799 users online (137 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I had to step out for a bit, back now...

I have done many hours of researching Brody, compiling info but never anything concrete. Some time ago, I mentioned lightly about how there are old missing persons cases, where someone from a family may be looking for someone that looks like Brody but not named as such. I have spent alot of hours in this arena, looking for him under other names. Honestly, when the pictures are blown up and places side by side or over each other, they are very close.
    WOuldn't it be amazing if Anna was found, and Brody's identity uncovered, and the Glen and Bessie mystery solved? LOL that would be incredible. But there is still a long way to go to determining it.
    BTW, did you notice the 'fedora' Glen and his father both seem so fond of wearing? Interesting, huh?
    Thanks for verifying all the work I did on this by finding it too, it seems more credible to me now. Lets figure this one out!
    Smiles

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterestedNHelping View Post
    I had to step out for a bit, back now...

I have done many hours of researching Brody, compiling info but never anything concrete. Some time ago, I mentioned lightly about how there are old missing persons cases, where someone from a family may be looking for someone that looks like Brody but not named as such. I have spent alot of hours in this arena, looking for him under other names. Honestly, when the pictures are blown up and places side by side or over each other, they are very close.
    WOuldn't it be amazing if Anna was found, and Brody's identity uncovered, and the Glen and Bessie mystery solved? LOL that would be incredible. But there is still a long way to go to determining it.
    BTW, did you notice the 'fedora' Glen and his father both seem so fond of wearing? Interesting, huh?
    Thanks for verifying all the work I did on this by finding it too, it seems more credible to me now. Lets figure this one out!
    Smiles

This is just so weird! Look at the top pic on this page you posted:
    http://ns.headroyce.org/~afarnham/Li...ionphotos.html
    (side view) and this one of Brody: (Also side view)
    http://new.photos.yahoo.com/drdoogie...803184155399/4
    When you look at these 2 side by side, The ears, the nose, (even the flair of the nostril) and the chin all look so similar. And oh yes the famous fedora too. (Most farmers in those times wore straw hats, or cowboy hats...not felt fedoras.)

LOL, I have pics downloaded and side by side blow ups all over my computer, because the shapes of ears, eyes jaw everything is similar! that is so funny, I really know what you mean, I have been sitting on this all week after I sent it to Dr Doogie, because I knew he would be busy with the DNA, and I didn't want to start another riot! LOL, but I am stunned at the similarities. The father has an amazing resemblance just in his stance and they way he holds his arms to what Brody did!
    I didn't want to tell the guy that wrote the book just yet, I think this has become our mystery to solve, LOL!

The story behind the Hydes is quite fascinating. Some reports say she was pregnant. Maybe a Scott & Laci situation?? Maybe he did accidentally on purpose kill her since he requested no life preservers. Eventually he found his way out of the canyon, and moved to SF where he found someone else to support him. With a little imagination the pieces fit together so well.

He must have been a smooth talker to make a young married woman go to such lengths to divorce her husband and move to Idaho to help him farm.
    Last edited by iNTERESTEDWOMAN; 05-03-2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Grammer

You are thinkin! What I am thinkin! LOL...my father has a saying "Dumb, like a fox"...he may be acting simply and thinking overtime! He was a control freak, according to his own family, no surprise that he convinced her to do all that for him....seems he was able to convince MK to be the 'woman he wanted her to be" otherwise, she wouldn't have been with him. The San Francisco connection is interesting because there are not alot of details as to the timeline of him going there, to meet her...he just 'went to SF', what the heck did that mean? Seems alot of similarities, and at first the smaller pics of him didn't impress me, bit when I blew them up next to Brody, I was actually extremely surprised by it.

What is striking me as so funny, is that the very first case I ever worked on, many years ago, also involved a man by the name of Hyde....LOL, those 'Jeckyl and Hyde' types are something else!

Glen was raised in Washington, California, Canada, and Idaho and attended college in Oregon and Idaho.

I wonder where in California he was raised?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

contact info for the publisher of the book about the Hydes
    http://www.fretwater.com/contact.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

wikopedia article on the Hydes
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_and_Bessie_Hyde

additional info
    http://www.azpaths.com/features/arti...p?ArticleID=18

If you have a question or comment regarding the Arizona Paths website, please fill out the following form.

http://www.azpaths.com/contact/

More info from the author Brad Dimock
    http://www.gcrg.org/bqr/13-1/pop.html
    It looks like Glenn Hyde spent some time in San Diego as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Glen was raised in Washington, California, Canada, and Idaho and attended college in Oregon and Idaho.

I wonder where in California he was raised?
    The college part struck me, How many men in the 20's went to college and then went home to become a potato farmer??? Maybe not the life he wanted, that's why he cut himself off from his own family.

The writer has a page on his site, to get folks to post their own theories, I believe possibly, because he may plan to write another book..I will get a copy but don't necessarily want to contact him just yet, we have some more homework to do, I have worked a long time on this, and I want to finish my work on it, before this THEORY is discussed as a real possiblity with the author. He is a man that was a river guide and made the same boat they sailed in, and his theory is that since it was so hard to control, they drowned swiftly and suddenly.
    Please note, on past Wikipedia posts, anyone that submits info that is not disputed was posted. It is not always accurate, just the best available info deemed relevant. College records are easily check from that time period.
    He seemed to be on an adventure or some particular reason, hopefully not just to get rid of Bessie.

Well folks, jump on the bandwagon, all help is more than welcome! Thanks Mysteriew! I do have one major doubt here, so look closely...My Hyde's ears appear to be higher than the midline of the eye...Brody's do not so much....this is a defining line that we use in medicine. what do you think?

More from Brad Dimock. You have to read this.
    http://www.gcrg.org/bqr/13-4/glen.html

Interesting story, I wonder where those picture she gave him are? None are posted by him as far as I can see...he only shows the Glen we are looking at...any theories why that is?

That is probably the tease for the book.....is it or is it not the same person?

Another book on the Hydes

http://www.onebookaz.org/2005/book.htm

Dimock is also mentioned and there is a link to an NPR interview of him.

More about the Dimock book, but also contains some info about the Hydes.
    http://www.mtexpress.com/2001/01-06-06/01-06-06sunk.htm

Hyde family photos and photos of the trip
    http://www6.nau.edu/library/scadb/pe...%2C%20Glen

There is a woman that also wrote a book about them, but it was mostly about herself and her similar adventures, so they are mixed together, with no real answers...I will see if I can find her site still.

Lisa Michaels is the author

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast