1084 users online (213 members and 871 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 174
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Of This World
    Posts
    21,642
    Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    I personally think it's her. I've read all I could get my hands on over the years, and I believe the person whose father (I think it was?) was listening to the radio that night and said he heard her. That she had crashlanded or something like that near that island. He relayed the info to LE at the time but nothing ever came of it.

    I'll search for the story...

    ETA: I found it - but it wasn't the person's father, it was a girl who had heard it and told her father.

    http://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/A.../notebook.html
    I'm pretty disappointed at the lack of results, as I also am convinced it is her. Rescuers received SOS signals from that island and did a flyover, but said no humans where there, despite seeing what looked like a clearing. No boats were ever sent to investigate for some reason. But based on the combined anecdotal evidence, I think it very clearly is her. A skeleton was even discovered there years ago, but disappeared, as well. Very strange.


    Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

    Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

    10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

    Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

    Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    829
    Dark Knight, and Belimom - I too think it is her. I know this will sound suspicious to the point of possible paranoia - but - maybe something/someone/some organization is making sure the tests are inconclusive. What the motive would be for that I don't know - but the skeleton disappearing is really strange to me too. I would love to have a conclusive answer to this. Thanks to both of you for your input.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateyes View Post
    Dark Knight, and Belimom - I too think it is her. I know this will sound suspicious to the point of possible paranoia - but - maybe something/someone/some organization is making sure the tests are inconclusive. What the motive would be for that I don't know - but the skeleton disappearing is really strange to me too. I would love to have a conclusive answer to this. Thanks to both of you for your input.
    What could anyone have done to Earhart that would compare to the atrocities committed in the Pacific over the decade that followed?

  4. #64
    belimom's Avatar
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    What could anyone have done to Earhart that would compare to the atrocities committed in the Pacific over the decade that followed?
    Nova, I'm obviously not Kateyes but I don't think anyone here is comparing what happened to Earhart to anything else. I think we're just looking at her mystery in and of itself and trying to figure out what happened.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

    My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Heart of America
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    What could anyone have done to Earhart that would compare to the atrocities committed in the Pacific over the decade that followed?
    I think what may be operative here is relunctance to admit she was killed by the Japanese. Ever since 1945 we have kissed up to them in the hope that they will remain on our side and oppose the Chinese. The whole thing is way dysfunctional and someone just needs to declassify what is known.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

    Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Nova, I'm obviously not Kateyes but I don't think anyone here is comparing what happened to Earhart to anything else. I think we're just looking at her mystery in and of itself and trying to figure out what happened.
    Sorry, my post wasn't clear. I knew Kateyes wasn't comparing the death of two people with, say, the atom bomb.

    I just meant that given everything that both the Japanese and we did over the years that followed (including the slaughter of civilians by the hundreds of thousands), why bother denying it if the Japanese executed Earhart as a spy?

    But I suppose I can answer by own question, having spent some time studying Japanese culture. It is very concerned with "honor" and "shame"--admitting they did something to Earhart might be viewed as dishonorable. If some bureaucrats somewhere have the records, they might instinctively conceal them out of regard for national honor.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    I think what may be operative here is relunctance to admit she was killed by the Japanese. Ever since 1945 we have kissed up to them in the hope that they will remain on our side and oppose the Chinese. The whole thing is way dysfunctional and someone just needs to declassify what is known.
    Since 1947 anyway. China was our ally until then.

    Personally, I think we gain lots of trade and cultural benefits from our alliance with Japan. Yes, theirs is a very different culture and accommodations are made on both sides.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    829
    All I can say is thanks to all for the insights about Japan, their possible role in Amelia's disappearance, and the rationale for why such info, if it does exist, would be kept under wraps. What a great bunch of sleuthing minds!
    Last edited by Kateyes; 03-10-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: corrected spelling of Amelia

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateyes View Post
    All I can say is thanks to all for the insights about Japan, their possible role in Amelia's disappearance, and the rationale for why such info, if it does exist, would be kept under wraps. What a great bunch of sleuthing minds!
    I should be clear that I was not only speculating, but speaking in very broad terms. I don't have much specific information about what happened in 1937.

    Yes, there were tensions in the Pacific, but the U.S. and Japan were not at war then and wouldn't be for 4 more years. It's easy to look at that year through the lens of what happened later.

    From 1941 through 1945, millions of people--mostly men, but some thousands of women, too--moved back and forth across the islands of the Pacific. Hundreds of thousands were lost at sea in ships, planes and boats. What are the odds that any one skeleton will be that of Earhart (even if its location seems to conform to where she was lost)?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New england
    Posts
    3,748
    saw the movie on hbo last night this case has always fascinated me. in the endings of the move it shows her calling out to the itasca something was wrong with her radio and so was the itasca. the itasca also had problems with something else that would have aided them in searching for her but the thing was left on all night and was dead.


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New england
    Posts
    3,748
    http://tighar.org
    "The Earhart Project is testing the hypothesis that Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan landed, and eventually died, on Gardner Island, now Nikumaroro in the Republic of Kiribati. Now in its 23rd year, a major underwater search is planned for July 2012, the 75th anniversary of the flight."

  12. #72
    belimom's Avatar
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,562
    Don't we have two threads on this... ? Let me find the other one.

    ETA: Here it is - I've asked the mods to merge the other one into this one...

    Okla. tests inconclusive in Amelia Earhart search - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 08:24 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

    My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

  13. #73
    belimom's Avatar
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,562
    I just noticed another thread on Amelia Earhart:

    Amelia Earhart, 39, 1937 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 06-15-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

    My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New england
    Posts
    3,748
    there was a book written by a man who claimed a nj women was in fact amelia and lived under another name until her death he did lots of research on the suposed women who was amelia. Amelia Earhart Lives was the book and it was taken off the shelves soon after it went to print saying the book was based on lies and such you can still get the book on amazon.com

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by smile22 View Post
    there was a book written by a man who claimed a nj women was in fact amelia and lived under another name until her death he did lots of research on the suposed women who was amelia. Amelia Earhart Lives was the book and it was taken off the shelves soon after it went to print saying the book was based on lies and such you can still get the book on amazon.com
    IIRC, that woman hated that guy. She was hounded by the media and she wasn't Amelia Earhart. She had a provable history going back to birth.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NY NY - Alice Parsons: Heiress, Long Island, 1937
    By Marilynilpa in forum Pre-1960's Missing
    Replies: 583
    Last Post: 10-05-2017, 12:50 PM
  2. GUILTY SC - Rodricus Williams, 2, Charleston, 6 July 2010
    By CharlestonGal in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 08:02 PM

Tags for this Thread