1158 users online (176 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Adrianne Jones, 16, Cadet Murder, 4 Dec 1995

Diane was on one of the primetime shows this week, (sorry I forgot which one) and I was just wondering if anyone else watched?
    She was saying David Graham lied about him and Adrienne sleeping together, and that it was NOT her idea to kill Adrienne, that she never hit Adrienne, blah blah blah.
    She took a lie detector test for the show, and needless to say she showed deception on every single question she was asked.

I remember this case--Why these 2 did not get the death penalty I'll never know--such a pathetic crime

here's a link, it was on dateline:
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....3b5a395d.html

Convicted killer Diane Zamora will break her long silence about Grand Prairie's infamous "Cadet Murders" on Sunday in a prison interview on Dateline NBC.
    "She still says she had no plan that night to kill Adrianne Jones," said Adam Gorfain, a senior producer with NBC. "She went out there to talk to Adrianne with David" Graham.
    Ms. Zamora, 29, and Mr. Graham, her boyfriend, were convicted in 1998 of luring Ms. Jones, 16, of Mansfield to a lonely country road and killing her with a blow to the head and two gunshots to the face on Dec. 4, 1995. Ms. Jones' body was found the next morning in a field near Joe Pool Lake. (more at link)

I watched a small part of this program. I was hoping she would finally admit her guilt and say she was sorry (having been young and stupid at the time this crime occured) but when I realized she was still denying any guilt, I switched channels. She's lame.
    Step right up and see the Yakwoman! Only 25 cents a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakwoman View Post
    I watched a small part of this program. I was hoping she would finally admit her guilt and say she was sorry (having been young and stupid at the time this crime occured) but when I realized she was still denying any guilt, I switched channels. She's lame.
    I watched it and what I thought was weird was that she NOW denies guilt but she confessed to it back then. She had me listening until she flunked the poly on all related questions. I will say I think her boyfriend is a real sociopath. He seems evil. She's STILL hung up on him, too, you could tell.

Eve

What a psychopath this chick is.

I fully believe the initial version that he said he had sex with the victim and she "guilted" him into killing her as atonement for it.

What I am confused about is that the article claims he never really did have sex with Adrienne Jones???

That part I never heard and wonder what proof they have of that.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Diane was on one of the primetime shows this week, (sorry I forgot which one) and I was just wondering if anyone else watched?
    She was saying David Graham lied about him and Adrienne sleeping together, and that it was NOT her idea to kill Adrienne, that she never hit Adrienne, blah blah blah.
    She took a lie detector test for the show, and needless to say she showed deception on every single question she was asked.
    Yes, I watched and it was "Dateline".

She's still guilty as sin in my book.

I watched. A whole 2 hours of my life I will never get back. I believe that David was and is a psychopath that liked screwing with peoples minds but I also believe that Diane is lying through her teeth now. She made it sound like after they killed AJ and left her in that field like she was tore up and David was controlling every moment of her life. I am not buying it. I knew Diane and every time I saw her she was upbeat, smiling and bragging about how great her life was going. She was not around David all of the time. She went to a different school than David, was really involved at her school (with no David around) and worked a lot at her job in the mall. She went to an Academy across the country from him so he must not have been that controlling. It seemed to me watching though that she has thought up of an angle to work to make her the victim (abused, dominated and forced to participate in AJs death) to take blame off of her. IMO she knew that she failed that test before the results were even given. Her whole interview was painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton View Post
    I remember this case--Why these 2 did not get the death penalty I'll never know--such a pathetic crime
    The victim's parents did not want them tried with the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post

I fully believe the initial version that he said he had sex with the victim and she "guilted" him into killing her as atonement for it.

What I am confused about is that the article claims he never really did have sex with Adrienne Jones???

He admitted that he never slept with Adrienne but told Diane that he did. Also the night he told Diane he slept with her while driving her home (the night that was supposed to be the reason for this killing) he was not even the person that drove her home. One of her friends drove her home that night.

My recollection is that she was dating someone else at college and he told her he slept with Adrienne to make her jealous and get her back but that actually he had not. Makes a terrible tragedy even more sad because she was killed based on a lie. It also makes me think she had to be involved because if he knew he was lying, you would think he'd resist a bit killing her although yeah, he's psycho. Also I think the stories she told the roommates who eventually tattled implied she was a willing participant. So she can say the police coerced her, but she was telling the same story voluntarily before her arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post

I think that he did have sex with the girl. I think the reason that he said that he didn't was to somehow remove the motive for the crime. He thought that he could use it in his appeal.

I think that it went as you say, murder her for having sex with her. Dianne Zamora isn't even a good liar. I saw the show and just had to shake my head. She is pathetic. I wish that Adrienne had been given a chance to beat the crap out of her.

What a sad thing for this young girl to be duped into going with these two psychopaths. And, yes, as a previous poster said, they should have received the death penalty for this senseless crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Malapoo View Post
    My recollection is that she was dating someone else at college and he told her he slept with Adrienne to make her jealous and get her back but that actually he had not. Makes a terrible tragedy even more sad because she was killed based on a lie. It also makes me think she had to be involved because if he knew he was lying, you would think he'd resist a bit killing her although yeah, he's psycho. Also I think the stories she told the roommates who eventually tattled implied she was a willing participant. So she can say the police coerced her, but she was telling the same story voluntarily before her arrest.
    Nope, your recollection fails you. The young girl was murdered by the two before they went away to military academies. He went to the Air Force Academy; she went to the Naval Academy. She told several midshipmen that she had murdered someone. They were compelled to tell their superiors. That got the ball rolling.

Coincidently I just got through reading about this case. This Crime Library article is a good refresher coarse.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou.../zamora/1.html

Yeah, when she was given that airplane ticket back to Texas she changed the location and instead went running straight to David at his academy. If she wasn't involved and was so afraid of him she'd have high-tailed it back home in a heartbeat.

The lie detector test wasn't needed in my opionion. Just listening to her trying to explain why she hid in the trunk to meet the victim was enough for me. This little honey is sick. Her boyfriend is where he belongs too. Its hard to accept that a young woman was murdered by these two as they argued boyfriend and girlfriend stuff. They are both pathetic.

Snipped:

More than 20 years after she was convicted of murdering Adrianne Jones, Diane Zamora tears up thinking about her teenage victim.

“It wasn’t her fault, but she wouldn’t have been in that position had I not lost my temper,” Zamora tells People Magazine Investigates from behind bars. Monday night’s episode of the Investigation Discovery series will focus on the case.
    http://people.com/crime/diane-zamora...-jones-murder/
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast