1438 users online (325 members and 1113 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WI - Keith Gore, 56, St Francis, 22 March 2007

April 3, 2007 Nearly everyone who knows Keith Gores is baffled. They say he's smart, successful, driven and a devoted husband. At 56, he is head of an investment bank and still runs marathons.
    But the Wisconsin man has been missing for nearly two weeks.
    "People with his personality and his character traits just don't disappear," said his wife, Sara Gores.
    Sara said that the last time she saw her husband, he was late for work and seemed confused.
    "He thought it was Saturday and it was Thursday," she said. "And he said, 'Are you sure it's Thursday?' I said, 'Yeah, I'm positive it's Thursday.'"
    Keith never made it to work that day. Police say he was seen asking for directions to the health club he'd been a member of for 20 years.
    He failed to recognize a friend in the gym parking lot, and was last spotted at a local marina, where investigators found his car.
    Police say they don't suspect any foul play.
    "There's no indication of any kind of criminal involvement at this time," said Brian Kaebisch, chief of the St. Francis Police Department in Wisconsin.

Under Pressure at Work

One possible theory is that Keith suffered a head injury weeks earlier, when he fell while walking his dog.
    Friend Bill Florescu saw him the next day.
    "I could tell he had banged himself up," Florescu said.
    Keith was also under tremendous pressure at work. Days after he hit his head, seven of his employees at a Milwaukee bank quit to form a rival company.
    "He was very stressed out, more than I've seen him," Sara said.
    And his behavior seemed to grow more and more bizarre. The day before he disappeared, surveillance cameras outside the bank captured him pacing in the lobby for an hour.
    Sara believes her husband may have a form of amnesia, a rare but real condition doctors call dissociative fugue.
    "If this is a dissociative fugue state, then stress is probably the cause at some level," said Orrin Devinsky, a professor of neurology and psychiatry at New York University.

Sara has put up billboards and posters, and police have checked the Goreses' bank accounts, phone bills and e-mails but have found few leads.

Sara is still holding on to hope.

"I want him home. I miss him a lot," she said. "He just wouldn't have done this to me and I know when we find him he's going to hate all the tears he's caused me. I know he is."

concerned

This sounds like a possible alzheimers case or a perhaps stroke of some kind. The fall earlier could also have been a stroke that went undiagnosed. Stress from the recent job pressures could have helped raise blood pressure too which could have made a sroke more likely.

Can't rule out mental illness but my initial thoughts are the first 2 things I listed. I hope he is found safe.

This reminds me of that professor in...Oregon???...who was missing for like 2 months and they found him wandering around homeless. They are going to just have to plaster his face everywhere - news, police, jail, ER, shelter, morgue, etc. until they find him.

His poor family must be frantic.

Quote Originally Posted by docwho3 View Post
    This sounds like a possible alzheimers case or a perhaps stroke of some kind. The fall earlier could also have been a stroke that went undiagnosed. Stress from the recent job pressures could have helped raise blood pressure too which could have made a sroke more likely.

Can't rule out mental illness but my initial thoughts are the first 2 things I listed. I hope he is found safe.
    I agree docwho3, it sounds like something relating to the fall or stroke. I hope they find this poor man and can help him.

They have to think deep about where he might have gone in this state of mind. Maybe even somewhere in his past he thinks is the present now.
    I'm sure they've checked all hospitals and homeless shelters in the area.
    I hope he's found soon.

To me, it sounds like a nervous breakdown. Sometimes a nervous breakdown can cause cognitive or memory dysfunction.
    As a matter of fact, a nervous episode can even trigger a stroke. All of the stress factors coupled with an injury to the head could have caused this to happen. I hope they find him safe. He comes from what seems like a loving family.

MG

I'm so horrible. I saw his wife speaking to someone on the news about this and she seemed so matter of fact that I thought maybe she might have had something to do with it!

In any case, I sure hope he's found alive and healthy.

Suspicious minds love WS.

Dr. Perper and others were asked about this today on Court tv and they felt that since there was an injury there must be some injury induced amnesia or stress induced fugue state. I hope they are right and that the poor man hasn't been having mini strokes and had a massive one and is laying somewhere unseen.

How sad for him and the family. I'm sure the wife is just worried sick. She probably didn't even realize how bad he had gotten yet others had noticed a huge difference in his behavior. I hope he is found and brought home so they can get this all figured out. He's on foot now so hopfully he is in the same city and someone will recognize him. I wonder how much money he had with him?

More info.......

The unimaginable became wife's reality

Posted: March 29, 2007

[
    Sara Gores wakes up every morning and tells herself today's the day her husband will be found alive.
    She believes it. She must. It's either that or lose all hope.
    Keith Gores kissed her goodbye eight mornings ago and headed for his job at a downtown bank. That was the last time she saw him.
    "My life is now a Lifetime movie. That's what it feels like," she said as we talked Thursday at her dining room table.
    She cried when she first saw the fliers that would spread her husband's picture and his alarming story throughout the Milwaukee area and well beyond.

Keith Gores has been missing since March 22. His wife, Sara, says they had been achieving their dreams.
    Banker could have amnesia, police say

"You just never imagine a search party looking for your husband. You can't believe that happened to you."
    Sara is trying to stay strong and to think logically. She has considered every scenario.
    Perhaps Keith wandered off in a confused or amnesiac state caused by a head injury that affected his mental functioning in the days before he disappeared.
    About four weeks ago, he fell on the ice and smacked his head on the pavement while walking their dog outside the couple's new condo in St. Francis overlooking Lake Michigan. He was bleeding, and he told his wife he saw stars, but he didn't seek medical attention.
    One day before he vanished, he was spotted pacing for an hour in the lobby of the M&I Bank on Water St., where he's a senior vice president overseeing investment trading. That wasn't normal, Sara said.
    And March 22, the last time Sara saw him, he lounged around the house that morning drinking coffee and watching TV. He thought it was Saturday until Sara pointed out that he needed to go to work.
    "What? Are you sure?" he asked her before bolting off the couch and rushing to shower and put on his blue business suit, white shirt and red tie. He kept covering one eye at a time as if something was wrong with his vision.
    A friend spotted Keith later that morning at the Milwaukee Athletic Club downtown, where he normally works out on Saturdays. The friend spoke to him, but Keith stared straight ahead and did not respond.
    It's possible Keith, 56, was the victim of a crime, although police have told Sara that there's been no activity on the credit cards in the wallet he carried. His locked Audi was found at McKinley Marina near where he docks his sailboat.
    An extensive land and water search of the harbor was fruitless. Hopes were raised by the fact that the marina has half a dozen security cameras, but none of them has worked in a couple years and the county hasn't found the money to get them fixed, St. Francis police said and a marina employee verified.
    Sara does not believe her husband would have gone into the frigid lake water intentionally or in some other way committed suicide. There was no farewell note, and he didn't seem to be busy tying up loose ends recently.
    She also is sure, given the strength of their love and marriage, that he would not have simply run off. He would have told her. Besides, they had a getaway weekend in Chicago planned for the next day.
    Keith was under a lot of stress at the bank in recent weeks, she said. Seven people who worked for him left their jobs to begin a rival company, which created tension and additional work for him.
    Asked about the mass departure, the bank issued this statement Thursday: "When several M&I employees left to pursue other opportunities, we were naturally disappointed, as was Keith. However, in an organization the size of M&I, we recognize this is the nature of doing business today. With full support of executive management, Keith and his team began looking to the future, implementing strategies to recruit new talent to replace the individuals who left, as well as continuing to grow and expand his business line."
    Keith's confidence was shaken, but he seemed to be handling it OK and wasn't depressed, Sara said. He worked hard, often 10 or more hours a day, but he kept his sense of humor, and he talked about retiring in a couple years.
    Keith used to be Sara's boss at the bank. That's how they met. He made her laugh, and they fell in love. He was 45 when they married in 1996, and she was 29. It was the first marriage for both. They have no children.
    They traded in their sprawling home in Brookfield for the condo and stunning lake view six months ago. They also own a cabin in the mountains near Vail, Colo., and are building a larger home next to it. And they are close to buying another condo in the Caribbean.
    Their dreams were all coming true, Sara said. Keith's success in his 33 years at the bank made all this possible. Money was more of a struggle when he and his brother (who now lives in La Crosse) were being raised by a single mother in a Shorewood duplex. Keith graduated from Ripon College and then started at M&I.
    Keith has run 13 marathons, including the one in New York City last November. He liked to run along the lakefront from downtown out to Fox Point.
    Sara drove the route the other day, looking for any trace of her husband. For a while, she wanted to physically search everywhere she thought he could be. Now she's hoping the publicity and newspaper ads in Milwaukee, Denver, Chicago and other cities - "Friends and colleagues are looking for Keith Gores" - will lead to him.
    Sitting at home is like waiting for water to boil, so Sara plans to return to her job at Kesslers Diamonds next week. Staying busy seems to help. And to avoid false hope, she's asked the St. Francis police not to tell her about every tip they're pursuing, only the ones that lead somewhere.
    Sara finds strength in family and friends and in hearing stories about other people who disappeared and showed up safe days or weeks later.
    You've seen Keith Gores' photo. He's 5 feet 6 inches tall and 150 pounds. If you have any information on where he is, call St. Francis Police at (414) 481-2232.

His car was found at the marina, but I'm assuming the boat is still there or they would be looking for him on the water, right?

Typical man, hit his head and didn't go see a doctor. I hope they find him. But no activity on the CCs makes me wonder. Just like the pastor's wife missing in LA/AL, I wonder how long you can go with no money before bad things happen.

Praying for his safe return.

I'm praying for his safe return too.

I also hope the bank is doing a complete audit of the department he worked in.

Not sure if anyone has linked this yet, but they have set up a website for him:
    www.keithgores.com
    This whole thing bothers me because it seems like something that could happen to anyone at anytime. I'm extremely cautious and maybe over protective when it comes to my kids, husband, etc. but this is one of those things you just can't prevent. So very sad!

Quote Originally Posted by MissieMt View Post
    Not sure if anyone has linked this yet, but they have set up a website for him:
    www.keithgores.com
    This whole thing bothers me because it seems like something that could happen to anyone at anytime. I'm extremely cautious and maybe over protective when it comes to my kids, husband, etc. but this is one of those things you just can't prevent. So very sad!
    I agree it is scary, but I do think that it is foolish for people to be careless about an injury, especially a head injury. What does it hurt to have it checked out? A few hours out of your life? A minor inconvenience? This is such a typical male attitude, although I know women who are the same way. Too many times I have seen it come back around to be much more serious, when it could have been easily handled if they would have had medical attention sooner. It is just frustrating.

When I think of what this poor family is going through b/c he probably didn't feel like "wasting time" sitting in the ER. If you hit your head hard enough to "see stars" I think you might want to get it checked out. Even if he thought he was fine, the day he disappeared and didn't know what day it was should have been a major red flag to both he and his wife. He was so sure it was Saturday he questioned her certainty - not just a mix up. He was seriously disoriented.

I hope someone has sent or taken fliers to homeless shelters and soup kitchens. He has to be eating somewhere. He is probably lost and hasn't a clue where he is. I wonder if he still has his wallet. It would have his driver's license in it and other ID. This is just really scary. More then thinking it was Saturday is the fact that he didn't recognize someone that he knew well when he was at the gym. I wish the cameras had been working at the marina. That is so foolish to have cameras that don't work. Why bother with them anyway! This just happens all of the time or the pictures are so bad that you can't tell what a person even looks like.

I sure hope this man shows up or he is found soon. It has to be horrible for both his wife and him.

I take this at face value, and I would hate to be in his wife's position.
    But damn, woman, pull yourself together and do something about it.
    It's Wisconson, not Chicago--you CAN find him. For God's sake--he worked at a BANK--get a reward together. Organize a grid search; rent a vehicle with a loudspeaker and drive block to block if you have to; your husband needs you a lot more than the jewelry store does right now.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast