GUILTY PA - Brian McCutcheon for rape, attempted murder of 8yo girl, Philadelphia, 2004

yes it is Sarah, Thank God he didn't kill her. Our children are not safe anywhere anymore :(

:mad: :furious: I don't understand why we didnt hear about the rape and the police looking for suspects?

He was only caught after he told someone about it (later) and they told police.

Poor Little girl, 8 year old, just visiting the library with her grandmother... You cannot let your kids out of your sight for a second!!

I hope they investigate how that homeless guy had access to the bathroom that needs a key from the front desk.

:mad: :furious:

SHe is really badly hurt, still in critical condition.

Couldn't he have just followed her in if no one was watching? I am assuming she unlocked the door to go in.

Maybe he stood near the door to the bathroom, pretending to look at books, and then grabbed her as she went in. You'd think a scuffle would have been heard in a relatively quiet library, tho.

Libraries are not particularly safe places, despite the effort to keep out loiterers. I may be a little paranoid from reading so much about crime, but I feel a bit nervous when I enter an apparently public restroom in an office building, library, or gas station.

The bathroom at our library is in an alcove, behind the main desk. If no one is checking anything out, the people at desk are facing forward, and no one can see who goes in or out of the bathrooms (although they are close enough you could hear a scuffle, but not true of large libraries)

My mother never let us use public restrooms growing up. She carried a porta potty. :D

She is such a little girl though! only 8 and totally unsuspecting anything would happen to her.

I hate public restrooms, I warn my daughter to 'go before we leave' otherwise be prepared to hold it for a while lol... not for the danger, but just because they are gross.

I always felt the library to br a safe place to be, her grandmother just must be devestated to think of what happened while she was waiting and she had no idea :eek:

It is especially hard to let your child use a public restroom when the child is not the same gender as the parent. I get some strange and dissaproving looks when I make my 10 year old son use the ladies room when we are out without my husband. I don't care what people think. :razz: There is no way I could live with myself if my child was molested or worse because I took a chance and let him use a public facility without a parent present.

Rather liked this quote:
"If it were China - bang! We would kill him. Then he wouldn't do it again," Liang said.

It always galls me that because the little girl was tough enough to survive, this guy will get a lesser sentence. That always seems wrong.

Ghostwheel said:
Rather liked this quote:
"If it were China - bang! We would kill him. Then he wouldn't do it again," Liang said.

It always galls me that because the little girl was tough enough to survive, this guy will get a lesser sentence. That always seems wrong.

It seems wrong because it is, How cruel that she is going to have to bear a life sentence for the crime committed against her. I suppose it would be politically correct to feel some compassion for the criminal, I just can't bring myself to it.

I saw that earlier, Doyle, and I thought the same thing. It would be interesting to find out who did it, and how hard they look for the perp in that case.

Last summer, at a road stop in Missouri, traveling back to Oklahoma from Ohio, a man followed my eleven-year-old into the woman's restroom. I was following right behind her but I was wearing sandals and I got a stone caught in one. I stopped to take the stone out behind a security fence that went around the dumpster. So I wasn't visible to this man but he was visible to me. I thought he looked scruffy when we got out of the car. Like he was out of place at a roadside stop. He didn't appear to be a traveler with a car there... he just looked like he was loitering. It always takes us a few minutes as a family to get out of the car at breaks because we have two dogs traveling with us. We have to leash them so they won't just run out in the parking lot. So the whole time the hubby is getting the dogs leashed up I am watching this guy and suspicious of him. And I'll be damned if he didn't follow my girl into the bathroom! I came racing right in behind her and he turned on a dime and ran out of there. The bathroom was empty except for us. Scary stuff. I've been leary of public restrooms since the death of Matthew Cheche.

From February 2005:

http://articles.philly.com/2005-02-19/news/25444800_1_harley-homeless-man-critical-condition

"What kind of society have we become?" the judge wondered aloud before she sentenced Brian McCutchen to 35 to 70 years in prison...

Assistant District Attorney Deborah Harley told the judge: "The violence of this crime is unspeakable. No words can describe what this little girl went through... It was an unfinished murder... "As soon as this little girl screamed, he grabbed her neck and squeezed what he thought was the life out of her. And then, when she was limp, he pulled down his pants, and pulled down her pants, and tried to rape her," Harley said. The child was found unconscious and partially undressed, wedged between a toilet and a wall...

"She is unable to dress herself. She is unable to feed herself. She is afraid to go anywhere alone," Harley said. "She is afraid to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night - she wakes up her mother - because she is afraid."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back