GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No new breaks over the weekend in the case of missing 9-1-1 dispatcher Theresa Parker.

Agent Jerry Scott with the G-B-I says officers from the sheriff's department, the F-B-I and his agency continue to work on the case behind the scenes.

http://wdef.com/node/3995

Walker County, Georgia sheriff Steve Wilson says the leads for Theresa Parker are not coming in as frequently but encourages all information to come into his department or the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

~snip~

This afternoon, the NewsChannel 9 investigative team learned the GBI asked for and received a search warrant into the LaFayette police department. We confirmed lockers were searched, but investigators will not reveal what they found.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/_11244___article.html/_.html

Walker County, Georgia sheriff Steve Wilson says the leads for Theresa Parker are not coming in as frequently but encourages all information to come into his department or the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

~snip~

This afternoon, the NewsChannel 9 investigative team learned the GBI asked for and received a search warrant into the LaFayette police department. We confirmed lockers were searched, but investigators will not reveal what they found.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/_11244___article.html/_.html

Sounds like they are suspecting a conspiracy among the Lafayette PD. The arrest of Chaffin must have had something to do with this search warrant. Maybe there is more than one officer trying to protect Sam.

This is a confusing case I am glad FBI is assisting.

I wonder just who the lawyer is - could it be his fishing partner that day or a close friend of the fishing friend. I guess I could be satisfied waiting to know information on this case if I could feel assured that they will pursue this all the way. Has anyone seen any press conferences regarding this case from the FBI or GBI? Poor Theresa is not a disposable human being -no human being is - but I do hope that this will not be swept under a cruiser mat and become a cold case.
A question: the phone call from the marital home - could it have been made by Theresa in a last attempt to reach her sister and the phone was pulled away from her? Are they checking all land line phone records?
How about deluging the police station with cards and letters in support of Theresa being found and not to forget her? It would also give other 911 operators who were good friends with her a needed boost.

There's a lawyer in the area named Ken Poston who (I think) used to also be a state representative....he's taken on several high profile cases over the years. I can very easily see this being his kind of case....will be interesting to see who the lawyer really turns out to be!

Tonight on UCTV(a local channel)on Night Talk they were talking to Christina,Theresa's sister.She was talking about a psychic her other sister Hilda has been talking to.The psychic said Theresa is near water but not in water and that there is sand around.People were calling in suggesting a few places in the area that would fit that.One of those is close to Floyd County line apparently.Also someone asked if a well across the street from the residence had been searched and Christina said to her knowledge it had not.She also mentioned a well on the property.They also talked about 2 of Theresa's friends getting phone calls from her phone but noone being on the phone.It was suggested by someone that maybe someone had gotten a hold of her cellphone and was calling people listed in her contacts.

here is the link for the station but there is nothing posted on their site about anything from the show.

http://www.uctv3.com/index.html

Lisahas2cats"It just seems like Walker gets way more than its fair share of bad "stuff", kwim? Seems like a few years ago there was a body found on Lookout that was something like 2 feet out of Dade into Walker, so Walker got to deal with that too."

Yes crazy things go on here.I am from Alabama but moved up here when I married my second husband.I have only lived here for a couple of years so am not real familiar with much of the area.I live in Rossville close to Ridgeland High School and I work at the Walmart in Fort Oglethorpe.The man who tried to rob the Fort O Walmart has gone on trial this week.Luckily I did not work at the Walmart then but people I work with talk about it a lot and quite a few of them were there when it happened.I have also had customers tell me about being there when it happened.I talked to a Fort Oglethorpe LE who comes in the store quite a bit and he said he knows SP and that knowing him it definitely doesn't look good for Theresa that was all he would say.I was not able to help when they had the searches last weekend as I was working.

UPDATE------
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...ID=797249&CategoryID=3511&show=localnews&om=0

Sam Parker Hires Attn.

Snippet from above news article.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]The flow of information surrounding the search for missing 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker is slowing to a trickle. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson, however, is encouraging the public to continue contacting authorities with relevant tips.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]

Snippet
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]The sheriff on Tuesday confirmed that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation on Thursday, April 5, searched police lockers at the LaFayette Department of Public Safety.

Soooo the lockers at the PD got searched on 4/5....the same day SP retains an attorney. Interesting.

The psychic said Theresa is near water but not in water and that there is sand around.People were calling in suggesting a few places in the area that would fit that.

First thing that popped in my mind when reading this was that there's a Sand Mountain within 40 minutes of LaFayette...very rural, and there's an old rock quarry.

Sam Parker, the estranged husband of missing Walker County 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker, has hired a lawyer, Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said.

~snip~

Mr. Parker's lawyers have instructed him not to talk anymore with Georgia Bureau of Investigation officials, Sheriff Wilson said.

~snip~

Jonathan Wilson, Mrs. Parker's brother-in-law, who is no relation to Sheriff Wilson, said more vigils are being planned for later in the week.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/breaking.aspx?articleid=13664&zoneid=41

~snip~

Misty Alexander of Lafayette Physical Therapy says, "What can you do but wait and hope they find out something, find some answers, what happened to her?"
Debbi Hix placed a sign outside her flower shop asking for prayer for Theresa Parker. Hix says, "The community is taking it on as well and not being able to imagine what the family is going through."

http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=7503

"48 Hours" is considering covering the search for Theresa Parker.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=797670&CategoryID=3511&on=1

That is great news and I hope they do. Time is of the essence though, so hopefully they are filming it as we speak!~

They searched the lockers. That is really interesting because it was done almost a month after she went missing. If you were an officer in that division and you had been in on the scoop somehow, wouldn't you cover your tail right away to make sure there was no evidence of your participation? I wonder what they could think of finding after a month had gone by, especially since you are invetigating guys who know the ropes!

And I'm wondering how other officers could be involved to where the FBI thinks there might be evidence of their involvement in their lockers. What would they keep? A note from another cop telling something about Ben or Sam and the crime? Scandi

That is great news and I hope they do. Time is of the essence though, so hopefully they are filming it as we speak!~

They searched the lockers. That is really interesting because it was done almost a month after she went missing. If you were an officer in that division and you had been in on the scoop somehow, wouldn't you cover your tail right away to make sure there was no evidence of your participation? I wonder what they could think of finding after a month had gone by, especially since you are invetigating guys who know the ropes!

And I'm wondering how other officers could be involved to where the FBI thinks there might be evidence of their involvement in their lockers. What would they keep? A note from another cop telling something about Ben or Sam and the crime? Scandi

Well, there's stupid criminals and then there are stupid criminal cops :silenced:

I'm glad they're trying every avenue to be thorough. It's been pretty quiet....

Sounds like they are suspecting a conspiracy among the Lafayette PD. The arrest of Chaffin must have had something to do with this search warrant. Maybe there is more than one officer trying to protect Sam.

This is a confusing case I am glad FBI is assisting.

I thought maybe they were looking for something to connect someone with the murder. What better place to hide something then in a officer's locker! I think that is what they are doing. They would need a warrent to check anything out in case they found something so that it would hold up in court.

Hmmmmm Hi Bobbiesangel, Could it be possible they got a tip that someone was hiding evidence in their locker? Maybe a snitch in the dept who overheard or saw something?

Hmmmmm Hi Bobbiesangel, Could it be possible they got a tip that someone was hiding evidence in their locker? Maybe a snitch in the dept who overheard or saw something?

Or maybe just covering all bases since SP is a POI and BC was busted for giving false info about something to do with this case. I would suspect that all lockers were searched regardless if the locker was assigned to anyone specifically. What a deal to leave something of interest in an empty locker right there under their noses so to speak. Not sayin there was but what easy access and all AND the irony. There was a report that "forensic evidence" was removed from SP's squad car and/or home and the GBI has it at the lab (from one of the FNC reporters on scene)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken