1008 users online (137 members and 871 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TX - Refugio Co., Wht/HispFem 299UFTX, 20-35, black minidress & tights, Mar'92

Unidentified Hispanic or White Female

• The victim was discovered on March 2, 1992 in Texas.
    • Death is estimated to have occured around January 1, 1989.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 20 - 37 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1" - 5'5"
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Degenerative joint disease with exostosis on the end of left fibula, possibly due to trauma to the left knee.
    • Dentals: N/A
    • Clothing: Long black coat, black mini dress, black leotards or hose and a red belt (about 2" wide with a square buckle). Also found near the remains was one white knee-hi boot with a zipper up the back and a red leaf design earring.
    Case History
    This woman was found on March 2, 1992 in Texas. She has been tentavily identified as Lynda Lee Bronaugh, though no DNA comparison is available because Bronaugh was adopted.

DN link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/299uftx.html

Lynda Bronaugh: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ugh_lynda.html

Despite tentative identification, there are some differences such as the joint disease (Bronaugh is not reported as having), Bronaugh is one inch shorter than Jane Doe's estimated height, Bronaugh has less clothing reported than Jane Doe- JD had a white boot (Bronaugh had black heels), red belt and an earring (Bronaugh had neither). Another problem is the estimated date of death for Jane Doe and the time Bronaugh was last seen. Jane Doe's estimated DOD is 01/01/89, Bronaugh went missing 04/08/91. I created a mini timeline with a few possibilities of her being Jane Doe

TIMELINE OF LYNDA L. BRONAUGH'S DISAPPEARANCE AND JANE DOE'S DISCOVERY

01/01/1989
    - CORPUS CHRISTI JANE DOE'S ESTIMATED OCCURED DOD
    04/08/1991
    - LYNDA L. BRONAUGH DISAPPEARS FROM HER APARTMENT IN LAREDO, TX
    BETWEEN APRIL 1991- MARCH 1992
    - LYNDA POSSIBLY MAKES PURCHASES OR RECEIVES EARRINGS, WHITE KNEE HIGH BOOTS, A BLACK JACKET AND RED BELT
    - LYNDA/JANE DOE RUNS INTO FOUL PLAY AND BECOMES A VICTIM OF HOMOCIDE
    MARCH 2, 1992
    - JANE DOE/LYNDA IS FOUND IN CORPUS CHRISTI, TX

Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-07-2013 at 03:28 AM. Reason: added link

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough

Question

Ms Bronaugh has strong oriental features, which is normal since she is from the Philippines. Isn't there a way for a forensic anthropologist to tell if skeletal remains belong to an Asian individual? I ask because back when I lived in southern California where there is a large Asian minority it would often happen that skeletal remains were readily identified as belonging to an Asian individual when such was the case.

Are you sure that Lynda was NOT wearing the earrings and belt when she disappeared? Maybe they just weren't reported in her file, being minor accessories. If I disappeared right now it would probably say "last seen wearing jeans and a light gray sweatshirt reading 'I trust Severus (Albus did)'" But I am also wearing a red turtleneck under the sweatshirt, and gray knee socks, and brown boots, and a black hair tie and clip, plus undergarments.

Sorry to bump an old thread, however has there been any kind of testing to conclusively prove that Corpus Christi Jane Doe and Lynda are one in the same?

Quote Originally Posted by meggilyweggily View Post
    Are you sure that Lynda was NOT wearing the earrings and belt when she disappeared? Maybe they just weren't reported in her file, being minor accessories. If I disappeared right now it would probably say "last seen wearing jeans and a light gray sweatshirt reading 'I trust Severus (Albus did)'" But I am also wearing a red turtleneck under the sweatshirt, and gray knee socks, and brown boots, and a black hair tie and clip, plus undergarments.
    Can I have your sweatshirt? Lol

Agreed 100% though. Missing person info usually has holes.

I'm wondering why dentals or bone xrays of somekind, especially with the noted left knee injuries aren't being used to id.

Ruleouts:
    Name DOB State LKA
    Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
    Camora Grimes 1964 Texas
    Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3862

No DNA or dentals are available for Lynda Bronaugh: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8367/1/

Looks like this one will never be officially resolved.

The identifyus profile has a couple of interesting points:
    -boots were size 5. This caught my eye since it's very small; makes me think her height must be closer to the low end of the range given (5'1")
    -dental record notes the upper canines were congenitally absent.

It would be great if we could find a good smiling photo of Lynda Bronaugh. If she was missing her #6 and #11, it would be easily recognizable.

BTW, the UID's NamUs dental chart is wrong. If her two upper canines were "congenitally absent", then the #6 and #11 boxes should have been marked "A", not "P".

A new article and sketch for this case....

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Tex...375566001.html

Texas Rangers look for new leads in old, cold case

AUSTIN, Texas (KWTX) The Texas Department of Public Safety asked for the publicís help Wednesday in the search for new leads in the death of an unidentified woman whose remains were found in 1992 on a ranch in Refugio County.

Authorities Wednesday released composite sketches that may resemble the woman, who investigators think was white, between the ages of 20 and 35, and about 5-foot-3.