Actor/politician Fred Thompson has lymphoma

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
"WASHINGTON - Fred Thompson, the potential presidential candidate better known as television's gruff "Law & Order" district attorney, said Wednesday he was diagnosed with lymphoma more than two years ago but the cancer shouldn't affect his life expectancy."

Link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070411/ap_on_go_co/thompson_cancer

I wonder why he's announcing this now? Perhaps a tabloid got wind of it? Prayers to Fred, I think he's a good guy.

Terrible. My cousin has lymphoma, but her prognosis is not good. She's 35 and her lymphoma is non-hodgkins. She's had bone marrow transplant, chemo and the whole thing...it just keeps coming back.

I really hated to hear this news. Fred was our Senator and we love him here in these parts! One of my dear childhood friends was his press secretary while he was in office and she's terribly sad about this. I would say he's announced this now because of the "pressure" that seemed to be there for him to run in 08.

Sorry about your cousin, Krisnine. It appears that Fred has a less aggressive type and it is in remission. I didn't realize that his daughter died from a heart attack! It says that at the end of the article. :(

I've always liked Fred and think that he is a good actor. :)

Sorry about your cousin, Krisnine. It appears that Fred has a less aggressive type and it is in remission. I didn't realize that his daughter died from a heart attack! It says that at the end of the article. :(

Same here and I would vote for him.

Most presidents (and some candidates) release their medical histories and physical exam results. Since he's contemplating a run for president, he probably wants to get out in front of the story, so it doesn't look as if he was hiding it.

Fred Thompson is a great guy and it is a shame to hear this news. He and my boss do a lot of speaking events together.

Thanks, Nan :) Hers is really agressive. She's been battling it for a few years.

It sure is sad to read that about his daughter...shocking, too.

A dad at our school has it, but he is in remission. It's been about the same amount of time since his diagnosis...maybe 3 years. He's doing well though.

I assume Fred is just releasing this as part of the drill of running for office. I hope he continues to do well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back