Canada - Principal Admits Throwing Feces

disenchantment

Reaction score
Maria Pantalone, 49, was charged with two counts of assault - one against that child and one against another – but only admitted to one of the charges today.
“I couldn’t take it any more,” she testified, in describing the provocative circumstances leading up to the incident last June 30.
But she agreed it wasn't in any way justified.
Pantalone, who is the sister of Toronto Deputy Mayor Joe Pantalone, was principal of Keele Street Junior Public School and Mountview Alternative

I wonder if someone threw it at her and she threw it back or what all happened, I guess more will come out later..
http://www.thestar.com/article/198600

That's disgusting! Who or, whats feces was she throwing and why??

:confused:

According to this article it was human feces: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070404/od_nm/crime_feces1_dc_1

Seems to me like if she "couldn't take it any more" maybe she needs to be in a position in the school with less contact with children. I know as a parent I would hate to think she would snap again and not be able to "take" an incident at her school.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070404/od_nm/crime_feces1_dc_1

The circumstances of the assault cannot be described due to a court publication ban designed to protect the identity of the victim. The judge in the case, however, said they were unique...

In his ruling, the judge said Pantalone was "publicly embarrassed, if not humiliated. She has suffered more than most."

Wow, it sounds like something really bad happened to lead up to this. The judge almost sounds like he feels sorry for her, and they are predicting that she will get her job back. (Why would she even want it??? The place sounds like a zoo. Literally.) I would pay to hear the whole story.

From the link:
Neither were students at her school.

Plus it happened June 30, when school is generally out for the summer. Not that it would be excusable under any circumstances, but I wonder what happened? :waitasec:

From the link:
Neither were students at her school.

Plus it happened June 30, when school is generally out for the summer. Not that it would be excusable under any circumstances, but I wonder what happened? :waitasec:

I wonder what this (bolded part) refers to? A statement by her that, while she wasn't justified, neither were they? It is vague.

What was going on that there was human excrement close at hand to throw? Was it thrown at her first?

Wish we had a WSer from the area who could give us the inside dirt, so to speak. :cool:

According to this article it was human feces: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070404/od_nm/crime_feces1_dc_1

Seems to me like if she "couldn't take it any more" maybe she needs to be in a position in the school with less contact with children. I know as a parent I would hate to think she would snap again and not be able to "take" an incident at her school.

As a Parent I would be horrified that she held any job at a school that my taxes pay for...

I think one would have to be quite nuts to pick up and throw any type of feces. Ewww.

Maybe someone threw it at her and she threw it back?

Gross. (gagging)

The way the judge said that she was publicly humiliated, the date, and other details make me wonder if this was some sort of prank that involved dumping or throwing the feces on her. Is it possible that she lost it and retaliated by throwing them at the kids who did it to her?

The whole thing is just :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Ewwwww!!!!

Teacher or not, if feces were thrown on me, I don't know if I'd have the restraint not to throw it back...after tossing my cookies, of course. :sick:

I wish we knew the FACTS.

Yeah, I need more information, this isn't making much sense to me.

My first thought on this story was that some kids prolly left her a surprise on her door step as a prank. She could have picked up and thrown it at them at that point... As a school official, I imagine she deals with a ton of pranks to her home/car to push her over the edge.

Just my 2cents....

As a Parent I would be horrified that she held any job at a school that my taxes pay for...

If one of my kids had ever thrown chit at a teacher or any other person they are the ones who would have been in big trouble...not the adult. If the adult threw it back at them I would think it was getting down to the kids level but I would have said that my kid deserved it. Then they would have been restricted at home for awhile.

I wonder if the chit was in some food form - given to her in a way that she would have tasted the food - and then been made fun of for eating chit and she threw the food item with the chit in it at whoever gave it to her. Possible? I don't know why, but it was the first thing that came to my mind when they said she was publicly humiliated and embarrassed.

If one of my kids had ever thrown chit at a teacher or any other person they are the ones who would have been in big trouble...not the adult. If the adult threw it back at them I would think it was getting down to the kids level but I would have said that my kid deserved it. Then they would have been restricted at home for awhile.

I'm with you. If my kids had had any part in a prank involving feces, they'd be scrubbing toilets, changing diapers, and shoveling manure as punishment for YEARS!!!

I totally agree with you. I bet you anything the parents of the poor young crap throwers will sue the principal and school district too. :loser:

I don't care WHAT is thrown at you - you should be allowed to throw it back. When I worked at KFC, I gave a center breast to a man that had just come up out of the grease - HOT and fresh. I told him it was the freshest one we had (trying to be nice) and it would be hot. Jerkface opened the box and THREW IT at me! I tossed it back at him like a hot potato and got grease on his shirt and face (poor baby.) I almost lost my job - but he shouldn't dish out what he can't take.

I wonder what happened - the only place I knew they threw crap (besides monkey cages) was in prison when you can't reach through the cells to throttle someone who is screaming all night long - you can crap in a cup and fling it into the next cell.

I couldn't do it unless it was a toss it back situation. Then, all bets are off.

I just re-read this. The man did not just come out of the grease. The piece of chicken did. Just clarifying. ;-)

Wish we had a WSer from the area who could give us the inside dirt, so to speak. :cool:

That would be me angelmom, however I'm temporarily living in the UK so hadn't heard about this. I just want to make it clear that this is NOT a Toronto nor a Canadian "thing"!:sick:

I found another article with a few more details. http://tinyurl.com/2a7hxg It does sound bizarre. I asked hubby about it (who is soon rushing out the door to catch an airplane to visit me for 10 days while I'm on Easter break:woohoo:) and he hasn't heard anything about it. My sister-in-law teaches kindergarten just outside of Toronto, I'll have to email her and see what she's heard about this.

This made me think of Rice Krispies - "snap, crapple and poop":D

Utopia

P.S. Headed for London for a few days, does anyone have any recommendations for theatre currently playing there?

"She has suffered more than most for having been charged," Mr. Borenstein said. "There is a tragic figure in this case and that figure is Ms. Pantalone."

I have so many questions:

Why was she dealing with a child who is not a student at her school?

How did the poop get on the floor to begin with?

What did the kid do for her to take aim at him?

This must be some doozy of a story if she is not going to have any criminal record after all of this. Someone at WS must live around this school or know someone who does!!! If this had happened at our school the rumor mill would be going full tilt!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back