997 users online (184 members and 813 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

A Must Read About Don Imus

Clinton Fein wrote a fantastic article about Don Imus. It is spot on. The interesting thing is the article was written TWO YEARS ago.

This really says it all. Please take the time to read it.
    http://www.annoy.com/editorials/doc....umentID=100700

Thanks,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    I could be way off here, but I get the impression that the author doesn't like Imus too much...

WOW! That certainly does say it all. I never liked Imus, and rarely tuned in. My fear that all of this publicity will help his career, not hurt it. Even if he loses his job, I am sure some syndicated show (radio or tv) will pick him up in a heartbeat. I would hate to see him rewarded in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by MIO View Post
    WOW! That certainly does say it all. I never liked Imus, and rarely tuned in. My fear that all of this publicity will help his career, not hurt it. Even if he loses his job, I am sure some syndicated show (radio or tv) will pick him up in a heartbeat. I would hate to see him rewarded in the end.
    I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I am sick of all the shock jocks and divisive tv personalities. I can't wait until America grows out of this phase!

That WILL happen... won't it?

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist View Post
    I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I am sick of all the shock jocks and divisive tv personalities. I can't wait until America grows out of this phase!

That WILL happen... won't it?
    This will happen as soon as their ratings go in the toilet and they lose advertisers. Until that happens, expect it to go on and on and on and on and on........
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

LOL, this website is blocked at work, under the category of "Tasteless"

I think he's a first rate jerk, but when they go firing people for comments like his, they're making a big mistake. A better thing would have been to ignore him and allow him to disappear into a cloud of dust. I cannot believe that the coach of this girls' basketball team even allowed them to say that they're entire season was ruined because of this comment. How very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    This will happen as soon as their ratings go in the toilet and they lose advertisers. Until that happens, expect it to go on and on and on and on and on........
    This is exactly what I'm saying. When are the American people going to quit listening to this crap? If people weren't tuning in, they wouldn't be on the air. I just don't get it, I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    I think he's a first rate jerk, but when they go firing people for comments like his, they're making a big mistake. A better thing would have been to ignore him and allow him to disappear into a cloud of dust. I cannot believe that the coach of this girls' basketball team even allowed them to say that they're entire season was ruined because of this comment. How very sad.
    I don't know if ignoring him would work, either, though. I mean, look at Rush Limbaugh and the Michael J. Fox thing. No one did anything to Rush, and he's still going strong.

Can you tell I haven't gotten over my attitude over that?

ETA: I agree about the coach. IMO, it was an opportunity to teach a life lesson about the nasty things people will say, and how to cope with that.
    Last edited by IrishMist; 04-12-2007 at 02:39 PM. Reason: add thoughts

I don't know if ignoring him would work, either, though. I mean, look at Rush Limbaugh and the Michael J. Fox thing. No one did anything to Rush, and he's still going strong.

Can you tell I haven't gotten over my attitude over that?

Regardless, you just can't go around getting people fired because you don't like what they've got to say. Just don't listen. That's the beauty of being a free nation.

What i find most objectionable about Imus.

A Wall Street Journal article today raised questions about New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer’s tax inquiry into the Imus Ranch, his Architectural Digest-featured, tax-exempt ranch in New Mexico. Supposedly for “kids with cancer,” a handful of kids are bussed in for a few days a year to come work on the ranch, while consumer brands clamor to give money and product in the hope they won’t be dissed on air. I, for one, wouldn’t take such offense to any of it -- often the rants are spot on, but it’s his constant equating of anyone unsupportive of his tirades as “hating children with cancer” that steps over the line. Coupled with the arrogance that no one will call him for his bull***** and that everyone from Cheney to Spitzer is in his pocket.

More about his camp:
    NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Radio host Don Imus is facing criticism from the Wall Street Journal Thursday for the costs incurred by his charity that brings sick children to his ranch for visits.

The paper, quoting the filings of Imus' charity, reports that it spent $2.6 million in 2003 and $2.7 million in 2002 to bring 100 children to the ranch each year. That works out to just under $3,000 per night per child, which the paper reports is far more than spent by other charities.

Link: http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/24/news/newsmakers/imus/
    Note: This is from March 24, 2005
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    Regardless, you just can't go around getting people fired because you don't like what they've got to say. Just don't listen. That's the beauty of being a free nation.
    Oh, no. I agree. I posted on one of the Imus threads that I agreed with the suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    LOL, this website is blocked at work, under the category of "Tasteless"

LOL, it's blocked here in my office as well

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Oh, no. I agree. I posted on one of the Imus threads that I agreed with the suspension.
    A suspension and being fired are not the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast