1292 users online (186 members and 1106 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    Oh! I didn't know Damien had a thread, I guess I should have looked better. I posted about this in the UK case thread.

This is my post

You can watch all 8 episodes of the docu on the BBC iPlayer from today.
    Thanks for this. I don't remember to check the UK thread very often, so thank you for reminding me about it! I'll subscribe to it.

Damien is currently trending on Twitter. I thought they might have made a breakthrough but it's about the new TV documentary.

I still suspect the guys in the chip shop. I think Damien fell in with the wrong crowd that night and something went down. Although I would've expected one of them to crack if they were the ones arrested in 2011. That depends on how vigorously they were questioned.

Amazing to see this case getting attention, hope that it some small way it lifts the hearts of his family and the possibility that Damian can finally be located!

Quote Originally Posted by DanceCard View Post
    There's an interesting article on today's BBC News website about Damien's disappearance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36865349
    This article gives more details on Damien's movements that night. Apparently several witnesses said that a man believed to be Damien was visibly intoxicated or drugged. It goes on to say that Damien could've gone home via the seafront, although his mother reckons Damien knew better than that. Unfortunately, a mother's love is often blind and if Damien was on something that night his usual judgement would've been impaired. He could've fallen into the water and drowned.

Interesting. Never heard of this case before. My youngest daughter's boyfriend lives in Sandown IOW. Lovely place.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

After watching the CCTV footage in the documentary that includes the sound from the chip shop, it really does seem like Damien was on some sort of hallucinogen. The way he looks at all the other people in the chip shop with a look of curious amusement and then when he comes to order, he's unable to form sentences. He just says something like 'one....erm, yeah one.' And it's not in a drunken kind of way.

If that were to be the case, lsd or something, then he could've encountered various types of difficulty wandering around on his own at night afterwards; whether that be with other people, or just putting himself in danger beside the ocean.

Not sure that i understand the part about the camera, was it his camera, or had he " taken ' it from the party?
    Somewhere there must be a camera that someone either found or took from Damien, might answers be found in the pictures presumably taken, or did Damien trade it in for something else?
    imo, speculation.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-li...solved-8490429
    rbbm
    Damien-Nettles-and-his-family.jpg
    Damien Nettles and his family before apparently vanished without a trace
    t was the last time Valerie would ever see her loving, larger-than-life son.

He was wearing blue jeans and a black fleece - he didn't take a bag or any other belongings.

Damien's father, Edward, dropped him at his best friend Chris Boon's house.

At around 7.30pm along with Chris' brother Davey, they headed to a fairly low-key house party in East Cowes.

There were three couples at the house and Damien was the only one on his own.

Chris Boon says he thought Damien wanted to leave because he was bored while his brother

Davey thinks Damien might have been leaving to buy cannabis, as his regular dealer had been letting him down since the summer.

Damien and Chris left the party at roughly 9.30pm. They used the small ferry to travel back across to West Cowes, stopping to buy cider along the way.

Damien was carrying a black camera that he had taken with him from the party. It has never been found.

I was brought here by the BBC article which is on today's 'most read' list. In the timeline of what happened I'm not sure when he is meant to have ingested the drug (s).. seems he was still with his friend for quite a long time after being described as appearing intoxicated...? Doesn't his friend know what he took and where he got it? I was 16 (same as Damien) when this happened and in the UK and this is the first I've heard of this sad case

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I'm watching the documentary online now (BBC3). His friend agrees it looks like Damien is high in the chip shop cctv. He's tracked by cctv extensively up to that point so I would hope that would confirm or exclude some possibilities?

Using Tapatalk

Just binge watched the series on BBC3, and after reading some of his mothers blog posts, the one person who sticks out in my mind is his friend Chris Boon, very shifty to begin with, and held information back at the start of the documentary.

Sent from my iPhone

Damian Nettles UK Isle of Wight BBC Programme.

I cannot find a thread for Damian. He went missing on the Isle of Wight in 2006. He was last sighted acting strangely in a fish and chip shop where he is so "out of it" that he has to point to what he is trying to order. Damian was 16 when he disappeared.

The BBC are running a programme called "The Boy who Disappeared." Two journalists are on the Isle of Wight investigating.

The first programme in the series is on BBC iplayer.

I don't know if that is available outside the UK.

Here is a link to the BBC information about the documentary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-36834417

It does bother me a bit. Chris wasn't the last to see him but what if their last encounter didn't play out exactly as Chris claims?

Using Tapatalk

I've watched the whole doco now. It's all quite bleak really. Someone has some knowledge about what happened. After seeing Bunny Isles interviewed I'm no longer even certain of the drugs connection, ie that he was killed because of a fight or a debt. I read that they had looked into tide patterns which suggested that he'd have been washed up if he'd fallen into the sea. I just don't know what to think. I feel really sorry for his family and friends digging up the areas of woodlands in hopes of finding something 😢

Also - another suggestion is that the body was burned. If that's the case ... there isn't going to be much evidence to find. It's 20 years too late 😔

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Atoz View Post
    After watching the CCTV footage in the documentary that includes the sound from the chip shop, it really does seem like Damien was on some sort of hallucinogen. The way he looks at all the other people in the chip shop with a look of curious amusement and then when he comes to order, he's unable to form sentences. He just says something like 'one....erm, yeah one.' And it's not in a drunken kind of way..
    Agreed. Definitely looks like he was on something that night. With the new information that's come to light from the documentary, I'm now leaning more towards an accident of some sort. If he was trippin' and was walking around the seafront, the most reasonable explanation is that he fell in and drowned. Bodies don't always wash up.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    I watched the first 3 episodes last night, I think it's pretty clear he wasn't just drunk in the chippy, he was high on something for sure.

I have family on the IOW, Newport. We used to holiday on the IOW every year when I was a kid, stayed in Shanklin though.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast