1077 users online (225 members and 852 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,986

    Technical Difficulties At WS Again....

    4/8/07ANS Forum-Quotes not working.When I tried to use quote function it said done but with errors on the page and they were correct, tons of numbers beside each line, etc. It was a MESS... so I did't use quote function. Copied and pasted quote and then the quote and my post completely ran together with no divisions and well...go look it was a mess...Running posts into quotes with now divisionsNo functions working emoticons, bolding, color, underline, etc. (Can't even copy and paste emoticons to post... Very Strange...Please tell me we are not about to be offline for a time again. (Pretty Please???)
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by angelwngs View Post
    4/8/07ANS Forum-Quotes not working.When I tried to use quote function it said done but with errors on the page and they were correct, tons of numbers beside each line, etc. It was a MESS... so I did't use quote function. Copied and pasted quote and then the quote and my post completely ran together with no divisions and well...go look it was a mess...Running posts into quotes with now divisionsNo functions working emoticons, bolding, color, underline, etc. (Can't even copy and paste emoticons to post... Very Strange...Please tell me we are not about to be offline for a time again. (Pretty Please???)
    Did you try going back into your posts and correcting ithe quotes manually?That should fix it. be careful not to quote a bad post or it carries and gets pretty messy.
    Good luck.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,986
    Seems to be ok now...

    Maybe it was just effecting me and my posts tonight!

    Wonder if... No... Not going to go there... LOL...

    Here's seriously wishing that everything stays cool..............!
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Only think positive thoughts Angelwngs. Good karma is on its way!

    Scandi

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    That was happening to us in the Jury Room the other day- it was quoting the wrong person.
    Today I'm having to log in every time I come in

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat View Post
    That was happening to us in the Jury Room the other day- it was quoting the wrong person.
    Today I'm having to log in every time I come in
    That's similar to me Snarla, I keep getting automatically logged out after only a few minutes and have to keep logging in time and time again. It's a pain because if I am posting, I type my post then I come to click on 'submit' to find that I have been kicked out again and my post hasn't been accepted - so I now have to type my post in a word doc, log back into WS, and quickly copy and paste my post...

    It's doing my head in!!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by lizziedripping View Post
    That's similar to me Snarla, I keep getting automatically logged out after only a few minutes and have to keep logging in time and time again. It's a pain because if I am posting, I type my post then I come to click on 'submit' to find that I have been kicked out again and my post hasn't been accepted - so I now have to type my post in a word doc, log back into WS, and quickly copy and paste my post...

    It's doing my head in!!!!!
    That's what I was having to do!
    And it drove me crazy too- but then it just stopped happening-

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    I had the same problems but everything is fine for me now....touchwood



Similar Threads

  1. Technical/Computer Help with Doc Release
    By lawlady84 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 07:23 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 06:40 PM