918 users online (157 members and 761 guests)  

Websleuths News

Actor/politician Fred Thompson has lymphoma

"WASHINGTON - Fred Thompson, the potential presidential candidate better known as television's gruff "Law & Order" district attorney, said Wednesday he was diagnosed with lymphoma more than two years ago but the cancer shouldn't affect his life expectancy."

Link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070411/...hompson_cancer

I wonder why he's announcing this now? Perhaps a tabloid got wind of it? Prayers to Fred, I think he's a good guy.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Terrible. My cousin has lymphoma, but her prognosis is not good. She's 35 and her lymphoma is non-hodgkins. She's had bone marrow transplant, chemo and the whole thing...it just keeps coming back.

I really hated to hear this news. Fred was our Senator and we love him here in these parts! One of my dear childhood friends was his press secretary while he was in office and she's terribly sad about this. I would say he's announced this now because of the "pressure" that seemed to be there for him to run in 08.

Sorry about your cousin, Krisnine. It appears that Fred has a less aggressive type and it is in remission. I didn't realize that his daughter died from a heart attack! It says that at the end of the article.

I've always liked Fred and think that he is a good actor.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    Sorry about your cousin, Krisnine. It appears that Fred has a less aggressive type and it is in remission. I didn't realize that his daughter died from a heart attack! It says that at the end of the article.

Same here and I would vote for him.

Most presidents (and some candidates) release their medical histories and physical exam results. Since he's contemplating a run for president, he probably wants to get out in front of the story, so it doesn't look as if he was hiding it.

Fred Thompson is a great guy and it is a shame to hear this news. He and my boss do a lot of speaking events together.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post

Thanks, Nan Hers is really agressive. She's been battling it for a few years.

It sure is sad to read that about his daughter...shocking, too.

A dad at our school has it, but he is in remission. It's been about the same amount of time since his diagnosis...maybe 3 years. He's doing well though.

I assume Fred is just releasing this as part of the drill of running for office. I hope he continues to do well.