981 users online (175 members and 806 guests)  

Websleuths News

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

FL - Driver saves baby who fell from car

Child not placed in full safety seat or properly secured.

A quick-thinking driver, who was horrified Monday to see a 1-year-old child fall out of a car, stopped and kept the baby from being struck by oncoming cars and called for help.

Edward Walton Sr., 59, a visitor from Long Island, N.Y., was driving alone down East Silver Springs Boulevard looking for cheap gas when the child fell out of the 1997 Pontiac ahead of him.

"I screamed in my car, 'Oh, my God, that's a baby!' I jumped out my car and grabbed the baby. When I got to the baby, it was on all fours with its head down."

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Man, that's scary! I'm glad he was thinking so quickly.

Why do people drive around with their kids not restrained? I have had 4 in boosters or car seats at the same time, and it's not that hard to buckle them all in...
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Why did they give the kid back without calling in Social Services for an evaluation? She obviously isn't capable of caring for them properly.

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...54/1001/NEWS01
    "The officer wrote that, yes, the child was strapped to a booster seat, but when she went to do an inspection on the car, the seat belts themselves which would normally be put through the back of a car seat .. were shoved underneath the seat," Biondi said. "She said that they had to pull the seat belts from underneath the seats to be used. That's just indicative from the kids not being restrained at all."

Biondi also said the officer inspected the vehicle and found the rear-door child locks were operational but not activated."

Why wasn't this woman issued summonses upon summonses upon violations and then arrested?

MG

Quote Originally Posted by hipmamajen View Post
    Man, that's scary! I'm glad he was thinking so quickly.

Why do people drive around with their kids not restrained? I have had 4 in boosters or car seats at the same time, and it's not that hard to buckle them all in...
    Not only that but most cars, even older ones have the childproof locks that prevent rear doors from opening when the car is in gear.

What an idiot parent. I have 3 in car seats now and it's never even occured to me not to buckle them in.

I hope this child manages to live to adulthood, since the parent obviously has not enough sense to help the child get there.