1344 users online (345 members and 999 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

this is the kind of judge I'm talking about!

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/me...cest0331a.html

Man gets life for rape, incest with teen daughter

Just days after her 16th birthday, an Atlanta teen's father led her to a cemetery, sat on a tombstone and told her to lie on the ground.

"You know you're old enough to date boys now," he told her. "I'm about to break you in."

The teen cried and begged her father not to, but he pulled out a condom and raped her. He then took her to a nearby convenience store, bought some chips and soda and walked her to a relative's house as if nothing had happened.

<snip>

On Friday, jurors sided with the tearful daughter and convicted the man on incest and rape charges.

<snip>

Then it was the Superior Court Judge Jerry Baxter's turn to speak. "You did this to your daughter twice - once in the graveyard and then again in the courtroom. I have no sympathy for you."

Baxter hammered the defendant, who has prior convictions for drug and weapons charges, with a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole, plus 20 years.

I'm glad the girl was able to see him be punished for what was done, her mother did the right thing and did not turn a blind eye to it like sometimes happens! The judge did right and I applaud him!!

VB

amazing I truly hope it sticks. Maybe other judges will follow his lead

what a POS this guy is. Gotta be drugs and mental ilness combined, IMHO. Kudos to the judge. I wish that more had a zero tolerance policy.

MG

Yes, yes and h*ll yes!!!!
    We need more judges like him!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    Yes, yes and h*ll yes!!!!
    We need more judges like him!!!!!!!
    Amen!

I hope this poor girl will experience the utmost recovery from this.

I hope this poor girl recovers and has a rewarding life.

Good for that judge. He doesn't mess around does he! I can't even imagine an dad doing that to his 16 yr old girl. I'm really surprised that it was the first time when she was 16 yrs. What a birthday present he gave her. Now on every birthday she will be reminded of him and what he did to her. I hope the big cons take care of him in prison.

Hooray, the justice system was on the side of the victim for a change, I have two daughters and it would kill me to know that something like that happened to them. I hope he rots in hell.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Outstanding! I'm so glad to hear this.
    Just thinkin' out loud....