Man Awarded $786,760 in Testicle Injury Lawsuit

White Rain

Reaction score
AKRON, Ohio — A jury awarded $786,760 to an Ohio man who says he has endured years of pain and must walk bowlegged after his left testicle was struck by a broken weight-machine bar at an athletic club.
"I can barely walk, let alone run. There's a constant throbbing of pain. I mean, it's my testicle. That's a very uncomfortable spot to feel pain," said Jason Houston, 25, adding that sex is tenuous following the February 2004 injury at a local YWCA, the Akron Beacon Journal reported in its Wednesday editions.
Houston, who won the award Monday, was lifting about 150 pounds on a leg extension machine when a cable broke. That caused a center steel rod with an adjusting ball to swing 180 degrees into his groin.
Robert Meeker, the attorney who represented Houston during a weeklong civil trial, said the machine had broken twice before while in use. According to court papers, duct tape covered part of the rod.
Houston has been receiving treatment for pain since. A nerve pain blocker was installed, but that has not corrected all the pain. (more at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,265308,00.html

AKRON, Ohio — A jury awarded $786,760 to an Ohio man who says he has endured years of pain and must walk bowlegged after his left testicle was struck by a broken weight-machine bar at an athletic club.
"I can barely walk, let alone run. There's a constant throbbing of pain. I mean, it's my testicle. That's a very uncomfortable spot to feel pain," said Jason Houston, 25, adding that sex is tenuous following the February 2004 injury at a local YWCA, the Akron Beacon Journal reported in its Wednesday editions.
Houston, who won the award Monday, was lifting about 150 pounds on a leg extension machine when a cable broke. That caused a center steel rod with an adjusting ball to swing 180 degrees into his groin.
Robert Meeker, the attorney who represented Houston during a weeklong civil trial, said the machine had broken twice before while in use. According to court papers, duct tape covered part of the rod.
Houston has been receiving treatment for pain since. A nerve pain blocker was installed, but that has not corrected all the pain. (more at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,265308,00.html

Well here is a thought...chop of the ball and then there won't be any more pain!

*thinking* In middle school, sometimes my foot would fly up and kick a guy in the testicle. It happened several times. We won't even go INTO the damage I did to testicles when I started dating obnoxious guys in high school!

I hope no one ever sues the owner of my foot!

Seriously though - OUCH!

I wouldn't use any weight machine that had been duct-taped back together. :rolleyes:

I held off viewing this thread for almost 10 hours. I can't believe I finally gave in!

I see. This guy has fathered a child and is going to get married, but had to quit college and leave jobs....because of the pain. :waitasec:

I'd say he has balls, but.....:rolleyes:

I wonder if the finace would sacrifice one for that kind of money? Take one for the team...Though seriously, I don't doubt that he could be in a lot of pain.

why does he need two? He has another, and fathered. woman are able to reproduce without two ovaries......

and sorry, but I can not imagine groin pain would come even close to labour pain. (maybe the comparison should be polled..... :p )

But, yay for the dude, he got close to a million for it........ :rolleyes:

I don't think this is so outrageous. The cable had broken and not been properly repaired. He will be in pain for the rest of his life. I'm sure he has had medical expenses and will probably have many more as they try to find ways to alleviate the pain. That's not a huge amount of money compared to what some people get for spilling hot coffee on themselves, killing themselves with cigarettes and alchohol, etc.

I don't think this is so outrageous. The cable had broken and not been properly repaired. He will be in pain for the rest of his life. I'm sure he has had medical expenses and will probably have many more as they try to find ways to alleviate the pain. That's not a huge amount of money compared to what some people get for spilling hot coffee on themselves, killing themselves with cigarettes and alchohol, etc.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

I'm sorry... I can't resist...

Your "quote" on your every post says it all...

I can only imagine how this injury "took his breath away"....

why does he need two? He has another, and fathered. woman are able to reproduce without two ovaries......

and sorry, but I can not imagine groin pain would come even close to labour pain. (maybe the comparison should be polled..... :p )

But, yay for the dude, he got close to a million for it........ :rolleyes:

You know, if child birth were left to the men of this world...we would be an extinct species:hand: Heck, I doubt many of them could stand menstrual cramps on a monthly basis. Like I said in my previous post, cut off the damn ball and stop the whinning about it:D

I think you can get by with one testicle, no? Just a little amputation, that's all. No more pain.

Women get by with one all the time. (breasts that is)

All I know is that some personal injury lawsuits are quite valid, others are ridiculous. Depends on the attorney and the jury, etc. I'm sure the attorney will get half of what he got.

Workman's comp is another big crock, where probably only half the cases were truly injured in a permanent way on the job - people are dying to take advantage of that system.

I think you can get by with one testicle, no? Just a little amputation, that's all. No more pain.

Women get by with one all the time. (breasts that is)

All I know is that some personal injury lawsuits are quite valid, others are ridiculous. Depends on the attorney and the jury, etc. I'm sure the attorney will get half of what he got.

Workman's comp is another big crock, where probably only half the cases were truly injured in a permanent way on the job - people are dying to take advantage of that system.

They could remove the testicle and even put in a prothetic one so he looks "normal"

Having said that, I don't have a problem with him suing- the gym is liable for keeping their equipment in safe, working condition and clearly, they didn't.

Must have been quite a few men on THAT jury:blushing: !

Back in my paralegal days, the attorney I worked for had a client who had gone to a urologist and had his penis burned when the urologist put the wrong type of solution on it. The man kept a daily record with pictures.

Anyway, after he retained my attorney and handed over his documentation, it was up to me to put together what became forever known throughout the firm as "The Penis Scrapbook." Not bad for a skinny white boy, I thought while preparing the book to send with a demand letter to the doctor's insurance company. There was some very minor scarring and skin discoloration, and I am sure it hurt when it happened, but he didn't sustain any long term damage and the client assured me on the telephone whenever we talked "that everything still worked very well" wink! wink!

We sent the letter and the scrapbook to the male insurance rep demanding $100K. He offered us $60K within two days of receiving my magnum opus and the check was sent out by the end of the week.

When the claim was resolved and Penis Man paid, he called to thank me for my hard work and to let me know that he was going to be in town for the weekend and since I had seen SO much of him, he thought it only fair that he get to meet me. Yikes!!

I did let him buy me a drink, and I think he was disappointed that it went no further than that. Some guys will use any excuse as an effort to get a little action!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Must have been quite a few men on THAT jury:blushing: !

Back in my paralegal days, the attorney I worked for had a client who had gone to a urologist and had his penis burned when the urologist put the wrong type of solution on it. The man kept a daily record with pictures.

Anyway, after he retained my attorney and handed over his documentation, it was up to me to put together what became forever known throughout the firm as "The Penis Scrapbook." Not bad for a skinny white boy, I thought while preparing the book to send with a demand letter to the doctor's insurance company. There was some very minor scarring and skin discoloration, and I am sure it hurt when it happened, but he didn't sustain any long term damage and the client assured me on the telephone whenever we talked "that everything still worked very well" wink! wink!

We sent the letter and the scrapbook to the male insurance rep demanding $100K. He offered us $60K within two days of receiving my magnum opus and the check was sent out by the end of the week.

When the claim was resolved and Penis Man paid, he called to thank me for my hard work and to let me know that he was going to be in town for the weekend and since I had seen SO much of him, he thought it only fair that he get to meet me. Yikes!!

I did let him buy me a drink, and I think he was disappointed that it went no further than that. Some guys will use any excuse as an effort to get a little action!

That is freakin' hilarious!!! He must have thought it was downright irresistable (but don't they all???:doh: )

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is freakin' hilarious!!! He must have thought it was downright irresistable (but don't they all???:doh: )

It was hilarious! He was kinda cute, but the mystery was ALL gone by the time I met him. Ha ha!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back