Grieving couple commits suicide after dog dies

graybar hotel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HYDERABAD, India (Reuters) - Unable to come to terms with the death of their pet dog, an elderly couple in southern India committed suicide by hanging themselves, police said on Monday.

The bodies of 67-year-old retired soldier C.N. Madanraj and his wife, Tarabai, 63, were found on Sunday in their home in a suburb of Hyderabad.

Continue:
http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...OC_0_US-INDIA-PET-SUICIDES.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

Wow. They really didn't feel like they had anything else to live for?

Remind me to start a pottery class or something, so I have something to do with myself when the kids leave home...

Remind me to start a pottery class or something, so I have something to do with myself when the kids leave home...
:clap: LMAO. Pets do become part of the family, and when they die it is hard, and when the kids leave home thats hard too, I have been through both and am still here, its just another cycle in your life, taking up pottery or any sort of hobby is a great idea. There is always something to live for, its called YOU!:clap:

So sad, they didn't have children so "Puppy" must have meant the world to them.

This is so bizarre! I understand that their dog was like their child to them, but... most dog owners know that the life span of a dog is less than 20 years. Did they just tell their dinner guests, excuse us we have to go hang ourselves??? I had to put to sleep my dog of almost 16 years, but after 3 days of non-stop crying, I was able to get on with my life.

The couple wasn't even that old and could have maybe given a couple of more dogs happy and safe lives. One must have been in some sort of depression and influenced the other one somehow.

There are always other dogs that need love, too. Apparently there are elderly people who do, as well.

This is just totally insane.

I understand loving your pets ... I would be crushed if one of mine died .. but to kill themselves??

This is sad that they both couldn't cope after losing their pet. I mean, I understand the hurt, but to hang yourself? I still miss my choc. lab, and he's been gone over 5 yrs. Sure it hurt losing him, but I had my other dogs who needed me and their unconditional love helped me to heal.

This is just totally insane.

I understand loving your pets ... I would be crushed if one of mine died .. but to kill themselves??

I was just reading an article in Time about the lives of Indians. Seems multiple generations living in one house is still very much the norm.

I, too, understand building your home around a pet: in my house, our cat is very much our "baby" (and, boy, does he know it!).

But it can't be easy to be a "childless" couple in that sort of society. Maybe more was going on than just the death of the dog.

Wow I thought I have heard it all. This takes the cake! I have lost pets and cried for days and days but never thought of suicide. Very sad, and bizarre!

I can relate--We are a childless couple also,in our 40's---When our beloved calico kitty cat died Jan 8 2005,I absolutely gave some thought to committing suicide--She was a unique pet--never had suicidal thoughts before, but when she died the thoughts came

I'm very sorry about your cat, Peter.

I can see how they felt so hopeless. Even my husband, who hated my cat cried when he died.

MG

I probably won't want to live much after my cocker spaniel dies. Seriously.
He's meant the world to me.

That poor couple :(

its been almost a week since I found my precious Skitty dead from a car hitting her and I still cry every night ...and I've got two kids and a hubby and a cat and two other outdoor strays who count on me......and yet the guilt just eats at me......my son is very depressed, too....that was "his" skitty.....I told him today we need a "purpose" - a reason - he needs to find another stray who needs him as badly as skitty cat did.....i was checking our local spca website - they are doing new things with strays and ferals in our city so I might call them and see about getting involved in setting up a little colony in our city hood.....as long as its nearby my son and i could do it and maintain it...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back