1394 users online (271 members and 1123 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Curtis 'Kurt' LeBlanc, 34, Bear Valley, 21 Dec 2005

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: December 21, 2005 from Bear Valley, California
    Classification: Missing
    Date Of Birth: July 27, 1971
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 135 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Race: White
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoo of a "wizard", "castle",
    and "dragon" on upper left arm, previously fractured leg, high
    hairline and balding at temples. Goatee and mustache. Clothing : Black ski jacket with wide white trim, black ski pants,
    possibly wearing "High Tech" hiking boots size 10.5. Jewelry: Possibly wearing a silver chain necklace with a "dragon"
    pendant and a watch. AKA: "Kurt M. LeBlanc"; "Kurt"
    NCIC Number: M-895419731
    Case Number: 05-1348

Details of Disappearance
    Curtis was last seen at 3:17 pm leaving his place of employment, Bear Valley Ski Area, in the vicinity of Hwy 4 and Bear Valley in Bear Valley, CA. Dentals and DNA are available.
    Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Alpine County Sheriff's Office
    (530) 694-2232

http://www.nampn.org/cases/leblanc_curtis.html
    Last edited by Rle7; 04-06-2007 at 09:05 PM.

When Adults Vanish

Eleven days passed before Linda Pulliam was told that her son Kurt LeBlanc had vanished. It took three more days for her to coax her small Honda along flooded roads from Humboldt County to the Sierra ski resort where he had last been seen.

Sheriff's deputies had responded with little urgency when LeBlanc's dad reported him missing on New Year's Eve, 2005. After all, LeBlanc was a 34-year-old male. Even his father initially assumed he had simply left Bear Valley to party with friends.

Pulliam felt she knew her only child better than that. But hardly anyone seemed to care.

A full week after authorities were notified of LeBlanc's disappearance, they summoned an out-of-town search and rescue team to the snowbound Bear Valley basin. A lone cadaver dog sniffed around the condominium where LeBlanc had been staying. A handful of hikers ventured a few miles into the woods.

Pulliam, a 57-year-old sociology professor, waited mutely at a nearby cafe in the blanket of her rising panic. She was unsure how to press for more forceful action.

"They wouldn't even let me talk to the searchers," Pulliam said of authorities. "Nothing went right."

Pulliam soon learned that she had entered a distinct and crowded purgatory.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...track=ntothtml

bump...

May have been found

I just started looking into this. Found this article from last month.
    http://uniondemocrat.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=23699

Found??

I posted this article yesterday and continued to research. At this point, I cannot find anything else that confirms the remains were in fact his. Although his mother seemed certain they were. The missing person website does not show that he has been found. Hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by ella's mom View Post
    I posted this article yesterday and continued to research. At this point, I cannot find anything else that confirms the remains were in fact his. Although his mother seemed certain they were. The missing person website does not show that he has been found. Hmmm?
    Thanks for the update. I assumed he was still missing since all his missing profiles are still active. Maybe they are waiting for confirmation that the remains are Kurt?