963 users online (139 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Breaking News Jackson County GA

It is being reported that a 14 year old male student entered the administrative offices in a Jackson County GA School with a Bomb strapped to his back.

Students were evacuated to the football field and remained there standing in the rain, until offiials, stormed the office and apprehended the 14 year old student.

No further details at this time...
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

MORE DETAILS: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11619142/d...11000204112007
    Student With Explosive Device Forces School Evacuation
    NOON UPDATE: Police confirm the student did have an explosive device strapped to
    himself. Bomb squad members are working to defuse the device. 10:45 UPDATE: The student who claimed he had a bomb has surrendered. 10:30 UPDATE: Officials say the "situation is under control." All students have
    been moved to the Jefferson Civic Center.
    10:15 UPDATE: School officials confirm a student at the school claims he has an
    explosive device.
    BREAKING NEWS: Students at Jackson County high school in Jefferson have been
    evacutated.

Thank you for posting the documented report, Christine!

What in Blue Blaze is going on in this world?I think I might go live on the moon.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

THANK YOU for posting this. I taught in a neighboring high school until June 2006! I have friends who teach in Jefferson; I'll have to check in with everybody tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    THANK YOU for posting this. I taught in a neighboring high school until June 2006! I have friends who teach in Jefferson; I'll have to check in with everybody tonight!

Hi Pandora, just wondered which county you taught in? I am in the next county over from Jackson, in Barrow County. I am very very sad and frightened to hear this, my kids are still in elementary but I am still scared for them because this kind of thing is happening too much, and too often.

oh great,, now the crazy schoolkids of this country are getting their ideas from the crazy muslims of the middle east. terrific.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    What in Blue Blaze is going on in this world?I think I might go live on the moon.
    Can we come, too?

I don't know what is going on in the world today. This craziness is everywhere!
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Hi Pandora, just wondered which county you taught in? I am in the next county over from Jackson, in Barrow County. I am very very sad and frightened to hear this, my kids are still in elementary but I am still scared for them because this kind of thing is happening too much, and too often.
    I was in Franklin County--at the high school. Everyone I know in Jackson Co. is fine, just REALLY shaken up. The attitude there (as in Franklin) was: not here--it'll never happen here. Due to the availability of weapons in NEGA, my philosophy was always why NOT here?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I was in Franklin County--at the high school. Everyone I know in Jackson Co. is fine, just REALLY shaken up. The attitude there (as in Franklin) was: not here--it'll never happen here. Due to the availability of weapons in NEGA, my philosophy was always why NOT here?
    Bus Driver's window got shot out here a couple of years ago...

Principal was killed by student prior to that...

Georiga is no exception...Pan... I understand where you are coming from.

I no longer teach here... The system just quit working here... The student's well-being is no longer top priority... and I couldn't handle it any longer...

Bomb Threat Statham Elementary School, Barrow County, GA
    Jackson and Barrow Counties border each other.

4/12/07

No busses being allowed to unload students...

Total Chaos... Pandemonium...

Insanity...

(Probably a 'spin-off/copy-cat' of yesterday's Jackson County Bomb "Incident"...

????????????????

This is CRAZY...

When will adults realize our children need more of us than we are offering...them....

Adiministration, teachers, parents, and everyone who gives a rip...better wake up!
    Last edited by angelwngs; 04-12-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Winder Barrow Middle School and Winder Barrow High School... Students... Not being Allowed now to Enter their schools either....

Chaos...........

Insanity.....

Pandemonium.....

Dear Lord in Heaven...

This is what an emergency looks like in our 'well grounded..." educational system!

Bus Drivers being told to not unload any students to both WB- MIDDLE AND WB-HIGH SCHOOL...

Students on bus... with no where to go...

????

What a wonderful implimentation of a non-existant Emergency Transportation Plan!

Every parking lot in town around high school is filled with students (who drive to school)who have no idea what to do or where to go...

Local radio station says..:

School System has now removed the 'lock down' and school is continuing today as 'normal'...

???

Yeah... right.

Parking lots still full....

Parents picking up children right and left at every school in county...

"normal"...

NOT

Chaos...

Yes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast