Terror laws to target books, DVDs

For a second there, I forgot you were in Australia! :doh:

I was getting ready to get up in arms :D

Hmmm, well I cant make a good judgement on this since I do think terrorism is glamorized but I dont think this is causing terrorism. Im very uncomfortable with censorship. Honestly by starting the censorship when is it going to stop?

Hmmm, well I cant make a good judgement on this since I do think terrorism is glamorized but I dont think this is causing terrorism. Im very uncomfortable with censorship. Honestly by starting the censorship when is it going to stop?

Not causing but maybe promoting.

So am I, but I'm going with the 'zero tolerance' approach in regards to terrorism and the safety of my country-
The amended law making it 'illegal to sell material that advocates a terrorist act' is fine by me.

Not causing but maybe promoting.

So am I, but I'm going with the 'zero tolerance' approach in regards to terrorism and the safety of my country-
The amended law making it 'illegal to sell material that advocates a terrorist act' is fine by me.
Yep. So am i , Narls. Only thing is these idiots will just by books over the Net and get them sent in... How many will customs seize? Books can also be downloaded ... Ah,well, I guess it stops idiots from just walking in a shop and purchasing them. I have no problem with this new law..
As we all know it is only a matter of time and there is a definete underground movement here..

Terror laws to target books, DVDs

Books and movies that "advocate" terrorism are to be outlawed under new Federal laws to be unveiled today.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=260853

I agree with this - that Sheik dudes dvd series needs to be taken off the shelves.

Time for me to go to bed. When I read,
that Sheik dudes dvd series needs to be taken off the shelves
I thought you wrote "Shrek" like the kids movie? I was so puzzled as to what in the world that movie had to do with terrorism.

Goodnight.

Ah, Tricia.. you have given me the best laugh of the day!

Time for me to go to bed. When I read, I thought you wrote "Shrek" like the kids movie? I was so puzzled as to what in the world that movie had to do with terrorism.

Goodnight.

lol- yep time to go to bed Tricia, Sheik, Shrek *throws hand up in air- whatever lol

Sorry for the confusion ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back