1343 users online (344 members and 999 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NM - Barry James Kephart, 11, Albuquerque, 22 Aug 1981

Barry James Kephart
    Missing since August 22, 1981 from Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: July 15, 1970
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 11 years old Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'5; 60 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes.
    AKA: Bucky
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Kephart left a note for his family at their home on the day disappeared, which stated he was going to a friend's house. Kephart was never seen or heard from again.
    In August 2006, Albuquerque police concluded that Bucky was murdered by his parents. According to the final report, Bucky was beaten and killed by his parents, and his remains was disposed of.
    His sister says that the boy wouldn't have written a note for his parents because he was dyslexic. She also recalls hearing her parents beating Bucky the night before he disappeared. His mother died in 2005, and his father will never face any charges because the statute of limitations for murder in 1981 was 15 years, a deadline that lapsed in 1996. The father claims he's innocent, and blames any child abuse on his dead wife.

http://www.doenetwork.org/

Since when was there a SOL on murder?

That's what I would like to know!!!

Exactly. If you get away with it for so long you can basically hold your hands up and admit it. Nothing will happen to you!

Their laws are sure different then ours are. I wonder if that law has changed now but still applys from back then? So is the dad saying that the mom murdered the little boy? I really hate it when a murderer can't be tried and sent to prison. Do the kids say that their mother was abusive too or just the dad? When that man dies he will go straight to hell with no stops on the way.
    Maybe him and the wife will be reunited then

Auramyst is offline One should look for what is, not for what one thinks should be ~Albert Einstein
    The story from Bucky's sister's point of view:

"She hears the crying, the thud-thud-thud of metal on flesh, and she can imagine the whupping her younger brother, Bucky, is getting at the end of her father's brass belt buckle in another room during another night of liquored-up rage, another night when she is told shut up, stay in your room or you'll get some, too.

But as bad as those screams are, Beverly Kephart says the sound that haunts her even more is the silence when the screams stop.....

...One day, she says she hopes to bury her brother with dignity. And if criminal charges against her father aren't possible, she says she hopes he will one day admit what happened to Bucky.

Maybe then the screams will end and the silence will not be something to fear."

http://25missingpersons.proboards.co...lay&thread=904

Praying for peace for Bucky and his sister

Bump

Bucky has been missing 29 years today. Come home soon.

I had no idea there was a statute of limitations for murder back then. I hope one day his sister can lay her brother to rest in peace.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite