says shows the picture of Noonan and Earhart. You can turn the pages in the book and enlarge them. The book is really a loose leaf portfolio of pictures so pictures could have been added at any time, not necessarily in 1935 as the debunkers claim.

That is an interesting observation Write about the NatGeo being biased because they are funding the Nikumororo search. That is a big problem I am noticing in these searches and theories. Certainly Ric Gillespie is biased. I think he has a good theory and is searching and researching well, but his attitude is that he is right and everyone else is soooo wrong that no one should even consider anything else. You could see bias a little on the part of the guys leading the search in the Marshalls featured in the History Channel show. "I don't think they were here, I KNOW they were here" sort of thing. That is ok for individuals, but if you are leading a professed scientific search, you need to remain unbiased and just focus on the evidence. Its especially shameful if NatGeo is going down that path. The public will lose confidence in you if its clear you are not remaining open minded and unbiased. Researchers focus shouldn't be on their own ego, it ought to be on "what happened to Amelia." Whatever happened, happened. No matter how much you WANT a theory to be true, you can't change what actually happened. In fact, if a person sticks to what their heart tells them instead of what the evidence is showing, that person if much LESS likely to be the one who actually finds her.

Quote Originally Posted by write View Post
    http://www.earhartonsaipan.com/

This link is to a really good article with film of many eyewitnesses or relatives of eyewitnesses. Also a picture of the "book" that the History Channel says shows the picture of Noonan and Earhart. You can turn the pages in the book and enlarge them. The book is really a loose leaf portfolio of pictures so pictures could have been added at any time, not necessarily in 1935 as the debunkers claim.
    Great link, thank you. It has even more information than the recent documentary.
    All statements are my opinion only.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12