Kurt Vonnegut dies at 84

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,265453,00.html

NEW YORK — Kurt Vonnegut, the satirical novelist who captured the absurdity of war and questioned the advances of science in darkly humorous works such as "Slaughterhouse-Five" and "Cat's Cradle," has died. He was 84.
Vonnegut, who often marveled that he had lived so long despite his lifelong smoking habit, had suffered brain injuries after a fall at his Manhattan home weeks ago, said his wife, photographer Jill Krementz. He died Wednesday.

Sad to hear but he lived a long life--If anybody gets a chance, check out SLAUGHTERHOUSE 5, a 1972 film based on one of his books--excellent,unique film

Sad to hear but he lived a long life--If anybody gets a chance, check out SLAUGHTERHOUSE 5, a 1972 film based on one of his books--excellent,unique film

The movie was good, but, as usual, the book was better!

I was so sad to hear about his passing... guess I thought he'd live forever.

He was one of my favorites, but it sounds like he was ready to go.

I hope all is well with him, now.

This news saddens me so! I discovered Vonnegut's genius when I was a very young teenager and I read "Breakfast of Champions". I was hooked. (Get it? Kilgore Trout?:rolleyes: ) I then began reading almost everything he wrote before and after that. What an amazing talent. What a complicated man. Rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back