Book based on this disappearance

I just got done reading it, the writer used this incident but very, very loosely.

Great book by the way.

I just got done reading it, the writer used this incident but very, very loosely.

Great book by the way.

I just read this book, when I picked it up and read the inside cover at first I thought I was about the Lyon sisters! I liked the way the author mentioned them at the end. Very good book for any of you sleuthers who like to read.

The link in the origional post does not seem to work anymore. However, the book, What the Dead Know, by Laura Lippmann is indeed an interesting read.

Laura is from Montgomery County and has written quite a few suspense novels. What the Dead Know is about two girls who disappear from a local mall and she starts with what is known about the Lyon case and then adds a good deal of her own imagination to develop an intriguing story. She changes the names and some of the basic facts like ages, and such, but you can see where she got a lot of her ideas when you read the book.

For anyone wishing to locate this book, here is some information about it:

Title: What the Dead Know

Author: Laura Lippman

Copyright date: 2007

Published by: HarperCollins Publishers, 10 East 53rd St. New York, NY 10022

ISBN: 978-0-06-112885-1
ISBN-10: 0-06-112885-6

------------------------------
As mentioned by several posters, this is a work of fiction, a mystery novel. The title, "What the Dead Know" comes from the following:

The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing;
they have no more reward, and even the memory of them is lost.
Their love and their hate and their envy have already perished;
never again will they have any share in all that happens under the sun.

- Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back