FL - Lt Corey Dahlem, 45, killed by drunk driver, Gainesville, 3 April 2007

FLMom

Former Member
Reaction score
I was at work today, and a girl that I worked with came back from her lunch break, sobbing hysterically. Her family had called----with the sad news. This man was a family friend of theirs for many many years. I won't go into a lot of detail, but suffice it to say that this officer was like her second dad. They do not expect him to live, due to the severity of the injuries.

Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers. A celebration of a national championship basketball season is forever marred with this tragedy.

Truck hits police officer as Gators fans leave Gainesville party

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- A drunken driver hit a veteran police officer and left him critically injured early Tuesday as Florida Gators fans cleared the streets after celebrating the team's NCAA basketball title, authorities said.

A black Toyota truck hit Lt. Corey Dahlem, a 22-year veteran of the Gainesville Police Department, at about 2:30 a.m., police spokesman Keith Kameg said. Dahlem was taken to Shands at the University of Florida, where he was listed in critical condition.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...LOL-?SITE=FLTAL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

A terrible and senseless tragedy. the family are in my thoughts. :(

I agree Floh!! My thoughts and prayers are with this gentleman and his family.

Prayers to the family and this man. WTF is wrong with people? Drink, get drunk STAY PUT.

Any further news, FLMom?

regards

Austin John Wright

Housed: Walton Correctional Institute
Sentence Date: 12/12/2007

Offense: Manslaughter of LEO
Sentence: 10 years

Projected Release Date: 7/11/2017

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online