02-10-2004, 09:46 AM #1Former Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- In heels
Boy Finds Bloody Syringe In Lego Box
OMAHA, Neb. -- An Omaha teen opened a box of toys this week to find more than the Legos he expected inside. Joshua Morgal, 14, found a syringe full of blood.
Morgal's mother, Laura Ewoldt, bought her son a box of toys at the St. Vincent DePaul store in Omaha to reward him for good grades. When her son brought her what he'd found in the box, he had already been scratched -- maybe by the Legos, maybe by the syringe.
"After rewarding him with a $15 toy for doing good in school, now I don't know if he's gonna live or die," Ewoldt said
Morgal will be tested for HIV as a precaution.
A manager at St. Vincent DePaul said all merchandise is inspected before it is sold to the public.
Ewoldt said she should have looked through the box, too, but she insists the syringe came from the store.
Stroy from OmahaChannel.com
02-13-2004, 11:43 AM #2Former Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2003
People are just sick and crazy. Reminds me of things that went on where I lived at. People were going around to Burger King's that had the Play Balls, and putting needles in the balls and If I remember correctly, they were putting them in telephones as well! We live in a sick world.