1304 users online (248 members and 1056 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    Right...I got ya there. What I was trying to say is, has any of these relatives of Madyln's been contacted yet? I have a few areas to explore in the event that Margaret Kukoda (child of Anthony and Esther and sister of Madlyn) is NOT Brodys MK. There is a great possibility she is, but a few things just arent right. Specifically her birth date. You would think being retired Navy, Registered Nurse, and Convict, with a valid Social Security Number that her birth date would have been correct on her death certificate, but it's not. If they are the same people the birth month should be March 1917(or maybe April) but the death cert says August 1917. Born & died on the exact same day 50 years later.
    As far as the birthdate on the death certificate, you have to remember- GW most likely signed that certificate. It was probably completed in collaboration with GB. So an incorrect birth date on the death certificate could have been on purpose, inadvertent (maybe a date associated with one of the aliases), or simply a typo (that happens more than you would think.)
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    As far as the birthdate on the death certificate, you have to remember- GW most likely signed that certificate. It was probably completed in collaboration with GB. So an incorrect birth date on the death certificate could have been on purpose, inadvertent (maybe a date associated with one of the aliases), or simply a typo (that happens more than you would think.)
    No, he would not have signed the death certificate, since she died at a public institution, Laguna Honda Hospital, where he was not her doctor.

12-2-05 by Annamom (cut and past from original Anna Christian Waters thread. Post #140
    Originally Posted by laini
    Does anyone know how and/or where George and Brody first met?laini
    Annasmom reply:
    Waters treated Brody's girl friend, who had an incurable tumor and subsequently died. Brody was in all probability living off this woman, who had a number of small businesses under (no surprise) several different names.

I've been searching past threads and came upon this information. Was this speculation by Annasmom, or is there indeed proof of aliases and businesses that Margaret Kukoda ran? Besides her possible Mary K business, what other names did she use and what business did she have?

Also, I was under the impression that George Waters never had a private practice and was mainly a Emergency room/clinic doctor. Why would he be treating a Cancer/tumor patient?
    There was some research on Margaret's businesses and phone listings in the Box which LE now has, so I can't give you specifics. The only name I remember her using was Mary Kay. Doogie may remember more. GW had no business treating a cancer patient, but he was doing it privately, probably under instruction from Brody himself, and using (from what I recall) some quite unconventional therapies. Again, Doogie may remember more.

Another slant on George Brody

I was on Fisherman's Wharf today with my son and grandson, waiting on the sidewalk, when I did a double-take at a hawker who resembled George Brody. As I waited there, I was struck by how much this man's "act" and come-on resembled the ramblings of GB. I began to wonder if GB had come through some carnival circuit or something. Didn't they used to have boxers? And certainly they had con men. Any ideas?

Right...I got ya there. What I was trying to say is, has any of these relatives of Madyln's been contacted yet? I have a few areas to explore in the event that Margaret Kukoda (child of Anthony and Esther and sister of Madlyn) is NOT Brodys MK. There is a great possibility she is, but a few things just arent right. Specifically her birth date. You would think being retired Navy, Registered Nurse, and Convict, with a valid Social Security Number that her birth date would have been correct on her death certificate, but it's not. If they are the same people the birth month should be March 1917(or maybe April) but the death cert says August 1917. Born & died on the exact same day 50 years later.
    I hate to say it, but maybe the person who filled out the death certificate started writing the death date in the birth state slot and was too lazy to change it when realizing the error. It wouldn't surprise me.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annasunc View Post
    I hate to say it, but maybe the person who filled out the death certificate started writing the death date in the birth state slot and was too lazy to change it when realizing the error. It wouldn't surprise me.
    That thought did cross my mind! ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    I was on Fisherman's Wharf today with my son and grandson, waiting on the sidewalk, when I did a double-take at a hawker who resembled George Brody. As I waited there, I was struck by how much this man's "act" and come-on resembled the ramblings of GB. I began to wonder if GB had come through some carnival circuit or something. Didn't they used to have boxers? And certainly they had con men. Any ideas?
    Hmmm. That could explain a lot -- his untraceability and use of alias(es), his exposure and subsequent appropriation of bits and pieces of various philosophies to fit his purpose (as fictional gambler Brett Maverick said, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, and those are pretty good odds") and notable occasional successes with this tactic.

Not to get too far off target, but this is the route Col. Tom Parker (a contemporary of Brody's) went before becoming Elvis's manager (one of his specialties was "dancing chickens," with the poor birds standing, then hopping, on a hidden hot plate as the temperature was surreptitiously turned up). In "The Colonel: The Extraordinary Story Of Colonel Tom Parker And Elvis Presley" author Alanna Nash speculates that the Colonel, known as Andreas Cornelis van Kujik at the time, had to flee the Netherlands after the bludgeoning death of a grocer's wife with a crowbar, and Parker's fear of discovery about his past was why Elvis never toured outside the US. Parker was born near the turn of the century, but little is known for sure about his life before the 1940s, and he was in the public spotlight for decades. The truth about Parker's early years was revealed only when his family in the Netherlands recognized him in photographs with Elvis, and confirmed in 1982 when Parker tried to avert a lawsuit by asserting he was a Dutch citizen.
    Last edited by Annasunc; 04-23-2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: additional information

I recall that Col. Parker used to purposely overpay his income taxes in an effort to avoid being audited, since an audit may have uncovered his status as an illegal immigrant to the U.S.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

Check this out

I was looking at some old missing cases on the Charlie Project and came across this one. My first glance at the pics I could have swore it was good ol GB. What do you all think?

Glen Hyde: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hyde_glen.html

Compare to http://new.photos.yahoo.com/drdoogie...03184156275/14

and

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/drdoogie...03184156362/15

LOL, I just PM'd that one to Dr. Doogie a couple days ago, I did a face over, on many pics, and have some sites listed with photos, cause I thought the same thing!!! Good Work!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by InterestedNHelping View Post
    LOL, I just PM'd that one to Dr. Doogie a couple days ago, I did a face over, on many pics, and have some sites listed with photos, cause I thought the same thing!!! Good Work!!!!
    Great minds think alike!! LOL So did the good Doctor see a resemlence? The part about meeting his wife on a passenger ship from San Francisco to LA was kind of eerie too.

(and his wife kind of resembles MK too!)

I thought all the same things you do! hehehehe...In one of the sites they talk about how domineering and controlling he was...hmmm, sounds familiar. Him being an adventurer doesn't, but anyone in their youth can be different than when they are older. She did look like MK, and I thought that his wife could have died accidentally, (or maybe on purpose) and he walked out of there, and became a new man in a town he was familiar with. The pics of his father, look uncannily like GB when he is older!

...So did the good Doctor see a resemlence?..
    Right now, my time has been spent preparing for the DNA results, so I have not had much time for examining this possibility. At first glance, the resemblance is somewhat close, but not an "A-Ha!" type resemblance. I will look at this much closer as time permits. It is promising that two researchers came to the same information independently! Good job, you guys!
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

Quote Originally Posted by InterestedNHelping View Post
    .... The pics of his father, look uncannily like GB when he is older!

THanks for the links, I just looked at the last one and you are right!!! His father looks more like Brody than Glen does...LOL

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast