"A Christmas Story" Director and son killed..

my husband loves this movie and i know he will be sad when i tell him. what a shame.

my husbands reaction? "two creative beings killed by one senseless idiot..."

my husbands reaction? "two creative beings killed by one senseless idiot..."
I have often wondered why the Drunks always seem to live but the innocent die? My grandfather was killed by a drunk and my friends daughter. Its a terrible loss.

And probably the guy had at least 2 DUIs already. Probably an illegal. It's perilous to drive on the roads after midnight. They really need to crack down more on drunk drivers.

Very sad.

It's terrible. They were showing this on the news yesterday morning and it shut PCH down in both directions. At the time, no one knew who it was. Of course, in the end it's a tragedy no matter who it was that was killed.

It does seem unfair that the drunk drivers are the one's that walk away and the innocent victims are killed. Shame. This guy that was drunk driving didn't even have a license.

What really bothers me is on the news last night they said "Police are trying to figure out why Mr. Clarke was driving at 2 a.m" ??? Really?? Who cares? Since when is it illegal to drive at 2 in the morning? Why question the dead victim?

How terrible. :behindbar

And so what if they were out driving around at 2 a.m.? The son was 22 yrs old so its not like he had an early bedtime! Gah!

This appears to be Ariel's myspace. It's starting to accumulate the "miss you" comments. :(

http://www.myspace.com/arielflips

^^Aww, that's nice to see that it was family night. Good to know that they got to spend their evening together :)

My sons both still watch "A Christmas Story" every year all day long on X-mas. This is so sad. Unlike many "Hollywood" types, he seemed to be a grounded family man to still spend family time with his son.

Sad news.

GMC Yukon vs. Infiniti sedan - they never stood a chance.

How sad. I hope this man is kept off the streets...but somehow, I doubt he will be for long.

A Christmas Story is my hubby's favorite movie. One year I found a "leg lamp" for him. It was so cute...he opened the package and saw the "Fragile" on the box, and even said...Fra-gee-lee, but he still didn't make the connection.

Finally, it dawned on him what was in the box. He was so excited. He immediately ran to the living room and positioned it in the center of the living room window (the neighbors have to love this). Then he and our children ran out into the middle of the street to observe the light.

I laughed and laughed and laughed...it was just like in the movie. That lamp is still in the front window and I am sure the neighbors hate it (but only one can see it, and they are a bit odd, so who cares).

Just the other day I metioned that we should move the lamp to his office. It's still in the living room, so who knows if I'll ever get it moved!!!

This drinking and driving makes me ill. How many innocent lives have to be lost before this ends? And nine times out of ten, the drunk survives.

Very sad to hear--A Christmas Story's reputation has grown over the years since it was first released in 1983--we watch the film every year--Also liked his Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things(1972),his "night of the living dead" film--He directed many other films also

I had forgotten Bob Clark also directed the "Porky's" films. This is such a loss.

Less than 3 months after I graduated high school, 3 girls I'd grown up with were killed together in a horrific car accident...they were hit by a drunk. Lynn and Alisa were a year older, and Dawn was my same age, and had sat right in front of me at graduation. It was just awful. Of course the drunk survived and only served about 10 years for vehicular manslaughter. :(

I had forgotten Bob Clark also directed the "Porky's" films. This is such a loss.

Less than 3 months after I graduated high school, 3 girls I'd grown up with were killed together in a horrific car accident...they were hit by a drunk. Lynn and Alisa were a year older, and Dawn was my same age, and had sat right in front of me at graduation. It was just awful. Of course the drunk survived and only served about 10 years for vehicular manslaughter. :(
That is so sad. Our friends 6 year old daughter was killed by a drunk loser after leaving the circus 2 years ago. It was awful.

That is so sad. Our friends 6 year old daughter was killed by a drunk loser after leaving the circus 2 years ago. It was awful.

Oh, that's just awful, Michelle. I'm sorry to hear that.

Oh, that's just awful, Michelle. I'm sorry to hear that.
Yes, it was very sad. The loss of a child like that, when the mom is holding her hand when it happened was just horrific!

How very tragic. There are so many of us who have been touched by drunk drivers. I lost three friends in two seperate accidents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back