VA - Virginia Tech Shooting, 32 murdered, 23 injured, 16 April 2007

gidget641

Trust me I am not a people person
Reaction score
Suspect reported held in fatal Va. Tech shooting
One person dead; 2nd assailant may be at large; 7-8 others may be victims

Updated: 17 minutes ago
BLACKSBURG, Va. - A shooting at a Virginia Tech dormitory on Monday left at least one person dead, a state government official with knowledge of the case told The Associated Press. One suspect is said to be in custody, with another suspect still at large.

Meantime, officials said there were seven to eight additional casualties.

more at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/?GT1=9246

Local Station WSLS has interupted regular programing and has live coverage.

17 students being treated at this time at Montgomery Regional Hospital. It is unclear the exact number of injured. Could be as high as 24.

Statement on the VT.edu Web site:
" BLACKSBURG, Va., April 16, 2007 -- A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows
A shooting incident occurred at West Ambler Johnston earlier this morning. Police are on the scene and are investigating.
The university community is urged to be cautious. If you observe anything suspicious or have information on the case, please contact Virginia Tech Police at 231-6411"

http://www.wsls.com/servlet/Satelli...LS_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173350761291

According to WSLS they just got confirmation of 20 dead.

eta: According to the reporter the Chief Of The VA Tech Police confirmed the above information. He also said that the shooter is dead. They are saying now that there was only one shooter. Conflicting reports on how many shooters there were.

28 additional students being treated at local hospitals. Conditions range from stable to critical.

Reporter is saying death toll could rise. Authorities are saying at least 20 fatalities.

The local station has cell phone video of the actual shootings, you can hear the shoots being fired.

Prayers for all involved in this horrible event.

Prayers for all the parents out there who are trying to find out the status of their child at the Univ.

From the press conference, apparently police were called to a shooting in one building and while they were investigating that one, they received a report of shootings in another building?

This is so sad. Why does this stuff continue to happen? It makes me really scared for my kids....

The death toll is now 21! How did this happen???

For some reason, I can't get these links to open. But I'm confused about the suspects. Are there more than one? I heard one is in custody but then I heard the suspect is dead. Can someone fill me in?? TIA!!!

From the press conference, apparently police were called to a shooting in one building and while they were investigating that one, they received a report of shootings in another building?

And it appears that the two buildings are on opposite ends of the campus. This is very suspicious...

There was a campus shooting at Virginia Tech last August and I remember we had a member here at WS's who lived there. I can't remember who it was.
I live about an hour from there myself so am getting some good local coverage.
There was a bomb threat at VA Tech last week, LE are looking into whether there is a connection.

Blacksburg is such a beautiful old town. This is so sad.

They are telling students to stay inside their dorms but are telling faculty to leave campus as quickly as they can now.

**Va Tech Police now confirming 22 fatalities**

I am shocked, once again. Just heard on the radio, as shadow said, 22 confirmed fatalities...28 injured.

What happened? Was there 2 gunman?

Reporting shots on 2 sides of the campus??

In the Yahoo article above, I think it says that the shootings happened 2 hours apart?
The university reported shootings at opposite sides of the 2,600-acre campus, beginning at about 7:15 a.m. at West Ambler Johnston, a co-ed residence hall that houses 895 people, and continuing about two hours later at Norris Hall, an engineering building

I am shocked, once again. Just heard on the radio, as shadow said, 22 confirmed fatalities...28 injured.

What happened? Was there 2 gunman?

Reporting shots on 2 sides of the campus??

I just heard on the radio that there was only one gunman. Amazing that one person can do all of that, especially since the shootings were two hours apart!! I would think he would have been caught before he could do the second one!

I grew up there. So very very very sad. The incident in August was from an escaped inmate. I too feel so very sorry for those parents and folks trying to reach their loved ones. That must be the most horrific feeling in the world when you know your child/spouse, etc is in an area and you can't get in touch with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back