MD - Chemical on playground burns boy, age 2

bigbuck

Former Member
Reaction score
MIDDLE RIVER, Md. - A 2-year-old boy was severely burned Saturday after he went down the slide at an elementary school playground. Someone had broken into the school, stolen several bottles of industrial-strength drain cleaner and splashed it all over the playground equipment, authorities said.

What kind off sick freak would do such a thing?? My heart breaks for that little boy severely injured because he played on his favorite slide.

http://tinyurl.com/32zfjj

That's so awful! Why would it even occur to anyone to do that?

We live in a sick, scary world.

What an awful, evil person! Why in the world would someone do that?

Poor little kid. I hope he's able to recover fully and they are able to catch these monsters that did this. Just seems like a group of troubled people to me.

What on earth is wrong with people? What kind of sick *$@#^ would do such a thing? Poor baby..... I hope he recovers fully.

I hope they catch the jerk who did this.

When a little kid gets hurt, you usually can say "it's because it was hot" or "it's from running in the house"

How can you explain to a 2 year old that someone hurt him on purpose?

It mighta been stupid teenagers, not thinking of the future/potential consequences, only thinking of "Hey, smash, crash! Hee, hee hee!". They might not have done it on purpose to hurt someone, "kids" can have a major disconnect that way.

It mighta been stupid teenagers, not thinking of the future/potential consequences, only thinking of "Hey, smash, crash! Hee, hee hee!". They might not have done it on purpose to hurt someone, "kids" can have a major disconnect that way.
Thats the trouble with kids and teenagers today, they do not think before they act, but it still is not an excuse for the damage and injuries caused to equipment and that poor little boy, they need to be made accountable for their actions.

I haven't taken any kids to parks since I was at one last year and saw a teenage boy spitting in the sand by the swings. To me, that is such a nasty and disgusting thing to do in public. Now this is a new and even more danger to be aware of and something I would never have thought of.

Thats the trouble with kids and teenagers today, they do not think before they act, but it still is not an excuse for the damage and injuries caused to equipment and that poor little boy, they need to be made accountable for their actions.

I fully agree, but I was pointing out that the act might not be deliberately cruel. There were quite a few already branding the one(s?) who did this as "evil", so I felt I should speak out and point out that maybe some stupid kid is out there horrified, guilty, and scared because of their thoughtless actions. Or, it might have been done on purpose to cause harm, too. Time may tell...

I thought about this too, KatK.

I fully agree, but I was pointing out that the act might not be deliberately cruel. There were quite a few already branding the one(s?) who did this as "evil", so I felt I should speak out and point out that maybe some stupid kid is out there horrified, guilty, and scared because of their thoughtless actions. Or, it might have been done on purpose to cause harm, too. Time may tell...

I used the word evil and I stand by my use of the adjective.

Whoever did it broke into a school and stole items. They then proceeded to take chemicals and dump them- not behind a grocery store, in the street, down by a creek, etc. They dumped it ON A PLAYGROUND SLIDE.
Where children play.

Perhaps they didnt realize a child would be severly injured, but they had to know their actions could hurt a child because playgrounds are for children to play on.

Strange as it may be, almost the exact same criminal act occurred just one day or so prior to the incident in this thread occurring. It happened in my town, in Texas, and they have a suspect. I imagine that because similar criminal minds as evidenced by the two unrelated similar criminal acts could aid in determining what type of person could have done this to the playground in Maryland. They can base it from their current knowledge and perhaps add in what is known about the suspect who committed an extremely similar crime just days ago.

Luckily, the little girl in the case in Texas was not seriously harmed. This dear boy in Maryland has been seriously injured, I have heard. I feel so bad for this little boy and his family, and I sure hope they catch the creep(s) that did it. Whomever it was may be a hardened criminal in the making--possibly a troubled teen or pre-teen. Or perhaps it is a person(s) who has the mind of a pre-teen or teen. That is just a guess, really.

Lion

I used the word evil and I stand by my use of the adjective.

Whoever did it broke into a school and stole items. They then proceeded to take chemicals and dump them- not behind a grocery store, in the street, down by a creek, etc. They dumped it ON A PLAYGROUND SLIDE.
Where children play.

Perhaps they didnt realize a child would be severly injured, but they had to know their actions could hurt a child because playgrounds are for children to play on.

If they didn't realize a child would be severely injured, they are "ignorant" not "evil." But since we don't know who did this or why, it's hard to say what they are.

Perhaps this is the work of someone who is mentally ill - maybe a paranoid schizophrenic listened to the voices in his head and they told him that if he did this he would save the children. Such a person is sick, but not evil.

I hope they catch whoever is responsible. My young sons love playgrounds and so do I.

I stand by what I said as well. There always seems to be an excuse for someone's actions, but there are people that simply do things to get a kick out of it...teenagers included. Like the one's that peppered the playgrounds in Orange County with razor blades and plastic eggs filled with tylenol.

I have to go with evil, rather than ignorant. Ignorant is skateboarding holding a rope tied to the bumper of your friend's truck. (I stopped a kid doing that once--he said, "The car's not going very fast!" I said, "Won't matter when your head hits that concrete curb."

This was deliberately meant to hurt someone.

That is evil.

It certainly was ill intent, in my opinion. If they used soapy water on the slide to make it sticky, or faster, I could see it just being weird, but they deliberately picked a caustic substance.

It certainly was ill intent, in my opinion. If they used soapy water on the slide to make it sticky, or faster, I could see it just being weird, but they deliberately picked a caustic substance.

I agree. An incident like you described, let's say using soap on the slide, could have had an unintened outcome, like a severe head injury or a broken limb. That's being an ignorant teenager. But acid, razor blades and the like have a very severe outcome no matter how you look at it.

I have to go with evil, rather than ignorant. Ignorant is skateboarding holding a rope tied to the bumper of your friend's truck. (I stopped a kid doing that once--he said, "The car's not going very fast!" I said, "Won't matter when your head hits that concrete curb."

This was deliberately meant to hurt someone.

That is evil.

Is it evil if the person was mentally ill and/or delusional?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back