Missing Adult Alert System - Petition - Please Read & Sign

LionRun

Former Member
Reaction score
Good morning sleuthers. I found this petition to develop a missing adult alert system. I read it and signed it, and I thought some or hopefully most of you will do the same. I think such a system is so long overdue, and sadly there is no way to know how many could have been saved had we had this sooner. Some of the missing may be forever lost, and some will not survive despite an alert system. But, I believe that some can be saved.

Below is a copy of the petition with a link to the sign. It only took me 1 minute, and I have dial up that is 5 times slower than the old dial up from yesteryear--:eek:uhk!

Lion

http://www.petitiononline.com/adalert/petition.html

A Petition for an Adult Alert System
This is something the FindMonica Foundation feels strongly about. Please take a few minutes to sign the petition and send it to all your friends.

The Petition

To: Lawmakers, Law Enforcement Officials, and the Media

"We, the undersigned, believe the time has come for the development and implementation of an adult emergency alert system designed to resemble the Amber Alert already in place for missing children. We realize that most adults (age 18 and over) are legally capable of making sound decisions in their best interest (with the exception of those suffering from Alzheimer's Disease & some affected by mental illness), however we cannot ignore the fact that crimes resulting in the kidnapping or disappearance of adults occur every day. Yet it is most unfortunate that adults reported missing are in most cases not officially declared as such for 48 hours, by which time crucial search hours are forever lost, making safe recovery less likely. Through the creation of a system, which would alert the public to information regarding a missing adult sooner, we could increase the chances for a positive outcome, by reducing the number of hours lost in the first 48 hours.

While criteria for an adult alert system are yet to be determined, for the sake of families & victims such as Alice Donovan of Galivants Ferry, S.C., abducted from a Wal-Mart parking lot by two prison escapees on the afternoon of November 14th, 2002, we ask that you, our lawmakers, law enforcement and media, consider this issue as one of highest priority."

Sign the Petition Here

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back