"In the end I thought: 'Why not?'" affair with Sean Connery

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Because he was a married man, dear.

although i would never condone Sean Connery's apparent violence towards women, i'm struck by this particular woman's stupidity:

The singer bitterly regrets her affair with the actor, which began in 1989 when they met at a party. His second wife Micheline was sitting on the next sofa to Lynsey, but that did not stop him chatting her up and asking for her phone number.

"I didn't want to have an affair with him and I tried to keep our relationship platonic but he pursued me relentlessly. He wasn't my type at all because I'm not usually attracted to the macho type.

"At the time I didn't detect his violent side. All I saw was this charming man who quoted Robbie Burns, wrote his own poetry and had even written a ballet. I'm a sucker for all that.

"In the end I thought: 'Why not?' I didn't know his wife so I didn't feel I was betraying her by having an affair."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=447625&in_page_id=1773

I think the goal of her message about violence is commendable even if she did have an affair.
Also she has aged well!

I think the goal of her message about violence is commendable even if she did have an affair.
Also she has aged well!

Yes, i'd certainly agree with you on both points you make there.

Also she has aged well!

Commendable or condemnable?

Errr...sorry, misread that. But I guess you can say, violence is condemnable, and her message about it is commendable.

Hmph, never heard of the bimbo. Women's reasoning who become involved with married men is ridiculous. She didn't know his wife so she didn't feel bad?

I'm not a big Sean Connery fan.. I never thought he was all that great looking. With that said, I blame him for the affair, he's the one who is cheating on his wife, not her.. Heck, if it wasn't this woman it would be someone else. Mind you, he's a famous movie star, he's going to have woman throwing themselves at him, it's his job to just say NO... lol :D yeah, like that will happen :rolleyes:

i always liked sean connery, mostly for his accent. my favorite of his movies is the one where he is the voice of an old dragon lol.

personally i dont much care what movie stars do in their private lives. as long as they do their job well, i dont care what they do to stay famous.

having an affair is wrong on so many levels. bragging about it later is yukky. but it is part of being famous, i guess.

I'm not a big Sean Connery fan.. I never thought he was all that great looking. With that said, I blame him for the affair, he's the one who is cheating on his wife, not her.. Heck, if it wasn't this woman it would be someone else. Mind you, he's a famous movie star, he's going to have woman throwing themselves at him, it's his job to just say NO... lol :D yeah, like that will happen :rolleyes:

I agree; I would blame it mostly on him, too.

I'm more appalled he beats women, and doesn't even try to hide it, than him having an affair!

although i would never condone Sean Connery's apparent violence towards women, i'm struck by this particular woman's stupidity:
"In the end I thought: 'Why not?' I didn't know his wife so I didn't feel I was betraying her by having an affair."[/I]

exactly Floh. :doh:

What a strange woman and interview. One sentence she is talking about her many affairs with stars and how sexually active she would be now in her fifties and then the next sentence talking about child abuse and self defense for women. I also didn't particularly care to hear about Sean Connery thinking it okay to slap women since he is an old man and why use his name now. What the heck is her point besides promoting self defense for women and an unintended lesson in why morals might be better than sleeping around.

"In the end I thought: 'Why not?' I didn't know his wife so I didn't feel I was betraying her by having an affair."[/I]

exactly Floh. :doh:

Hey there Glow. i don't recall seeing you for a while. hope all is well with thee. :)

This story is no different than all the other stars who are constantly swapping spouses.

I'm just sick of the fact that someone interviews and sensationalizes all these people!!

There is something about him that has always been a huge turn off. I have heard that he treated women poorly and that alone makes him uglier than ugly. Whatever, he's old enough to be my grandfather anyway.

I've never heard of this chick. Probably b/c I'm American, LOL. The only one I'm jealous of her for is RINGO!!!!!! :snooty: :D

Damn it, I am inspired by this woman's story....

Jennifer Anniston....why not
Kate Hudson....why not
Salma Hhhhhhayek.....oh why not baby
Penelope Cruz.....why not

I like this woman's style!

Cal

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics