TN - James Harper, 7, poisoned & beaten to death, Christiana, 19 Jan 2004

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Edward Eugene Summers, 28, accepted a 20-year prison sentence for his role the murder of James, a second-grade student at Christiana Elementary School. Summers will be eligible for parole in about six years.

The prosecutor said Rachel Summers [the mother] told Warf she and her husband got into an argument about James’ behavior at a store. When they returned home, she struck him in the head, which caused swelling. Later, she and her husband discussed giving him rat poison. She mixed the poison and gave it to her son.

Later, Rachel Summers said her husband tried to strangle her son but she pulled him off and smothered James.

Ed Smothers told Warf he knew about what happened but didn’t call for help, the prosecutor said. Ed Summers gave conflicting statements to Warf.

Link

Un-freaking-believable! The mother is already doing life for the actual murder.

Who are these people??????

I'm not sure I understand. Did they feed him rat poison to cover for the fact that she hit him and made his head swell? Or were they trying to kill him from the start?

What a sad story. I'm glad the grandma is strong enough to speak at the sentencing.

I'm not sure I understand. Did they feed him rat poison to cover for the fact that she hit him and made his head swell? Or were they trying to kill him from the start?

I believe what happened was the step-father was angry with the 'mom' for hitting her son because he worried that would mean they'd lose custody of their daughter. So they hatched their evil plan in hopes of covering up the original crime. Doesn't make a lot of common sense, but plotting to kill your own child, especially in such a horrible way, is senseless.

I don't know why I read these horrific stories. It makes me so sad.

What happened to an eye for any eye? Crack those scum suckers with a brick, feed them rat poison and smother them.

I hope they burn in hell!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back