ID - Idaho Shooters

Buzz Mills

Reaction score
Website
forumsforjustice.com
Target National Guard

BOISE, Idaho (April 5) - For years, ATV-riding, gun-toting sport shooters have flouted gun laws in part of Idaho's high desert by taking pot shots at ground squirrels and other animals. Now, officials say, they're also setting their sights on National Guard tanks that train in the area.

Rifles and pistols have been banned in a 68,000-acre area of the Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area since 1996.

But the federal Bureau of Land Management is considering expanding the gun-restricted area by 41,000 acres to try to limit shootings at Idaho Army National Guard troops who report slugs bouncing off their tanks on a regular basis. "There's a segment of the shooting community that will shoot at anything that moves," said John Sullivan, the area's manager. National Guard spokeswoman Lt. Col. Stephanie Dowling said she thinks the proposed expansion would help alleviate the problem. "What's happened over time, as the population has grown, we get more and more people out there," said Dowling. "Not everybody uses good safety precautions."

http://news.aol.com/topnews/article...d/20070405091209990002?ncid=NWS00010000000001

But the federal Bureau of Land Management is considering expanding the gun-restricted area by 41,000 acres to try to limit shootings at Idaho Army National Guard troops who report slugs bouncing off their tanks on a regular basis. "There's a segment of the shooting community that will shoot at anything that moves," said John Sullivan, the area's manager.

Jeez Louise!

Kind of reminds me of a vacation I took. In a nutshell, i flew into Seattle for two days, took the ferry over to Vancouver Island, spent three days there, came back to Seattle and flew over to Spokane, and drove over into Idaho, where I stopped for a beer, as I had been driving for quite awhile, and I was thirsty. The bar was in a little old rundown log cabin just off the highway. I was obviously somewhat out of place, being clean cut, and such. Turns out I had stopped at the bottom of the mountain where the FBI had a shootout, with some alleged militants, not more than year earlier. The FBI killed the the alleged militant's wife, and his son, if I remember correctly. You wouldn't want to be an FBI person in that area alone. They don't like the Federal agents at all there. There were a couple of tough mountain chicks complaining because their men treated them like crap, and wishing they could meet a nice guy. I couldn't help but tell them they are so used to men who treat them bad, that if they ever met a nice guy they wouldn't know how to act. And then I decided I had better leave before anyone decided that I wasn't really a Federal agent.

Hmmm, stumbled into this thread while looking for a current one on Melanie McGuire, on trial for murdering her husband then cutting him up into three distinct sections.

BUT I digress, sounds like Idaho is what is left of the LAST FRONTIER, although with illegal immigration running amuck/amok/sp?, we could all transition backwards.

I of course remember that infamous shootout, striking the mom while she was holding her baby as I recall.

I of course remember that infamous shootout, striking the mom while she was holding her baby as I recall.

Yeah, that was Ruby Ridge, the Weaver family. That was a mess. :(

Hmmm, stumbled into this thread while looking for a current one on Melanie McGuire, on trial for murdering her husband then cutting him up into three distinct sections.

BUT I digress, sounds like Idaho is what is left of the LAST FRONTIER, although with illegal immigration running amuck/amok/sp?, we could all transition backwards.

I dont know that I would equate Idaho Frontiersman(I live in Idaho)with beligerant beered up cammo clad cowards taking pot shots from a safe distance at training National Guardsmen serving their Country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back