CONVICTION OVERTURNED NY - Body of newborn found in in trash bag, Brooklyn, 6 April 2007

ajc2804

Reaction score
NEW YORK — A recently born infant girl was found in a garbage bag on a back porch in a Brooklyn neighborhood, and the apparent mother and her two sisters were arrested, police said.
The baby was pronounced dead at a local hospital of asphyxiation and hypothermia, police said. The infant had been born alive, said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the city medical examiner's office
Laura Sergio, 25, who is believed to be the mother, was arrested Saturday and charged her with murder, police said.

*More at link*

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264810,00.html

She's obviously never heard of the safe haven law. :furious: I am upset by this. A 25 year old and a couple of other twenty-somethings? and none of them heard of the Safe Haven Law? None of these nitwits thought let's drop her off in the hospital? They're all a$$holes if you ask me, and all 3 of them should be charged.

yes, a desperate young pregnant woman may not be making much sense, but her 2 sisters???? One of them had to be sane. I can't believe them... they give Brooklyn a bad name.

MG

She's obviously never heard of the safe haven law. :furious: I am upset by this. A 25 year old and a couple of other twenty-somethings? and none of them heard of the Safe Haven Law? None of these nitwits thought let's drop her off in the hospital? They're all a$$holes if you ask me, and all 3 of them should be charged.

yes, a desperate young pregnant woman may not be making much sense, but her 2 sisters???? One of them had to be sane. I can't believe them... they give Brooklyn a bad name.

MG
I agree. I can see a young teen (14-17) being ignorant about Safe Haven, and hiding her pregnancy. But there is NO excuse for these GROWN "women". Nine months is plenty of time to research options, considering her sisters were in cahoots with her. This also makes me :furious: !!!! That little girl deserved to live and didn't have a chance because of the three of them. I'm so sickened by this. :(

From October 2012:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/conviction-tossed-baby-death-article-1.1175346

A first-degree manslaughter conviction of a Brooklyn woman claiming amnesia in the death of her newborn has been tossed by the state Court of Appeals...

The state’s high court ruled Wednesday that prosecutors “failed to provide credible” evidence that Sergio killed her baby... The appellate judges noted paramedics called to her home testified that she couldn’t walk, let alone cut the umbilical cord and dispose of the baby outside...

Initially, Sergio’s sister, Andria, was charged with improper disposal of a human body, and her other sister was charged with obstructing governmental administration in connection with hindering the investigation. Charges were dropped against both sisters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back