1252 users online (233 members and 1019 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    The beach chalet where Lynn Hammond’s source claims Damien was killed (Shore Rd. intersection) is only a 5-minute walk past the Nettle’s home in Gurnard. I wonder if Damien knew about the chalet party spot <quite possibly, jmo>, walked by his parent’s house to see if they were in bed, and then ventured over there with the intent of hanging with the druggy set?

That could fit with the Bars Hill (“nipper up against a wall”) alleged midnight sighting and the unconfirmed report of someone walking at the bottom of Damien’s street at 12:30am. Doesn’t agree with Shirley Barrett’s account to Ivor Edwards that NMac physically picked up Damien on Baring Road though.

(moo based on BBC 2016 special)

At 2:16 in the YouTube video, towards the bottom of the text is where bullyingi is mentioned.

The direction in which Damien was walking, when he was last seen was not the quickest or easiest route home, it seems. This would suggest Damien had no plans to return straight home. I guess it's a question of whose account is more believable, the Weatherman's account of him being seen on Bars Hill or Shirley Barrett's alleged report of Damien on Baring Road. Perhaps could be correct, perhaps Damien was 'roughed up' on Bars Hill, then found later on Baring Road? Perhaps Damien didn't listen to the 'warning' and wasn't going to be afforded another?

I've just watched the CCTV of Yorkie's Chip Shop again. At 1:46, an elderly man walks in, almost directly after Damien, then walks out again, almost immediately. The chances are he just saw how busy the shop was and walked out again, not wanting to wait. But, the police haven't interviewed him, as far as I know. He and another man, a tall man, were the only people not to purchase anything in the footage.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerC119 View Post
    At 2:16 in the YouTube video, towards the bottom of the text is where bullyingi is mentioned.
    Ah, thanks, I see where it is now. Totally missed that. Slightly frustrating that in the documentary neither of the Boon brothers were asked about Damien being bullied. If it was only the red text in that video, I would be more open to it just being a suggestion from the creator of that video, but seeing as the lyric of the song actually mentions it, makes me think there's truth to it. The singer was a school friend of Damien's.

The direction in which Damien was walking, when he was last seen was not the quickest or easiest route home, it seems. This would suggest Damien had no plans to return straight home. I guess it's a question of whose account is more believable, the Weatherman's account of him being seen on Bars Hill or Shirley Barrett's alleged report of Damien on Baring Road. Perhaps could be correct, perhaps Damien was 'roughed up' on Bars Hill, then found later on Baring Road? Perhaps Damien didn't listen to the 'warning' and wasn't going to be afforded another?
    The direction Damien walked does suggest he's heading a 'long way' round to home, or away from home. Why? I'm going to see if I can find the location of Nicky Mac's drug house and see where that is in relation to his other locations that night. I'll place it on the map I made. I seem to remember the name of the road was mentioned in the documentary.

The address that Chris Boon said him and Damien would go to in order to score drugs was 18 Fellows Road, Cowes. I have added the location to the map I made of locations that are important in this case. It is quite far South of Cowes High Street, so it doesn't look like Damien was headed there when he disappeared.
    Link to map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J_...wU&usp=sharing

(Note: The house Nicky Mac died in in 2003 was on Prospect Road: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...01302&t=k&z=20
    Prospect Road is actually in Newport, not in Cowes.)

Also: https://drugskill.wordpress.com/2002...ick-macnamara/

Some very interesting info in the comments section here from people who claim to be NM's family/friends. Particularly the comment by 'simone smith' who says she's the mother to NM's children. The comment reads:
    I am the proud mother of Nick’s childrenI I saw Nick the day before he died,(he died on ths saturday but was not “found”until monday),he looked really well and told me he’d been clean for a while.He was,however,worried about money he owed and told me it was a serious situation,he had heavy people on his back.His was not the first body to come from that house.I hated what heroin did to a man i once loved,and remained close to,until the day he died.We all know who sells that soul destroying ****,yet they still walk around free.They may argue it’s freedom of choice,but i believe if you sell some one something illegal ,and it kills them,it’s murder.They make money from peoples misery,and damn the consequenses.Time to come down hard on these inhuman waste,and get some closure for families that are left behind,angry,frustrated,and little, if any faith left in the people paid to protect and serve.
    If this is true, it would perhaps explain why NM was possibly so angered by even a small amount of debt owed to him by Damien. We know that Damien had no funds that night, so perhaps NM found him and asked for the money, and when Damien said he had none, NM in his intoxicated/high state lost his temper.

Quote Originally Posted by Seryth View Post

(Note: The house Nicky Mac died in in 2003 was on Prospect Road
    Prospect Road is actually in Newport
    Newport is also one of the rumoured burial sites of Damien. I read a theory that Damien was buried on top of another grave in Newport Cemetery. I'll try and find the source.

Newport is also one of the rumoured burial sites of Damien. I read a theory that Damien was buried on top of another grave in Newport Cemetery. I'll try and find the source.
    This is not the source of that assertion, but it is referenced by Damian's sister in this link.
    http://iwradio.co.uk/2012/04/06/dami...-slams-police/
    “I am angry at the way that this has been handled (yet again!). The Police dismissed this story about the bones as soon as they heard it, stating that the rumor that Damien was buried on top of another grave was ruled out several years ago. Well the story that Damien was buried on top of another grave was regarding a Newport graveyard, and this is Cowes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Black View Post
    Hey all,

I'm a member of the Damien Nettles group over on Facebook and am a documentary film-maker. Been researching this case for quite some time now.

There is a hell of a lot more to this case than is included in the official timeline of events for that night, that you'll read online.

I think the general consensus, and also my personal opinion (from quite a lot of experience) is that Damien was not on drugs that night and in the CCTV footage. In the footage you can see that he's quite drunk, but not on drugs. Certainly not on LSD like someone mentioned here. That's not the behaviour of someone on LSD, further, and with the exception of marijuana, ordering and eating food is the last thing on your mind while under the influence of drugs. They are hunger suppressants. Alcohol on the other hand.....

Also, another point, there's too much evidence to indicate he went into the sea. It's generally accepted that he didn't go anywhere near the sea that night.

Finally the 5 individuals arrested in 2011 (it was actually 7), are different to those men in the chip shop. The men in the chip shop were all military.

Thanks everyone, nice to meet you all. Great community you have here.
    What evidence suggests Damien went in to the see and what do you know what can't be found online? If you could suggest to us here (being careful not to make accusations).

What evidence suggests Damien went in to the see and what do you know what can't be found online? If you could suggest to us here (being careful not to make accusations).
    I think Mister_Black is saying there is too much evidence suggesting Damien didn't go into the sea that night, and that is now generally accepted by all who know a bit about the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Black View Post
    Hey all,

I'm a member of the Damien Nettles group over on Facebook and am a documentary film-maker. Been researching this case for quite some time now.
    [snip]
    Thanks everyone, nice to meet you all. Great community you have here.
    A couple of us from this thread are active on another thread elsewhere that is currently quite a bit more active than this one. I don't want to link it directly here in case I break forum rules by linking to another community, but if you'd like to see it then please feel free to drop me a private message and I'll send you the link directly.
    And as Cracker asked, I'm very intrigued as to this information that isn't currently online.

I have researched this case for a few years now when I began studying criminology. I have read forums , YouTube comments, videos, you name it I've watched it and sometimes I feel no further forward . The part that I keep coming back to is he had stayed with his sister for a few weeks after a family fall out and wonder why he was so keen to seek her put that night. I'm on the Facebook page and his mum is a genuine kind women and I 100% don't believe the family have anything to o with it but I sometimes wonder could he still be alive , this article states sightings in South England but i would be more inclined to think if he had wanted to go missing completely he would have went further afield. I struggle to imagine members of the drug fraternity killing and disposing of a body and all being able to keep quiet after these years and loyalty etc changing. I have visited the island many times and it is such a small place secrets wouldn't be easily kept in my opinion
    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/2079...Damien_alive_/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

http://www.damiennettles.uk/gallery.php
    Locations.

Attached Images Attached Images

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/scept...n-nettles/amp/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7