To Make your day - Dad home from Iraq

My husband and I were on base on Friday eating lunch and this was on the news. We both looked at each other and had tears in our eyes--then we laughed at each other. We've been through it so we know what it is like for those kids. When my hubby came back last fall I told my kids we were picking grandma up from the airport. The looks on their faces and their reactions were priceless when they saw their dad. They had everyone in the airport crying! (small two gate airport) It was awesome! :)

2.gif

Awwww! I started crying the minute I saw the little boy jump from his chair! I love it!

Can't see my screen, my eyes are so full of water....Now this a real make my day story. Thanks for sharing.

I love this! I cried at work. Then my girls called me at work to tell me that they had watched it. We all love it. I love the whole thing my fav is when he notices it is his dad and then when he introduces his dad as Bill to his class!

I cried too. And guess what? In 24 days, that will be me. My son is coming in from Iraq for two week R & R. However, he has warned us to not expect to see him to much the first few days as he will be trying to impregnate his wife. Oh Lord!!

I am SO EXCITED.

I cried too. And guess what? In 24 days, that will be me. My son is coming in from Iraq for two week R & R. However, he has warned us to not expect to see him to much the first few days as he will be trying to impregnate his wife. Oh Lord!!

I am SO EXCITED.
:woohoo: :woohoo: Good for him 2XL and for you that he's coming home, for a while at least. Hope he gets mission accomplished!!

I love this. I have seen it several times and I boo-hoo every time. So sweet!

A little girl from our pre-school had her dad come home for a visit a few weeks ago so he could see their newest baby. The local paper did an article about him having to say goodbye again and leave his wife and three girls. It was heartbreaking. I just hope he comes back safe and sound.

2XL...will keep your son in my prayers that he comes home safely and gets the job done.:blushing:

My best friend's husband has done at least one tour everywhere we've been in the last several years. Bosnia, Afghanistan after 9/11, and two tours in Iraq. He came home last May for the birth of their 3rd son, stayed two weeks, and went back to Iraq. He is home now and going through drill sergeant school and then they will be back down here close to home, at Fort Benning. I can't wait.
We're praying he can stay stateside for a long while now, but who knows? My best friend is one of the strongest ladies I know, and I admire her so much.

All of our soldiers and sailors are amazing heroes. This video was so precious and made me bawl. I have a friend in England who asked me had I seen this, she saw it over there!!!

God bless all of our troops, wherever they are serving, and their brave, sacrificing families!!!

My son got home this past Friday, He is at his dads in ILL, then he will go to Kansas where he has a 3 month old son and gf, then when he returns to his dads on the 20th I'll drive to ILL from Florida to see him for a couple days before he goes back to Iraq. My son is 20 and on his 2nd tour over there

WOW! I was crying before I even watched the video....I needed that today! What a beautiful story!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back