TX TX - Selena Kuykendall & 5 other unsolved homicides in Lubbock, 1999-2007

txsvicki

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Another Lubbock woman has been found dead laying on the outskirts of town and is the 4th victim found under similar circumstances. This woman lived in an area and frequented an area where several other women were stun gunned, abducted, bound, gagged, raped, then released out in a country area last year. Also, Jennifer Wilkerson and Peggy Merrimon are still missing.
http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=6358839

This is horrific in itself and the implications lead to thoughts someone is getting away with systematic murder over and over again.

could it be more than one person involved in the abductions? some kind of 'club'?

It seems th have several missing and or murdered young women in Lubbock. I also wonder if two or more cases may be connected; but, I don't know enough to have an opinion. I will keep Jennifer and her family in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Lion

Where is Lubbock in relation to Houston wasn't/isn't there an issue there with woman turning up missing and then found dead. Is this close enough to be the same guy? Altough I think I heard that was more than 1 killer in Houston.

Spazz, Lubbock is about 10-11 hours northwest of Houston, in the Texas panhandle.

I'm in Abilene, just over 2 hours southeast of Lubbock and there is no local news about these murders. I've had to follow them on the net.

Susan

From the above linked article:

In July of 1999, in almost the same location where Kuykendall's was found, Amanda Gschwend's body was found near Olive and East Municipal Drive. Ray Medford was indicted for her murder in May 2005, but was released last year on a $10,000 bond.

Wonder where this dude is?

We live in Lubbock and hubby and I have long thought that we have a serial killer working the area. I do not go anywhere alone after dark and we keep a very close eye on the kids. Too many similarities between all of the cases for it to be a coincidence.

Keep us posted Jodieo! I am glad you are being extra careful.

I wonder about the latest victim. Was she an every-day family-type person who would have been aware of the local danger, or was she unfamiliar or new to the area? Gainfully employed or raising kids? Married, single, risky behavior or very responsible?

Susan

still doesn't give anyone the right to murder.

Very true!

I wonder if this one is a case of someone wanting to get rid of her and dumping the body in a manner similar to previous unsloveds they've heard about on the news? I don't remember any of the other victims being associated with this type of lifestyle, but maybe I missed something.

Don't serial killers usually start with easier victims such as prostitutes or young people involved in risky lifestyles, then progress to more mainstream type victims as they become bolder? Hmmm... maybe this one isn't the same killer...

Susan

this is just what I can find online for Lubbock homicides and missing women- feel free to add if I missed someone:

July of 1999-Amanda Gschwend's body was found near Olive and East
Municipal Drive.

July 2003, Cynthia Palacio's body was found on a county road west of
Slaton. 15 miles from lubbock

April 2004, the body of 21-year-old Linda Carbajal was found on a county
road near New Deal. about 5 miles from Lubbock

May 4th, 2004 - Joanna Rogers went missing-located in the city landfill
November 2006-Rosendo Rodriguez III confessed-
yet to stand trial

July 13, 2004- Jennifer Wilkerson disappeared- still missing

September 2005-Summer Baldwin's body found inside suitcase in landfill-
Rosendo Rodriguez III charged with her murder- yet
to stand trial

August 2006- Kay Harrelson and Peggy Merimon disappear from the
Lubbock State School on their lunch break. Kay Harrelson's
body is found 2 weeks later in a field near Shallowater.
Merimon is still missing. No suspects named, though police
do have a suspect.

April 2007- Selena Kuykendall's body found in east Lubbock.

Here's the link to a thread I started about women missing in Odessa and Midland which are near Lubbock. Like Jodieo, I have long thought there is a serial killer in the area - though it's difficult to say if all these cases are related.

31-year-old Becky Jane Williams - Midland, missing Oct. 1, 2006
43-year-old Paula Jean Tinonga - Midland, missing in Oct.2006
39-year-old Sandra Lee Pelfrey [aka Sandra Lee Schairer]- Ector County/Odessa - missing Nov 23, body found Jan 2, 2007

There may be more missing from this area. It's difficult to find any mention of them.

this is just what I can find online for Lubbock homicides and missing women- feel free to add if I missed someone:

July of 1999-Amanda Gschwend's body was found near Olive and East
Municipal Drive.

July 2003, Cynthia Palacio's body was found on a county road west of
Slaton. 15 miles from lubbock

April 2004, the body of 21-year-old Linda Carbajal was found on a county
road near New Deal. about 5 miles from Lubbock

May 4th, 2004 - Joanna Rogers went missing-located in the city landfill
November 2006-Rosendo Rodriguez III confessed-
yet to stand trial

July 13, 2004- Jennifer Wilkerson disappeared- still missing

September 2005-Summer Baldwin's body found inside suitcase in landfill-
Rosendo Rodriguez III charged with her murder- yet
to stand trial

August 2006- Kay Harrelson and Peggy Merimon disappear from the
Lubbock State School on their lunch break. Kay Harrelson's
body is found 2 weeks later in a field near Shallowater.
Merimon is still missing. No suspects named, though police
do have a suspect.

April 2007- Selena Kuykendall's body found in east Lubbock.

I'll add these two victims to the list because I can't find anything about the murders being solved:

April 2000 Tracy Anderson-Smith found deceased lying in road, head gash
May 2000 Stefanie Hill, a tech student Found deceased in her apt. in
North Lubbock, head injury and small fire had been set

Also, similarly, Miss Carbajal had a head injury and Palacio had been strangled.

More cases from 1993 and no news reports of being solved:

April 1993 Sherry Ann Ragsdale Dorsey, 28, body found in apt. beaten
and strangled

August 1993 Bobbie Ann Fields, 37, body found in field at East 14th &
Keel beaten

Dec. 1993 Kimberly Ann Groseclose, 18, body found at East 50th & Loop
last seen in October at truckstop,

Jan. 1984 Charlotte Ivey,44, body found in a laundromat where she had
been living, stabbed 4 times

From the above linked article:

Wonder where this dude is?

Medford's attorney has issued a statement claiming the a DNA sample will willingly be given in case there is dna to compare in Selena's murder and that he didn't do it. Medford still claims innocence in the murder of Amanda Gschwend. I'm not sure who he is or how they finally came to charge him with this crime. I'm going to try and search for any info.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/060105/loc_060105023.shtml

I searched for more on Medford and didn't come up with anything- looks like the case Amanda Gschwend is stalled.
Our local criminal proceedings baffle me.
They haven't said anymore about Rosendo being charged with Joanna's murder or where they're at with the charges against him for Summer's murder.:banghead: :banghead:

I hope Lubbock is looking for a serial killer before it's too late. I keep thinking back to Baton Rouge, when Derrick Todd Lee killed and raped women for 10 years before he was caught. And he wasn't caught because no one, including the FBI thought that there was a black serial killer killing white women. Thank goodness he left his DNA behind.

Someone in Lubbock is killing these women and dumping them. And as in the Lee case, someone may have seen something but didn't think it was important.

Many of the women were said to have been prostitutes and lived risky lives, but there's not been any talk of dna being found or thoughts on a serial killer even though it sure looks like something is going on at least in some of the cases. I just think of all the freaks who killed for years and years before being caught.

Since these women led risky lives, LE will be less likely to try to find their killers. Which of course is wrong, but that's how they operate.

It sure sounds like there is a serial killer there. I hope LE get advice on these cases.

If the four women that were found were stun gunned, i wonder if the killer has a disability of some sort that impedes his movement at all. Using the stun gun would prevent his victims from running away until they recovered from the electrical shock. I've not heard of this stun gun method before; it's not like he is walking up to them with ether on a hankie.. If he has something wrong with his legs, then he wouldn't be able to chase them well, and it would also throw some suspicion from him as the killer. He might even lure his victims with it..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back