5th Graders Allegedly Had Sex In Classroom

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
SPEARSVILLE, La. -- A teacher at Spearsville High School in Louisiana said two fifth-graders had sex on a classroom floor while two others fondled each other in the classroom.

Union Parish Superintendent Judy Mabry would say only that the allegations are being investigated. Principal Frank Futch said the incident was not indicative of how the school is run.

http://www.wftv.com/news/11469840/detail.html

Good lord!!:eek:

A) why were these students left unsupervised for 30 minutes. I know about the meeting or whatever, but someone needs to stay behind to monitor the students.

B) what the hell is wrong with our kids these days?

When I was in 5th grade, I had no idea how to have sex let alone WANTING to have sex.

These stories are very serious IMO.

This is disgusting. Fifth graders are old enough to be trusted to be alone for a short time. Most kids now days are latch key kids and quite trustworthy and independent. Any kids involved in this need to have their home environment investigated to find out why they would behave in school in such a manor.

I just asked my 5th grade daughter if her teacher ever leaves the room for a long time. She said that it's rarely only for a few minutes to get copies made. I asked what's the worst thing that goes one when her teacher is gone and she said that they all talk too loud.

I don't believe for one minute that this behavior is of the norm for 5th graders. I agree w/ BB, I question the home environment that these children are in.

The kids' home environment must not have been to lax or they wouldn't have resorted to this behavior in the school room. I hope the girl wasn't actually raped and is afraid to tell.

Hate to tell you but this is not new and it is not shocking.

I was a sub in a middle school in 1989 and they caught 2 middle schoolers having sex in the bathroom. I was completely shocked but no one else was. They were suspended for three days and their parents called.

A friend works in a middle school in the City of Atlanta district and says that many of her students are having sex. She says usually 2-5 per year drop out to have a baby.

For those of you who have junior high or in other countries, middle school is 6th-8th grade, about 11-14 years old.

One of my former students had a mother who was several years younger than I. She was 11 when he was born. This has been going on for years. There were kids in my elementary school having sex. (Mostly 4-5 graders who had been held back a year or two.) Students must be supervised at ALL times;however, even my principal disagrees with that. She thinks "our" kids are all good kids. Uh huh. Kids will do whatever they can get away with unless they are extremely well-trained and/or well-parented.

This story really did shock me because it allegedly takes place in a classroom. I am not saying that the kids in the city around here don't have sex at age 13 (I had a student xfer from Queens to long island and she had a child at 14)
but for this to happen in a school is MORE than shocking.

MG

Not to mention ------

Walker said teachers learned Wednesday about the incident, which allegedly occurred during an assembly Tuesday to talk about a 15-year-old student accused of stabbing another student to death over the weekend.

Something major wrong somewhere.....

I wonder if some of the problem could be that eleven year old 6th grade girls are being mixed in the same school as 8th grade boys who could be up to age 15-16. Not a good combination in my opinion. I just don't believe that the majority of eleven year old girls are out looking to have sex regardless of their training unless a boy who is maybe a little older or knows about everything coaxes them into it.

Believe me, I've heard and seen eight-year-old girls act, talk, and dress as provocatively as Brittney Spears and Christina Aguilara. While I thought for a while that this was just an "act" and that they didn't know what they were putting "out there," I have come to realize that about 30-50% of them know more than I did when I was 17!!!

Gawd, don't tell me this town is named after Britney Spears because she's from Lousiana.

Hate to tell you but this is not new and it is not shocking.
I was a sub in a middle school in 1989 and they caught 2 middle schoolers having sex in the bathroom. I was completely shocked but no one else was. They were suspended for three days and their parents called.

A friend works in a middle school in the City of Atlanta district and says that many of her students are having sex. She says usually 2-5 per year drop out to have a baby.

For those of you who have junior high or in other countries, middle school is 6th-8th grade, about 11-14 years old.

I completely agree. I mean, I certainly never did that when I was 10, but I do remember these two kids (both 10) were definitely uh, "making out" behind the Dairy Queen (Shut up, yes it was in Texas LOL). Now, this was a very small town, where the teen pregnancy rate is like twice what Dallas is percentage wise, so unfortunately, kids did start early. I remember one girl when I was 11 was pregnant...This was also back in 1985.

The only thing I did when I was 10 was make googly eyes at a boy and call him my "boyfriend." Ha! I'm not even sure we really even talked or made eye contact until I was like 14, but by god, he was my "boyfriend."

But I digress. I think there are a lot of issues probably going on here: small town (where it happens more than one thinks), maybe economically depressed family, child abuse within the home...unfortunately there are too many variables. I do remember when I was 11, and the girl in my class was pregnant, my mother honestly talked to me about what was going on and the problems this girl would face for the rest of her life.

Best safe sex lecture I ever had. Honest, detailed, and unfortunately, a rarity. So many people are afraid of even talking to their kids, but the sad truth is that some do start puberty, even at 9, and that 150 years ago, kids were being married off at 12. Luckily, we've outlawed that (mostly), but the hormones are still going strong. We as a society need to make sure that our kids know that "Hey, those hormones you may be experiencing are normal, but you are too young to have a kid/deal with diseases/deal with being an outcast/whatever. Also, sex can be fun, but disease/pregnancy/social humiliation/stinky/whatever." My mother pointed to one teenage girl in town who was the "toast of the town" and was all "Look, you see how she is treated? How men treat her? How much she punishes herself? That can/will happen to you." Seriously, junior high is tough enough.

/off soapbox/

ETA: Typing too fast LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie