TX TX - Refugio Co, Wht/HispFem 17-34, 299UFTX, blk minidress & tights, red belt, Sz 5 boots, Mar'92

outofthedark

Lyle Stevik's FB Hostess
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Unidentified Hispanic or White Female

• The victim was discovered on March 2, 1992 in Texas.
  • Death is estimated to have occured around January 1, 1989.
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 20 - 37 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1" - 5'5"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Degenerative joint disease with exostosis on the end of left fibula, possibly due to trauma to the left knee.
  • Dentals: N/A
  • Clothing: Long black coat, black mini dress, black leotards or hose and a red belt (about 2" wide with a square buckle). Also found near the remains was one white knee-hi boot with a zipper up the back and a red leaf design earring.
Case History
This woman was found on March 2, 1992 in Texas. She has been tentavily identified as Lynda Lee Bronaugh, though no DNA comparison is available because Bronaugh was adopted.

DN link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/299uftx.html

Lynda Bronaugh: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bronaugh_lynda.html

Despite tentative identification, there are some differences such as the joint disease (Bronaugh is not reported as having), Bronaugh is one inch shorter than Jane Doe's estimated height, Bronaugh has less clothing reported than Jane Doe- JD had a white boot (Bronaugh had black heels), red belt and an earring (Bronaugh had neither). Another problem is the estimated date of death for Jane Doe and the time Bronaugh was last seen. Jane Doe's estimated DOD is 01/01/89, Bronaugh went missing 04/08/91. I created a mini timeline with a few possibilities of her being Jane Doe

TIMELINE OF LYNDA L. BRONAUGH'S DISAPPEARANCE AND JANE DOE'S DISCOVERY

01/01/1989
- CORPUS CHRISTI JANE DOE'S ESTIMATED OCCURED DOD
04/08/1991
- LYNDA L. BRONAUGH DISAPPEARS FROM HER APARTMENT IN LAREDO, TX
BETWEEN APRIL 1991- MARCH 1992
- LYNDA POSSIBLY MAKES PURCHASES OR RECEIVES EARRINGS, WHITE KNEE HIGH BOOTS, A BLACK JACKET AND RED BELT
- LYNDA/JANE DOE RUNS INTO FOUL PLAY AND BECOMES A VICTIM OF HOMOCIDE
MARCH 2, 1992
- JANE DOE/LYNDA IS FOUND IN CORPUS CHRISTI, TX

Ms Bronaugh has strong oriental features, which is normal since she is from the Philippines. Isn't there a way for a forensic anthropologist to tell if skeletal remains belong to an Asian individual? I ask because back when I lived in southern California where there is a large Asian minority it would often happen that skeletal remains were readily identified as belonging to an Asian individual when such was the case.

Are you sure that Lynda was NOT wearing the earrings and belt when she disappeared? Maybe they just weren't reported in her file, being minor accessories. If I disappeared right now it would probably say "last seen wearing jeans and a light gray sweatshirt reading 'I trust Severus (Albus did)'" But I am also wearing a red turtleneck under the sweatshirt, and gray knee socks, and brown boots, and a black hair tie and clip, plus undergarments.

Sorry to bump an old thread, however has there been any kind of testing to conclusively prove that Corpus Christi Jane Doe and Lynda are one in the same?

Are you sure that Lynda was NOT wearing the earrings and belt when she disappeared? Maybe they just weren't reported in her file, being minor accessories. If I disappeared right now it would probably say "last seen wearing jeans and a light gray sweatshirt reading 'I trust Severus (Albus did)'" But I am also wearing a red turtleneck under the sweatshirt, and gray knee socks, and brown boots, and a black hair tie and clip, plus undergarments.

Can I have your sweatshirt? Lol

Agreed 100% though. Missing person info usually has holes.

I'm wondering why dentals or bone xrays of somekind, especially with the noted left knee injuries aren't being used to id.

The identifyus profile has a couple of interesting points:
-boots were size 5. This caught my eye since it's very small; makes me think her height must be closer to the low end of the range given (5'1")
-dental record notes the upper canines were congenitally absent.

It would be great if we could find a good smiling photo of Lynda Bronaugh. If she was missing her #6 and #11, it would be easily recognizable.

BTW, the UID's NamUs dental chart is wrong. If her two upper canines were "congenitally absent", then the #6 and #11 boxes should have been marked "A", not "P".

A new article and sketch for this case....

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Texas-Rangers-look-for-new-leads-in-old-cold-case-375566001.html

Texas Rangers look for new leads in old, cold case

AUSTIN, Texas (KWTX) The Texas Department of Public Safety asked for the public’s help Wednesday in the search for new leads in the death of an unidentified woman whose remains were found in 1992 on a ranch in Refugio County.

Authorities Wednesday released composite sketches that may resemble the woman, who investigators think was white, between the ages of 20 and 35, and about 5-foot-3.

Thumbnail

Notice Namus now says this UID is white/Caucasian (no longer mention of possibly being hispanic as well). The initial match thought most likely by LE mentioned in the first few posts was of Filipino heritage. PMI is 1-3 years.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

image002.jpg

An updated facial reconstruction based on the woman's skeletal remains (Texas Department of Public Safety)

Oct 10 2020
DPS asking for help in identifying victim in 1992 cold case
''REFUGIO, Texas - The Texas Department of Public Safety is asking for the public's help in identifying a homicide victim in a 1992 cold case.

On March 2, 1992, the remains of an unidentified woman were found on a ranch on FM 2678, about four miles east of Refugio, by a pipeline construction crew, according to DPS. Her remains were covered by dense brush and there was no identification with her body. Clothing found at the scene included a long coat, black leotards, a short black dress, a red belt, white knee-high boots, and a red earring.

The victim died as the result of a gunshot wound, says DPS.''

''Based on forensic examinations, DPS says the woman is believed to be white or Hispanic, between 20 and 35 years old and about 5 feet 3 inches tall. The woman’s remains possibly had been at the location between one and three years before she was discovered.

DPS has released an updated facial reconstruction based on the woman’s skeletal remains. The image is an approximate likeness based on data obtained from a more recent anthropological analysis. Hairstyle, hair color, and eye color are all open to interpretation and may be different, says DPS.''

''Individuals can also submit information through the Texas Rangers cold case website by clicking on the specific cold case or by calling 1-800-346-3242 (Missing Persons Hotline).''

DPS seeks public’s assistance in 1992 cold case killing

121085357_2812175985727933_4889948824198723286_n.png

Updated facial reconstruction released of woman killed in Refugio County, Texas. Click on image to enlarge

Link - DPS seeks public’s assistance in 1992 cold case killing
===

I think she was quite fashionably dressed with matching black and red accessories and some reconstruction of all of it could be done to jog people memories. Her white boots would stand out in all of it too. @CarlK90245 what do you think?

She was wearing long black leather or vinyl coat, black mini dress, black leotards or hose, and a red belt about 2" wide with a square buckle. Found nearby was one possibly white knee-hi boot (about 14" tall) with a zipper up the back (size 5).
Jewelry: A red leaf design earring, described as cheap.

Hmm. I think Kelle does look more like the original sketch. This UID would have had unique teeth I think: Upper canines congenitally absent.

If I’m understanding properly, based on the one photo of Kelle, she did not have missing canines. Someone else should probably judge this though, I don’t know what this might look like in someone’s photo.

FFC5945E-055C-4B21-B907-62DE7A33003E.jpeg C8929BFF-E1E8-438F-A97D-D0C1CA7A20D3.png

Wow, the new recon looks absolutely NOTHING like the original one, with maybe the exception of the longish face! Hopefully this one is much more accurate!

Inside Texas cold cases: One red earring and a gunshot wound

NQYH4LGFSZD2FI5BAA6TWPFZFE.jpg

On March 2, 1992, the remains of an unidentified woman were found by a pipeline construction crew on a ranch on FM 2678, about four miles east of Refugio. Her remains were covered by dense brush. Clothing found at the scene included a long coat, black leotards, a short black dress, a red belt, white knee-high boots and a red earring. The investigation revealed the woman died from a gunshot wound.

Who was she?

Based on forensic examinations, the woman is believed to have been white or Hispanic, between 20 and 35 years old and approximately 5 feet 3 inches tall. Authorities believe her remains had been at the location between one and three years before they were discovered.
---
An increased reward is being offered in the case. The Texas Department of Public Safety is offering $6,000 for information that leads to the arrest of those responsible for her death if the tip is received before the next featured Texas Rangers cold case is announced.

Inside Texas cold cases: One red earring and a gunshot wound

Is anyone able to see updated rule out list?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back