1076 users online (218 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

VA - Virginia Tech Shooting, 32 murdered, 23 injured, 16 April 2007

Suspect reported held in fatal Va. Tech shooting
    One person dead; 2nd assailant may be at large; 7-8 others may be victims

Updated: 17 minutes ago
    BLACKSBURG, Va. - A shooting at a Virginia Tech dormitory on Monday left at least one person dead, a state government official with knowledge of the case told The Associated Press. One suspect is said to be in custody, with another suspect still at large.

Meantime, officials said there were seven to eight additional casualties.

more at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/?GT1=9246

Local Station WSLS has interupted regular programing and has live coverage.

17 students being treated at this time at Montgomery Regional Hospital. It is unclear the exact number of injured. Could be as high as 24.

Statement on the VT.edu Web site:
    " BLACKSBURG, Va., April 16, 2007 -- A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows
    A shooting incident occurred at West Ambler Johnston earlier this morning. Police are on the scene and are investigating.
    The university community is urged to be cautious. If you observe anything suspicious or have information on the case, please contact Virginia Tech Police at 231-6411"

http://www.wsls.com/servlet/Satellit...=1173350761291
    Retired 08/03/03

http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/breaking/wb/113294

A map showing shooting locations on campus at thie above site.
    Retired 08/03/03

According to WSLS they just got confirmation of 20 dead.

eta: According to the reporter the Chief Of The VA Tech Police confirmed the above information. He also said that the shooter is dead. They are saying now that there was only one shooter. Conflicting reports on how many shooters there were.
    Retired 08/03/03

28 additional students being treated at local hospitals. Conditions range from stable to critical.

Reporter is saying death toll could rise. Authorities are saying at least 20 fatalities.

The local station has cell phone video of the actual shootings, you can hear the shoots being fired.

Prayers for all involved in this horrible event.
    Retired 08/03/03

20 fatalities! Unbelievable! What's this world coming to?
    Link to Roanoke newspaper: http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/breaking/wb/113294
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

http://www.wuvt.vt.edu/main.html

Link to Virginia Tech Radio Station
    Retired 08/03/03

Prayers for all the parents out there who are trying to find out the status of their child at the Univ.

From the press conference, apparently police were called to a shooting in one building and while they were investigating that one, they received a report of shootings in another building?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    This is so sad. Why does this stuff continue to happen? It makes me really scared for my kids....

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

The death toll is now 21! How did this happen???
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    For some reason, I can't get these links to open. But I'm confused about the suspects. Are there more than one? I heard one is in custody but then I heard the suspect is dead. Can someone fill me in?? TIA!!!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

This is terrible. Prayers for the families of the students and staff.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    From the press conference, apparently police were called to a shooting in one building and while they were investigating that one, they received a report of shootings in another building?
    And it appears that the two buildings are on opposite ends of the campus. This is very suspicious...
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

There was a campus shooting at Virginia Tech last August and I remember we had a member here at WS's who lived there. I can't remember who it was.
    I live about an hour from there myself so am getting some good local coverage.
    There was a bomb threat at VA Tech last week, LE are looking into whether there is a connection.

Blacksburg is such a beautiful old town. This is so sad.

They are telling students to stay inside their dorms but are telling faculty to leave campus as quickly as they can now.

**Va Tech Police now confirming 22 fatalities**
    Retired 08/03/03

Here is the latest news on Yahoo.

BLACKSBURG, Va. - A gunman opened fire in a dorm and classroom at Virginia Tech on Monday, killing 21 people and wounding another 21 before he was killed, police said.

What a terrible tragedy. So many young lives destroyed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/..._tech_shooting

Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast