Florida housing sex offenders under bridge

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
The sparkling blue waters off Miami's Julia Tuttle Causeway look as if they were taken from a postcard. But the causeway's only inhabitants see little paradise in their surroundings. Five men -- all registered sex offenders convicted of abusing children -- live along the causeway because there is a housing shortage for Miami's least welcome residents.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/04/05/bridge.sex.offenders/index.html

A bridge too far: far too good for them. :(

(from the link)"The rodents come up next to you, you could be sleeping the whole night and they could be nibbling on you," he said.

Awwww, poor registered sex offender. Maybe now you have an iota of an idea of what your victims feel like.

I just google-earth'd the Julia Tuttle causeway. That's quite a bridge! A lot longer than I expected.

What's the child's fairy tail about the little monster under the bridge-something like "Billy Goat Gruff". I shudder to think of those bums under any bridge but I guess it's better than by a neighborhood.

Since I didn't have an address, they sent me here to live under the bridge. … This is an injustice. This is punishment."

You get no sympathy here bud. If it was up to me you'd be sleeping with the fishies.

(from the link)"The rodents come up next to you, you could be sleeping the whole night and they could be nibbling on you," he said.

Awwww, poor registered sex offender. Maybe now you have an iota of an idea of what your victims feel like.

I just google-earth'd the Julia Tuttle causeway. That's quite a bridge! A lot longer than I expected.

What's the child's fairy tail about the little monster under the bridge-something like "Billy Goat Gruff". I shudder to think of those bums under any bridge but I guess it's better than by a neighborhood.

I was so thinking the same thing!

To bad the scumbags are not run over on the bridge!!

"Ten years, I'm not going to be able to live there," Sanchez said. "I'm going to die there underneath the bridge."

Ohhh, poor baby. Let's not make them wait 10 years. Give them a gun, open up and say AHHHHH. :eek:
Bastards. I have no sympathy for those cause harm upon our most innocent.

So what did Rene Matamoros and Angel Sanchez do? (two of the offenders named, one from each article.) and have they learned their lesson?

there is suggestion that this is cruel and unusual punishment (my interpretation of their sob stories). sex offenders mete out cruel and unusual punishment IMO and there isn't anything too bad for them to have to go through to pay their debt to society, i believe.

FL and TX - Two of the goofiest states w/ their government... (The general public is GREAT - I have lots of friends there - but the government/legal systems are weird!)

OK - so while I can't feel sorry for these men, the gov has really screwed up here. There's going to be a legal challenge very shortly, and the gov will lose big time. AND - that's unfortunate b/c these sex offenders will likely get a very nice settlement courtesy of the taxpayers.

The state can't FORCE people to be homeless. It can't MAKE these men live outside like this - our laws simply won't tolerate it. If it were a situation where these men were homeless and sex offenders and just happened to live there, totally different. But the article seems to say that the state is making them live there.

ALSO - this is really stupid b/c many cities have done these "no sex offender" ordinances. But then sex offenders are forced into a situation like this, and then the court has to make accommodations and it never ends up helping children.

In WI - we keep running up against this problem Lots of communities are enacting those ordinances and then trying to shove all the sex offenders to other poorer communities. It won't work forever - sex offender release has to be planned for and monitored. To do anything else - as FL has here - is totally irresponsible and will only result in huge lawsuits.

I just wish we could ship them off to their own little island.

I just wish we could ship them off to their own little island.

Yes. and could we make that an international island, please. where they could all integrate together and leave the rest of humaity alone? :furious:

Yes. and could we make that an international island, please. where they could all integrate together and leave the rest of humaity alone? :furious:

Isn't there islands that the Navy uses to conduct live fire exercises??

Reopen Alcatraz?? (sp?)

These dirt balls and moreso the media that even reported it with that sympathetic slant .....

And OMG I found this link while at that one....
http://www.cnn.com/2007/EDUCATION/03/25/school.felon.workers.ap/index.html

Felons at the school for deaf and blind???
All I can say is ONLY in Florida!!

North Pole perhaps?

These predators should be glad they are not in jail. The only thing missing is a big ole sign with an arrow that states, "wretched sex offenders live under here!"

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/06/parolees.bridge.ap/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- The state of Florida is trying to dissolve a community of sex offenders living under a bridge that includes a gym, kitchen, living room and two dogs.
and
But state officials are telling them to leave.
"We're urging them to find a residence. We want them to be able to reintegrate into society," said Gretl Plessinger, a spokeswoman for the Florida Corrections Department.
"We are hopeful that if we push them, they will be able to find a residence that's better." (more at link)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back